Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Again, much like we do with the US you mean?
Well, that's fucking great eh! That not having a say about the rules we have to live by.

Glad we've done it. Given up our say in stuff we have to do. Winner winner chlorinated chicken dinner!

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Well, that's fucking great eh! That not having a say about the rules we have to live by.

Glad we've done it. Given up our say in stuff we have to do. Winner winner chlorinated chicken dinner!

You mean the rules we have to live by if we want to trade with that market? How is that going to change exactly? We already have to ensure our products comply with all market legislation we want to sell into, and there are already a hell of a lot of cases of these where we have no influence on the rules - even within the EU itself. As much as Europhiles love to drone on about how awesome the Single Market is, it isn't really that Single - each country in the EU still has its own particular standards that have to be followed.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
...which are usually interior to our own rules anyway...

Bodhi

Precisely. I have no idea where this idea that we're going to become the Wild West of Chlorinated Chicken and other general lawlessness - have they actually compared the proliferation of Health and Safety notices in the UK compared to the rest of Europe? And do they really think just because the EU aren't there the adenoidal high visibility brigade are just going to vanish into the night?

Embattle

FH is my second home
The amount of bullshit from both sides of the argument make it a no score draw afaik.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

So, you're saying it's better that we don't get a say in the rules now eh? No?

No amount of waffle that you type makes it better that we have to do stuff that our major trading partner requires regardless of how we feel about it. Type all you like, but it's an indesputable fact that when you don't have a say about stuff you have to do then it's worse than when you do have a say.

Period.

Edit: Brexiter's (including your) alleged main rationale was that we'd take back power and sovreignity. But the result is the exact opposite in this case.

Bodhi

I'm saying not much will change in that regard. I thought that was fairly clear, but maybe you were too busy disappearing up your own arse in a bout of self righteousness (as usual) to read properly?

Ormorof

FH is my second home
London and other UK cities will continue to be highly rated after brexit (New York and Vancouver are not in EU but have shitloads of EU people), biggest problem is the current uncertainty and the people that will leave are the skilled workers and educated who can leave easily and can work anywhere, the ones who stay will be the ones UKIP wanted out

Of course many will stay and hope for the best, but asking millions of people (who pay taxes and contribute but cant vote in general elections) to hope for the best is a bizarre situation

Once brexit has been settled it will likely find a new normal level, woth English as a major language throughout EU the UK does have a big advantage vs the other big cities

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Predictions grabbed from the air by an industry that has no clue whatsoever what is going to happen in ten minutes.
AI is going to destroy banking anyway..of course it allready has, Brexit is just a speed bump in the next 30 years.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Job, for possibly the first time in his life, is correct. The only thing that will matter in 20 years in that sector is where the brass plaque is, which will simply be down to tax rate. "Staff" won't be a thing in banking.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Ah yeah, it's anti-brexit innit, so therefore it's wrong completely and utterly wrong.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
No, its not wrong, where did you get that from..? Strange attitude to have...

it's not exactly run to the hills either though. I know you want it to be but no :(

Last edited:

Bodhi

Given the article contains liberal spreading of the word "could" and "might", I'll file it with the rest of the predictions so far.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Well, the bank I've been working at for the last four years is shedding UK staff at a great rate and slightly increasing it's European contingent.

Brexit is the main reason given when they kick talented lifers out the door. It's certainly the case for architectural changes that have massively accelerated.

Strangely it's the same as the other two banks I've worked in recently.

But hey, I only derive my living from the sector. The fact that the article is being backed up by actual on the ground experience is irrelevant I guess. Especially for you three as it's been brought up before and disregarded out of hand then...

Job

Oh this one is sooooo their problem...hes in Belgium, this is just so sweet...do they condone sending him to a politically motivated trial with a basically barbaric sentencing, or do they stick to their guns and refuse extradition...you know the way they protect every bullshitter who arrives from a 'war zone'.
Hes allready asked for Belgium to hold the trial...which is code for, let the EU sort it out.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Oh this one is sooooo their problem...hes in Belgium, this is just so sweet...do they condone sending him to a politically motivated trial with a basically barbaric sentencing, or do they stick to their guns and refuse extradition...you know the way they protect every bullshitter who arrives from a 'war zone'.
Hes allready asked for Belgium to hold the trial...which is code for, let the EU sort it out.

Or in the real world let Belgium and Spain sort it out...

Job

Oh rearly..he didnt pick Brussels because he likes sprouts.
Hes dropped a shit brick on the EUs door.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Amateur compared to Shipman, even their serial killers working in medicine are crap in comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom