Tom

I am a FH squatter
The point you are refusing to accept is that everyone is in charge of their own destiny, social mobility blah blah, try complaining about the lack of it to someone in the 3rd world ffs. People have every opportunity to better themselves, if they don't want to take those chances then fuck'um.

I believe you'll continue to believe this nonsense right up to the day where, through no fault of your own, you find yourself utterly unable to work through illness or injury. You lose your home, your savings, many of your possessions. The government makes you jump through smaller and smaller hoops, you leave the heating off, the electricity bill goes unpaid, the debts mount up. And some cretin in a government building lacking a disabled entrance tells you you're fit to work, despite the fact you can only walk for 1 minute and have great difficulty concentrating on anything, and removes your benefits.

Perhaps then, when you're in tears visiting a food bank (I've seen this and it's horrible), you might change your opinion.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
You must always remember.
If you eradicate the people below you, then you become the bottom.

Job

I believe you'll continue to believe this nonsense right up to the day where, through no fault of your own, you find yourself utterly unable to work through illness or injury. You lose your home, your savings, many of your possessions. The government makes you jump through smaller and smaller hoops, you leave the heating off, the electricity bill goes unpaid, the debts mount up. And some cretin in a government building lacking a disabled entrance tells you you're fit to work, despite the fact you can only walk for 1 minute and have great difficulty concentrating on anything, and removes your benefits.

Perhaps then, when you're in tears visiting a food bank (I've seen this and it's horrible), you might change your opinion.
An awful lot of food bank users and homeless are divorced men...the woman gets everything and the man becomes a burden on his family and friends, they actually turn to the streets to get some self respect..losing their jobs because of poor mental health during the break up.
They are crying through shame.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
You don't really believe that do you? The move towards zero hour contracts has nothing to do with giving workers more choices; its about slashing wage bills and nothing else. There may be a subset of people who find such contracts useful (although given the way they're set up often precludes easily managing a second job), but that's not the intention, its a side-effect.

Yet, when McDonald's offered employees in 23 cities the chance to move off Zero Hour Contracts, 80 percent of those offered said No ta.

McDonald's offers all staff an end to zero-hours contracts

I'd say 80 percent was a fucking big subset Tbh.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Yet, when McDonald's offered employees in 23 cities the chance to move off Zero Hour Contracts, 80 percent of those offered said No ta.

McDonald's offers all staff an end to zero-hours contracts

I'd say 80 percent was a fucking big subset Tbh.

For McDonalds, where most of their staff in the UK are students, and they were given a 15% rise to stay on zero-hour contracts. Your sample size of 1 company isn't very informative. Its still a side-effect.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
For McDonalds, where most of their staff in the UK are students, and they were given a 15% rise to stay on zero-hour contracts. Your sample size of 1 company isn't very informative. Its still a side-effect.

If someone is looking for a solid 35-40 a week then why would they chose to work on a zero hours contract? and even more bizarrely, then complain about it?

Contracts that do not guarantee a minimum number of hours - Office for National Statistics

33% of people on them are 16-24
18% in full time education

The vast majority of zero hours contracts are for industries such as food, entertainment, retail etc where it makes sense to use staff as and when needed. It also makes sense for those that chose to work in those industries. Since when were they 9-5, 5 days a week situations settings?

Most of us wouldn't chose (There is that word again!) to work on a zero hours contract, because they don't suit our lifestyles. They are perfectly fine for lots of people though.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
And a survey carried out by an organisation which offers it's services to companies on how best to arrange zero hour contracts, amongst other things.

Job

So..Spanish holidays eh, now the locals and the terrorists are after you.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
And a survey carried out by an organisation which offers it's services to companies on how best to arrange zero hour contracts, amongst other things.

HR advice and information company in gathering information and offering HR related advice to companies shocker.

Would you have prefered the survey(s) to have been carried out by RICS, or perhaps the bee-keeping institute?

Do the doors on your car fall off when you come to a stop?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ruth Gregory, economist at Capital Economics, said the figures were probably just a blip, as the deadline fell on a different day of the week from last year.

"Self-assessment receipts were boosted by the 31 July deadline falling on a Monday this year, but Sunday in 2016, meaning that some receipts were recorded in August last year," she said.

She pointed out that so far, borrowing was still some 9% higher than the £20.9bn seen last year, with the OBR expecting this to worsen further

Higher borrowing that doesn't even include the figures that are propping up the banks.

Meanwhile Joe Public is at food banks and Steven Hawking says our health secretary is cherry picking his evidence in an effort to destroy the NHS.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I like how the talking head pulls out the seasonal blip line, trying to compare it to last year, when its compared to 15 years. It wouldn't be because everything is defying his and his mates predictions, would it?

I think you need to look at your beloved EU banks for high banking sector borrowing :)

If only we could use that logic on climate change, eh?

I am glad the physicist, Stephen Hawking who lives in America is suddenly an expert on the UK health service too.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Higher borrowing that doesn't even include the figures that are propping up the banks.

Meanwhile Joe Public is at food banks and Steven Hawking says our health secretary is cherry picking his evidence in an effort to destroy the NHS.

It doesn't directly have an impact on @Raven so who gives a shit?!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It impacts everyone...if the dOOOOm was real, which it isn't.

Carry on raising awareness but doing absolutely fuck all to help though :)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Seems prudent for civil service to get this in place but a bit dumb to push it to production by accident

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I'd wager it was people from Africa or the Middle East that had been given European passports.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Ginger.

Reasonable grounds for deportation.

Job

I like how the talking head pulls out the seasonal blip line, trying to compare it to last year, when its compared to 15 years. It wouldn't be because everything is defying his and his mates predictions, would it?

I think you need to look at your beloved EU banks for high banking sector borrowing :)

If only we could use that logic on climate change, eh?

I am glad the physicist, Stephen Hawking who lives in America is suddenly an expert on the UK health service too.
No idea whats going on with Hawking...I think his voicebox has been hacked by alien conspiracy lefties.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
He is perfectly entitled to an opinion, as is anyone, and he is probably right about the NHS, but its been shit for years. Nu-Labour tried throwing more and more money at it, it stayed shit but its non-clinical workforce exploded.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No idea whats going on with Hawking...
Could be that he evaluated the actual evidence of the peer reviewed papers that have been produced, as he's been doing with distinction during his whole outstanding career, and found that the health secretary has been picking-and-choosing the bits that suit his (published in a book) agenda, whilst disregarding either the bits of the reports that were inconvenient or whole reports that flatly contradict his view.

Because of these clearly almost-religious-belief, anti-evidence actions taken by the health secretary, he's felt compelled to come out and call him out on his dangerous bullshit and warn the public that the government is not acting in either the best interests of the NHS or the public's preference.

He's done it in the way he's done everything in his public life - based his argument on the evidence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom