BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Nice whataboutery, but we weren't discussing votes - we were discussing the sentiment that you hope the UK gets fucked over. The UK getting fucked over would completely muller tax receipts, which would, in turn, muller the public services you constantly witter on about.

But it gives miserable twats on t'internet the chance to say I told you so, so awesome!

Do I hope the country gets knocked off its high horse? absolutely and we've got no one else to blame but ourselves, as I said above... you can't shift that blame to anyone else, it's on the voters for allowing the tories to maintain power and thus allowing them to go on this fucking hard brexit crusade.

I don't remember seeing anything about free movement in the referendum, nor do I remember seeing anything about the government using peoples daily lives as tools when negotiating with the EU.

As for being a twat on the internet - I can happily admit that I'm a blunt twat, I already know what I am.. perhaps its people like you who think they're so superior to anyone else that needs to take a look at yourselves - swanning on like you can do no wrong and every decision you make has to be criticism free because you're always right.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Exactly... say that again very slowly to yourself

Now add the fact that the government is fucking with free movement and using peoples rights as a bargaining chip, you think the EU are honestly just going to bend over and take it? the EU could utterly screw us with trade deals among other things after we're finally out of the EU.
Both sides are using it as it is a huge bargaining chip, probably the buggest along with open trade. Germany has made many statements to the effect that they intend to ensure their citizens in the UK are not affected. Whilst at the same time not offerring a reciprical agreement. Obviosuly that is untennable, no side is going to get what it wants without any give and take. Most of these agreements just need to be made reciprical and everyone would be happy. That however would make for a short negotiation and the lawyers and eurocrats would have little else to do. Best milk the gravy train as long as possible :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Both sides are using it as it is a huge bargaining chip, probably the buggest along with open trade. Germany has made many statements to the effect that they intend to ensure their citizens in the UK are not affected. Whilst at the same time not offerring a reciprical agreement. Obviosuly that is untennable, no side is going to get what it wants without any give and take. Most of these agreements just need to be made reciprical and everyone would be happy. That however would make for a short negotiation and the lawyers and eurocrats would have little else to do. Best milk the gravy train as long as possible :)

The Germans can't offer an agreement unilaterally, any offer has to come from the EU, which means 27 countries. Given that a. Britain voted for Brexit, not the EU, and b. it would be far simpler for everyone for the UK to clearly state its position and then the EU to respond, if for no other reason than the clock is ticking and it would save a lot of time. Of course the UK doesn't really know its position, and wants to be in a position to blame the EU when it all goes titsup.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Exactly... say that again very slowly to yourself

Now add the fact that the government is fucking with free movement and using peoples rights as a bargaining chip, you think the EU are honestly just going to bend over and take it? the EU could utterly screw us with trade deals among other things after we're finally out of the EU.
You need to resd the rest of my post slowly..they are in no position to 'punish' us.
It woukd hurt them and destroy their brand.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
They have no need to punish the UK, a trade deal would be good for the EU but asking them to concede the EUs core principles is simply not going to happen

The idea that the EU needs the UK more than the other way around is part of the reason the UK is failing so hard at these negotiations and why a hard brexit looks more likely by the day

they haven't even started negotiationing things like trade, access to the upcoming EU single electricity market (currently 5-10% of UKs electricity comes from EU), Euratom, and a crap load of other international treaties that the UK is part of through the EU that would all have to be re-ratified by othee countries (ie UK has no control amd may need to make concessions to get back in the club)

Job

They are scared to discuss it, because every deal will show to the world the utter idiocy of a loyalty card protectionist trading bloc on the world stage.
Their little cosy club of trade isolates them from the world..and all the particapants have to do is sign up for a federal superstate and start taking the names of their countries off the paperwork.
EVERYONE dealing with the EU gets , in one way or another a trade deal.
If I spend 10K in plumb centre, they give me discounts, I don't need to join a trading agreement with them.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Yes because going to the shops is exactly the same as trading with countries around the world.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
He is usually wrong, so who knows.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

First of all, the only ones that talk about an "epidemic" is sverigedemokraterna which is a right wing extremist party with very deep nazi roots and average joe racists that think facts and science are witchcraft.

And yes while we have had a few high profile cases of rape and attempted rape recently the perpetrators (that was caught) have been equally Swedes and foreigners (i'm using the word foreigners deliberately because that's what they are. Muslims are NOT a majority in that category). And when it comes to children it's usually been kindergarden employees abusing their works trust which have been predominately native swedes in their 20's to mid 40's. Yes some foreigners to but again Muslims have not been a majority...

So i'm quite confident when i claim that the majority of rapes and child abuses in Sweden and done by Swedes.

No i don't have any facts or statistics to back that up and i'm not gonna spend days finding it either. This is my own opinion based on what i've read and heard in the news.

Job

Well they are official statistics from the Swedish BRA, you have to give them a bit more credence than your opinions and your take on the news, which of course is a common complaint from the right wing that the news is sanatised to prevent racial discourse.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Actually the article sources its statistics about the amount of rape from Brå but the claim that its all by refugees Islamic is not

That claim comes from avpixlat.info a website with close ties to anti-immigration right-wing groups and does not provide any official sources

Job

Where are they getting such detailed data from, just making it up?

I couldn't translate that page, so that's why I asked if its bolox or not.

Last edited:

Ormorof

FH is my second home
According to the article you linked, which references another article on same site which then references an article on avplixat which uses another avplixat article as a source you eventually get to the first article in the series wjere it states the author "contacted courts" in sweden and used the data they provided but does not want to share the data, without access to the data his story cannot be verified

For all we know he pulled it out of his arse, it seems not to have gotten much traction in sweden as the author and website have a reputation for being a platform for spewing racist nonsense, think of it as if EDL had its own online newspaper how seriously would anyone take a study of theirs where they provided no access to the data used in the study

Job

Well they could publish the real data to put it to bed.

Job

No I mean the courts..if these blatant lies are being peddled, surely official figures should put it to bed....he says...suspecting why. :)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I don't know why ppl are worried about nuclear war. It's not the end of the world

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Don't see a problem tbh. Fair point he makes.

It's not a massive deal, but you'd expect waiting staff able to speak the language of the country they're in.

Imagine the uproar if you went to a British restaurant but had to order in French...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Brexit's probably put a dampner on that as finance goes to other countries...

Nope.

It's been done to death, despite what the little people in the EU think, or hope for, English will still be the business, legal, scientific and pretty much anything else international, language of choice.

The UK could sink below the waves and that would still be the case.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's been done to death, despite what the little people in the EU think, or hope for, English will still be the business, legal, scientific and pretty much anything else international, language of choice.

The UK could sink below the waves and that would still be the case.
Don't see why. Change happens over time, other languages grow in importance. It's not even necessarily down to decline - if other countries gain in importance then people will bend over backwards to accomodate them rather than us.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Its too late for that. Nobody outside of Germany gives two shits about the German language, nobody of any use on the global stage gives two shits about French either.

People aren't going to learn them as second languages (outside learning a twee little language as a hobby) because they serve absolutely no purpose.

If you want to deal with America or China or anywhere else in Asia then you speak English, or you stand there kicking your heals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom