Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I think people are probably recovering from the fact you have a source this time. And the fact that it's behind a shitty paywall so nobody can actually read it anyway.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I think people are probably recovering from the fact you have a source this time. And the fact that it's behind a shitty paywall so nobody can actually read it anyway.
Fuck yes..forgot ive got a free years pass.

Job

It's hardly a true picture though, as an average of the bloc, Greece's 22% kinda spoils the party.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Its a bit of a misleading figure, the economies that are in trouble have far higher unemployment than that, spain has something like 40% youth unemployment its kinda nuts

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yup, but as they become closer tied, the more the fucked economies will drag down the functional ones.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
... you mean those migrants who are getting ripped off to get to the EU and dying in the sea?

Best way to do that (please note not the easiest or the cheapest) is to do as we did when accepting 20,000 refugees - we went to get them, so they didn't have to wander the desert and then risk their luck on a dinghy across the Med. Bloody expensive way of doing it mind....

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Well isn't it? More people getting a job kinda is good news even if it's below expectations..

9% is embarrassing by anyone's standards. 9% of the working population being supported by the state. Increasing the burden on the public purse, raising public borrowing (or sweeping it under the carpet) It is not sustainable.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Well the countries that have the highest unemployment in eurozone tend to have very little in the way of social protections for unemployed anyway (Germany has 3.9% unemployment for example)

Still 9% is 30 million people thats a shit ton of unemployed

Job

Best way to do that (please note not the easiest or the cheapest) is to do as we did when accepting 20,000 refugees - we went to get them, so they didn't have to wander the desert and then risk their luck on a dinghy across the Med. Bloody expensive way of doing it mind....
We got them because they were genuine refugees from the camps, not NA migrants.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
behind a shitty paywall
This. @Job fails at source again.

There's no way he can read it himself - can't see him being a torygraph subscriber - so he probably just read the headline. A bit like his Bill Gates tirade where he ignores his philanthropy and campaigning for increased foreign aid.

Job

Actually its my mothers password..she gets it free cos she has the paper delivered.

And I think we all know the truth on 'aid'

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
You hope bad things happen to the place you live in?

Nice.

You voted Tory didn't you? your vote alone basically said the same thing.

Sorry, I see how that came off - allow me to be more specific

Your vote alone said you don't give a shit about anyone below a certain pay grade in the country.

That said, anything that happens to this country at the hands of the EU we've only done it to ourselves, no one else to blame for it. Trying to play hardball with something like the EU is a fools errand with a fools reward.

Job

At the hands of the EU..give me a fucking break.
They're about to lose one of their most important countries, Poland and Hungary are in full revolt, Greece is fucked for ever.
Italy...well..Italy.
French are limbering up for Legrande strike.
For every problem you magnify out of all proportion that the UK has, the EU has three.
Just let them punish us and watch their little club pull itself apart..as soon as any punishments start hitting the pockets of the poorer countries the shit will hit the fan.
The defeatism is strong in here.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The fallout and infighting within the EU if they stopped free movement would be hilarious, imagine how Greece and Spain would take it? More little fella's shouting down German/French plans. Good stuff.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
The fallout and infighting within the EU if they stopped free movement would be hilarious, imagine how Greece and Spain would take it? More little fella's shouting down German/French plans. Good stuff.

Greece, perhaps.

Spain? I don't know, they might sacrifice their economy for Gibraltar.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Spain doesnt give a shit about gibraltar as long as its not used to dodge taxes or tariffs

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
You hope bad things happen to the place you live in?

Nice.

If free movement ends, bad things are going to happen anyway.

This is what really boils my piss about the whole thing:

Evening Standard said:
But leading Brexiteer and International Trade Secretary Liam Fox said unregulated free movement of labour after Brexit would "not keep faith" with the EU referendum result.

The referendum question didn't say anything about free movement. Neither did the Tory election manifesto. A bunch of ideological nutbars have simply highjacked the result and claim a hard Brexit is the only Brexit. People in the Tory party who actually have to look at the numbers, like Philip Hammond, are trying to row back, or at least delay, an end to free movement, but the ideologues are prevailing and no-one's calling them on it.

Free movement would solve 90% of the problems with Brexit; it would still allow independent trade deals (see Switzerland-China for example), it would fix the Irish border problem, it would give comfort to 1.2m British expats, and its being taken off the table by a bunch of xenophobic cunts.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
They're about to lose one of their most important countries

Exactly... say that again very slowly to yourself

Now add the fact that the government is fucking with free movement and using peoples rights as a bargaining chip, you think the EU are honestly just going to bend over and take it? the EU could utterly screw us with trade deals among other things after we're finally out of the EU.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
You voted Tory didn't you? your vote alone basically said the same thing.

Sorry, I see how that came off - allow me to be more specific

Your vote alone said you don't give a shit about anyone below a certain pay grade in the country.

That said, anything that happens to this country at the hands of the EU we've only done it to ourselves, no one else to blame for it. Trying to play hardball with something like the EU is a fools errand with a fools reward.

Nice whataboutery, but we weren't discussing votes - we were discussing the sentiment that you hope the UK gets fucked over. The UK getting fucked over would completely muller tax receipts, which would, in turn, muller the public services you constantly witter on about.

But it gives miserable twats on t'internet the chance to say I told you so, so awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom