DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Deep pocket, Indian-owned car maker. If it wasn't for Tata, JLR would have vanished.

Jaguar maybe; Land Rover would always have a buyer, highly profitable. Jaguar's product development has been funded by LR sales for years. In addition JLR is less exposed to the EU than most car manufacturers; biggest markets are UK, US and China, but its still going to have a lot of activity in the EU anyway (Austria).

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I think that's the point though, the headline feels a bit "british jobs, ner to brexit moaners" but Tata would put it anywhere it suited them because of the global marketplace.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Whilst it would have been lovely to do that in an ideal world, I can see a strong justification for waiting to see if the EU were going to reciprocate with all the Brits living abroad - unless what you think the NHS needs are all those retired Brits making their way back from Benidorm?

Bodhi

Using people's lives as bargaining chips.

Tories are cunts. Fact.

So they've said pretty much everyone can stay, and the EU have turned round and said no. Who's using lives as bargaining chips again?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
So they've said pretty much everyone can stay, and the EU have turned round and said no. Who's using lives as bargaining chips again?

Of course the EU aren't going to agree to that, we literally have to accept the exact same movement deal as Norway... otherwise Norway will be going to the EU and going, hang on a minute! we want what they got you cunts.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Same tired old argument Bodhi. They've not said 'pretty much everyone can stay' they've not said what conditions are attached and you keep ignoring the fact that two wrongs don't make a right.

Regardless of what the EU does the right thing to do is obvious. But we are, effectively, a cunt country. It matters not who else is a cunt.

Bodhi

Same tired old argument Bodhi. They've not said 'pretty much everyone can stay' they've not said what conditions are attached and you keep ignoring the fact that two wrongs don't make a right.

Regardless of what the EU does the right thing to do is obvious. But we are, effectively, a cunt country. It matters not who else is a cunt.

Probably the same old argument as you still haven't convinced me why it's wrong - we've at least started to reassure people they won't be sent home, any news on British expats yet?

No?

Didn't think so.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
This is about as relevant as a trailer for Love Island.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Probably the same old argument as you still haven't convinced me why it's wrong - we've at least started to reassure people they won't be sent home, any news on British expats yet?

No?

Didn't think so.
The residency rights of citizens is one of the main points that the EU brought up in April, saying that they hoped there would be a swift response from the UK. Two months later, May delivers this wishy-washy bullshit.

dysfunction

FH is my second home

They didn't say no. They said that it's a good start. Thanks for trying. You can do do better....and I'm sure if they tried a bit the Tories may come up with something a bit more comprehensive.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

No?

Didn't think so.
You did it again! What has how the EU treat ex-pats got to do with how the UK treats immigrants?

They aren't tied at the hip unless you *make* it that way.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Of course the EU aren't going to agree to that, we literally have to accept the exact same movement deal as Norway... otherwise Norway will be going to the EU and going, hang on a minute! we want what they got you cunts.

Nope. Norway (and Switzerland) accept free movement as part of EFTA. This is different; at the moment its not about movement, just existing residents.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Nope. Norway (and Switzerland) accept free movement as part of EFTA. This is different; at the moment its not about movement, just existing residents.

Yes, but it is going to apply to new residents in the long run, so if we really want to maintain access to EEA/EFTA we'd have virtually no choice in the long run because as said if they grant us special priviledges, Norway will demand the same and thus a knock on effect will take place. Hard Brexit is dead, Theresa May needs to accept that, she's already done enough damage to herself as far as respect goes.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Whilst it would have been lovely to do that in an ideal world, I can see a strong justification for waiting to see if the EU were going to reciprocate with all the Brits living abroad - unless what you think the NHS needs are all those retired Brits making their way back from Benidorm?

they come back when they need medical help anyway

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Most of the expats I know over here would much rather use the French health system.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Not the banks @Raven - they're not that bothered (barclays say it's harder to get a licence to operate in the US).

The banks employees tho? Not so happy.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I don't actually give a fuck about Harry and his nice little Kensington pad, but OK.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Who the fuck is Harry @Raven? I don't know how much you think bank staff earn but this week we lost 100 slightly above average-wagers some of whom were absolutely distraught.

It's not the fucking traders who are getting the bullet and I wouldn't give two shits if it was - if you are rich you can weather it.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
OK

100 people, a whole 100 people, omg

Maybe you should have a quick tot up of how much 100 people cost a bank.

Lets say, average wage 25k (was a while a go) 2.5 mil. Plus lets say 25% in other costs. 3.1 mil

Maybe you should be asking what your employers priorities are? Whether you are happy working for a company that would rather slash the bottom rather than the top? Maybe you are quite happy bleating on about inequality so long as you are OK?

Yeah....

You should then perhaps ask wtf it has to do with Brexit and whether or not its just another random cut in staffing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom