DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
So thats it them, the pieces fall into place for the Germans, we have to look after ourselves, a federal Europe..an EU army run by the Germans, I guess its their destiny, but at least we can say 'told you so'.

Merkel says EU cannot completely rely on US and Britain any more

Because the UK and US are making it happen! How is anything she says in that article untrue?

Trump moaning about NATO not spending enough is a campaign to shill for US arms companies; it's going to have the opposite effect. And the moaning about German trade is a bit unfortunate when you realise the best exporters of cars from the US are...German car companies.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Where in the article does it talk about a European army run by germans?

Or federalization?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
So thats it them, the pieces fall into place for the Germans, we have to look after ourselves, a federal Europe..an EU army run by the Germans, I guess its their destiny, but at least we can say 'told you so'.

Merkel says EU cannot completely rely on US and Britain any more
The US is exiting the world's stage because Putin thinks it's a good idea and Trump doesn't have a fucking clue. He played that exactly as Putin would have wanted. Sowing division, not understanding what NATO even is and refusing to defend Article 5, if he even understands it.

The US and UK used to have a moral and strategic hold over world affairs, carefully built up over decades with thought, leadership, sacrifice and vision. The short-term, blinkered attitudes of Trump and Brexit have squandered all that effort.

What's more, the seeds of the vile, self-centred, self-destructive attitude that caused this are all too clear in the Russian propaganda wave and the big-business-backed 'populist' movements pushed into the brains of the old, frustrated or naive by Cambridge Analytica and the like on the micro-targeted scale and Murdoch for the masses.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Nato was to keep the Russians out and keep the Germans down.

All that will happen is Germany will seize the chance and then display her true colours for all to see for the frickin third time in a 100 years.

Is their any reason on gods Earth why it was her place to make this statement?
Not an ounce of humility, the German chancellor becomes..yet again..the spokesperson for the EU on matters of game changing importance, just an opinion, they may say, but we all know whos in charge.

DaGaffer

Nato was to keep the Russians out and keep the Germans down.

All that will happen is Germany will seize the chance and then display her true colours for all to see for the frickin third time in a 100 years.

Is their any reason on gods Earth why it was her place to make this statement?
Not an ounce of humility, the German chancellor becomes..yet again..the spokesperson for the EU on matters of game changing importance, just an opinion, they may say, but we all know whos in charge.

Funny, I didn't see her mention she was acting as spokesperson for the EU. However, she's perfectly entitled to her opinion, and I'll say again, how is she wrong? That orange cunt is throwing 70 years of western cooperation out of the window because he's a fucking moron who can't even do basic arithmetic or read a briefing document. The EU is going to have to take responsibility for its own defence if they can't rely on the US and UK, and the reason why they've relied on the US & UK until now, is exactly what you just said, because that's what the US and UK wanted. The Americans have been perfectly happy for Europeans to rely on them for decades; more justification for bloated defence budgets and no danger of uppity Europeans getting ideas above their station. Now we're going to put the clock back and encourage the most historically warlike region of the planet to start spending real money on weapons again. Brilliant. At least the good news is they won't spend it on American kit.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Funny, I didn't see her mention she was acting as spokesperson for the EU. However, she's perfectly entitled to her opinion, and I'll say again, how is she wrong? That orange cunt is throwing 70 years of western cooperation out of the window because he's a fucking moron who can't even do basic arithmetic or read a briefing document. The EU is going to have to take responsibility for its own defence if they can't rely on the US and UK, and the reason why they've relied on the US & UK until now, is exactly what you just said, because that's what the US and UK wanted. The Americans have been perfectly happy for Europeans to rely on them for decades; more justification for bloated defence budgets and no danger of uppity Europeans getting ideas above their station. Now we're going to put the clock back and encourage the most historically warlike region of the planet to start spending real money on weapons again. Brilliant. At least the good news is they won't spend it on American kit.

I think it's fairly obvious that this is exactly what @Job wants.

Suppress the Germans, threaten the Russians.

Global cohesion is such a liberal thing, it's no longer cool.

Job

Well..apart from the fact its all political fluff and bollocks, the timing..the wording..and the total lack of a cohesive response from the EU...unless you accept Merkel IS the head of it, says everything about Germanys future plans for the Reichland.
60 years of military suppression, guilt and general distrust...and here we are listening to statements that could be straight from Hitler after WW1.

DaGaffer

Well..apart from the fact its all political fluff and bollocks, the timing..the wording..and the total lack of a cohesive response from the EU...unless you accept Merkel IS the head of it, says everything about Germanys future plans for the Reichland.
60 years of military suppression, guilt and general distrust...and here we are listening to statements that could be straight from Hitler after WW1.

What?

Job

Yes..thats exactly what all the liberals said after WW1.

Job

Thats what all the appeasers said after he built a huge army.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I have read and re read the article and still cannot wrap my head around where you got hitler vibes from what she said

Job

In the Austrian Alps...overlooking the town, surrounded by picture postcard mountains.
There is a band in the square, right now playing Sprach Zarathustra .

Its all coming together.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
In the Austrian Alps...overlooking the town, surrounded by picture postcard mountains.
There is a band in the square, right now playing Sprach Zarathustra .

Its all coming together.
If you believe that maybe you regret voting for brexit then?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
tss Scouse, as if Job would ever let reality change any of his beliefs :eek:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The lizard people did it.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I think it should read "Agrees to continue paying, seeing as we are still in the EU (Up until sometime never, who fucking knows these days...) our fair share.

I don't see why it's an issue really...

DaGaffer

I think it should read "Agrees to continue paying, seeing as we are still in the EU (Up until sometime never, who fucking knows these days...) our fair share.

I don't see why it's an issue really...

If it wasn't for the tory tabloids it wouldn't be. In real terms even if it was £100bn it would be peanuts in real terms because it would paid over years or decades. Like most things Brexit-related, if British politicians and media both had an ounce of common sense and shut the fuck up for five minutes, things would be a lot easier to manage.

Job

As I've said before, a breakdown of these charges would be fucking hilarious.
People on all sides would be like 'wtf'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom