Wij

I am a FH squatter
This post truth is such bolocks.

It's like every generation of Uni students finding out about the world.

It has been post truth since stick insects.
Cutting-edge insight again.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Top tip.

Pretty much exactly as they were in 2010.

Whatever you earn in your life will be used to pay for a nursing home. Then you will die.

Embattle

FH is my second home
It is understandable a lot of remainers like leavers just want it done and dusted, the longer it drags on the less certainty about what we do next.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I would put myself in the category of "it's a terrible decision but what's done is done, there's no turning back". I've accepted that it's happening but I have precisely zero faith in this government to deliver anything even close to a "good" Brexit. That being said, to turn back now (or to *try* to turn back, I don't know if it's even possible to reverse Article 50 once it's been invoked) would be suicidal on many levels.
Top tip.

Pretty much exactly as they were in 2010.

Whatever you earn in your life will be used to pay for a nursing home. Then you will die.
Top tip. That's not a top tip; it's your guess based on precisely fuck-all evidence.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Oh, so what you are essentially saying is that they don't force you to sell stuff to pay for care? I wish someone had told my granddad that before he went into a home for 3 years.

Or maybe you are just wrong, again.

Oops

Yep. You just can't help being a fuckwit.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
How do they stop you selling it for a quid..then the person giving the full amount to your relatives after you've gone.
Laws I guess :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Oh, so what you are essentially saying is that they don't force you to sell stuff to pay for care? I wish someone had told my granddad that before he went into a home for 3 years.

Or maybe you are just wrong, again.

Oops

Yep. You just can't help being a fuckwit.
You said "things" will be the same in 2020 as they were in 2010. You're ignoring a lot of shit that happens between when someone starts earning and when they move in to a care home (if it happens). Taxes, exchange/interest rates, cost of living, etc. All things that are out of your control and that could be massively different after Brexit and have a massive effect on day-to-day life for literally millions of people. But yeah, "things" will definitely be the same as they were in 2010.

I question your bullshit "forecast" and you call me a fuckwit. What in the fuck is wrong with you.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
How do they stop you selling it for a quid..then the person giving the full amount to your relatives after you've gone.
Laws I guess :)

You can give it away early, pay tax on it.
Whatever you have left after you have paid for your own care (despite spending 40+ years paying tax and national insurance) then gets taxed again.

It stops money from sitting with the plebs, the only people that get out of it are the rich. But that's just fine, apparently.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You said "things" will be the same in 2020 as they were in 2010. You're ignoring a lot of shit that happens between when someone starts earning and when they move in to a care home (if it happens). Taxes, exchange/interest rates, cost of living, etc. All things that are out of your control and that could be massively different after Brexit and have a massive effect on day-to-day life for literally millions of people. But yeah, "things" will definitely be the same as they were in 2010.

I question your bullshit "forecast" and you call me a fuckwit. What in the fuck is wrong with you.

Things can mean a couple of things, or lots of things. English is wonderful like that. I mean, I could list an infinite amount of "things" that will remain the same and an infinite amount of things that won't...but that would be pretty dull to both write, as it would take and infinite amount of time, andagain, it would take an infinite amount of time to read.

Other than that, everyone is essentially a serf.

My point(s) still stand, you sell your stuff to pay for your care meaning whatever you spend your life accruing ends up back into the hands of the government and the rich, as was the case 10 years ago, as will the case remain in 10 years. The other, later point, that you aren't very bright, also remains.

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Last edited:

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Things can mean a couple of things, or lots of things. English is wonderful like that. I mean, I could list an infinite amount of "things" that will remain the same and an infinite amount of things that won't...but that would be pretty dull to both write, as it would take and infinite amount of time, andagain, it would take an infinite amount of time to read.
Cool, so you just explained why you can't authoritatively say that "things" will or won't be the same. Luckily you didn't claim that things would be the same a few posts earlier because that would make you look a bit silly.

Job

You're missing the point.
By letting out such a stark observation, the very idea of the EU becomes a joke, either world trade is free for all or it is not.
The EU want a club where outsiders pay more to trade....that is just simply ridiculous, just utterly untenable ...so are they saying we shall get a worse deal than the rest of the world because we left.
Or does everyone get a bad a deal as us outside the EU.
Actually..all this fucking bullshit is irrelevant, we will get the deal our economic power dictates...which is a very good one.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
You're missing the point.
By letting out such a stark observation, the very idea of the EU becomes a joke, either world trade is free for all or it is not.
The EU want a club where outsiders pay more to trade....that is just simply ridiculous, just utterly untenable ...so are they saying we shall get a worse deal than the rest of the world because we left.
Or does everyone get a bad a deal as us outside the EU.
Actually..all this fucking bullshit is irrelevant, we will get the deal our economic power dictates...which is a very good one.

Answer: it is not. Even within the EU free trade isn't completely free; there are still plenty of caveats and restrictions, just a lot fewer than if you're outside and don't have a free trade agreement. The EU are - quite rightly - pointing out that once the UK leaves, it has to have a worse deal...but you missed off a bit...absent a follow-on trade agreement. The UK may have a deal with the EU once the divorce is settled, but, even if they get a deal as good as say, Canada's, that's still not going to be as good as being inside the EU, just like Canada. The only way the UK can get as good a deal as being in the EU is by accepting freedom of movement and doing an EFTA type deal, but the Tories (not the referendum result, the Tories) have taken that off the table.

This has been explained to you repeatedly. Why aren't you getting this blindly obvious logic?

Job

But it's all mute on a global scale..oh Europe has a special club, and you can only get cheap deals by paying in, well what about China..could they join?
Or are they going to get better deals than us, because if they are the same as ours and the EU is telling the world ours isn't as good because we were naughty, well that's not going to work is it.
The EU is fucked, they can't be seen to punish non EU trading partners, but they can' let us walk away without paying.
The only alternative is to keep us in some badboy limbo.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
But it's all mute on a global scale..oh Europe has a special club, and you can only get cheap deals by paying in, well what about China..could they join?
Or are they going to get better deals than us, because if they are the same as ours and the EU is telling the world ours isn't as good because we were naughty, well that's not going to work is it.
The EU is fucked, they can't be seen to punish non EU trading partners, but they can' let us walk away without paying.
The only alternative is to keep us in some badboy limbo.

Its like talking to someone with brain damage. Yes, China may get a better trade deal than the UK because they have more to offer the EU than the UK. They don't have to "join" anything; they just get a better trade deal. Trade is apparently that's all the UK wants from the EU, so they'll be treated on that basis, and compared to other nations on that basis. In the EU "club" that isn't the case, but apparently you have a problem with that idea as well.

And it's "moot". Em Oh Oh Tee.

Job

Its like talking to someone with brain damage. Yes, China may get a better trade deal than the UK because they have more to offer the EU than the UK. They don't have to "join" anything; they just get a better trade deal. Trade is apparently that's all the UK wants from the EU, so they'll be treated on that basis, and compared to other nations on that basis. In the EU "club" that isn't the case, but apparently you have a problem with that idea as well.

And it's "moot". Em Oh Oh Tee.
And there it is...they dont need to join jack shit and nor do we.
Our deals ..as Ive said...will reflect our economic might, the very idea they would restrict anything to make an example of us is beyond laughable.
These talks will simply put the idiocy of their club on the table.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
If the deals reflect the economic might of the UK then we're even more fucked than I thought. :(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If the deals reflect the economic might of the UK then we're even more fucked than I thought. :(
Yeah, what does a service country export when all we've got is banking for Europe, which can be done by, er, Europe?

Job

The reasons the financial world stick to London is only going to be strengthened by brexit.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The reasons the financial world stick to London is only going to be strengthened by brexit.
The financial 'world' doesn't stick by london. London acts for Europe. And without passporting, which we lose on Brexit, we're all but dead in the water.

That's why banks, including the one I work in, are shedding UK staff and purchasing properties / investing in European facilities.

Again, as has been told to you fucking countless times.

Job

On another note..was talking to my helicopter owning mate, he exports medical equipment to the EU, has done for years, fucking hates them, worst export market imaginable he moans.
Seems as from July his entire business is over in the EU because the equipment has lead in the solder of the control panels, violating recycling and disposal legislation.
The entire network of equipment in hospitals all over Europe can now not be fixed because the EU will not allow him to send over parts that have mandatory service/replacement schedules.
The hospitals are horrified, the doctors have taken the EU to court.
The companies who make the parts aren't interested in rejigging to lead free solder.
Hes now having to buy back the machines and sell them to India..in fact the EU is the only market in the world with such strict recycling rules.

Job

The financial 'world' doesn't stick by london. London acts for Europe. And without passporting, which we lose on Brexit, we're all but dead in the water.

That's why banks, including the one I work in, are shedding UK staff and purchasing properties / investing in European facilities.

Again, as has been told to you fucking countless times.
They dont stick to London..they just let London do it....hmmmm.

We shall see.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Seems as from July his entire business is over in the EU because the equipment has lead in the solder of the control panels, violating recycling and disposal legislation.
Good on the EU. :clap:

The companies who make the parts aren't interested in rejigging to lead free solder.
Bet they're selling better, safer, more environmentally friendly parts to the EU though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom