Ormorof

FH is my second home
Netherlands is only the 6th largest economy in EU, both Italy and Spain are larger

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
But ridden hard by debt...essentially owned by the EU. Both have crazy unemployment so social costs are unaffordable so are stuck in a cycle of borrowing ever larger amounts to slow the inevitable total social collapse.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I rely on intent, bias, peer pressure and just simply drawing out the claim to its conclusion to decide if the 'expert' is bending the truth to fit an agenda..

This is likely why you're wrong 99.998% of the time.

TdC

Nobody gives a shit about the economic output of...
I work for a multinational financial institution and forgive me for saying but several really volumous shits are given, quite often. Stick your head in the sand all you want.

TdC

Both have crazy unemployment so social costs are unaffordable so are stuck in a cycle of borrowing ever larger amounts to slow the inevitable total social collapse.

What what what? NL is doing perfectly awesome, thanks. Facts plx.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
He meant Spain and Italy I think, although sometimes it's hard to tell.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I work for a multinational financial institution and forgive me for saying but several really volumous shits are given, quite often. Stick your head in the sand all you want.

I work for a multinational company (fucking weirdo Dutch too, tyvm) too, you can't sell shit to a country that has no money.

TdC

I'm full of beer. And stolen Barolo. and nachos. And beer.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Britain has just served papers of intent to the EU...probably the greatest thing we have done for Europe since declaring war on Hitler...was that us?
Oh yes, I remember now, getting lectures on peace, unity and shit from the converted...how refreshing.
It's not about the money, and anyone who tells you it is has allready sold their soul to capitalism.
To afraid to live their lives..sell it to the EU for 15 billion a year.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What do you actually want for Britain then @Job. What will we do that will make real and discernible difference to our lives that we can't get in the EU?

I mean, you're all about what you don't like about the EU. I get that. What do you actually want?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I want local rule. Laws made by pur gov for pur people. Not enforced from brussels. I want our judiciary to be sovereign not the european supreme court. I want to set our own path. Not that of a europe that has never thought us part of it unless we rescued them from germany.

Job

It's want I don't want obviously.
An economic trading block, that now wants it's own army controlled from an office block in Brussels, they've got a flag, an anthem, they enslave countries, install politicians, they design our laws, fine us for breaking them, we have their emblem on our number plates, now they even want it on our sports shirts.
The absolute corruption of power is being played out in front of us, every step seems reasonable on the road to hell.
No matter how sensible their laws..no matter how useful their little protectionist trading bubble is..
We had to leave and so does everyone else, because it's a sham that is held together by threat.

Job

It's want I don't want obviously.
An economic trading block, that now wants it's own army controlled from an office block in Brussels, they've got a flag, an anthem, have set to work socially engineering Europe against the wishes of it's people, they enslave countries, install politicians, they design our laws, fine us for breaking them, we have their emblem on our number plates, now they even want it on our sports shirts.
The absolute corruption of power is being played out in front of us, every step seems reasonable on the road to hell.
No matter how sensible their laws..no matter how useful their little protectionist trading bubble is..
We had to leave and so does everyone else, because it's a sham that is held together by threat.
A small towns worth of clerks and pseudo officials have brought Europe to it's knees while trying to make it fly, they have handed the extreme right victory after victory through narrow minded self indulgement, the sweeping aside of individual thought for the better good.
Well that went well didn't it, the only really good thing the EU has done is light a spark under nationalism, exactly what they were trying to contain.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You were typing mostly crap, twice.

Anyway. A second legal challenge against the government has been raised by a guy who voted leave.

Parliament, not government, took us into the treaty and so parliament, not government, must decide if and when we leave. I voted to leave the EU but parliament did not intend the referendum to cover the issue of membership of the EEA. The government should stop seeking to stretch the mandate to leave the EU to cover things parliament did not intend the referendum to cover.

The referendum was on membership of the EU, not the EEA, nor of [the European Court of Human Rights]. It was not an opinion poll on immigration. I want nothing less than Brexit. But anything more than Brexit is for parliament to permit. The government has a mandate, not a blank cheque. We are a parliamentary democracy, not an elected dictatorship.

Nuanced argument. With a real point on the referendum.

@Deebs - I kinda agree with this guy's argument. He also addresses your point:

Yalland said that a hard Brexit would risk detaching Scotland from the United Kingdom. He added: “An independent Scotland may be unlikely to join the EU, but it is a credible candidate for EFTA membership – which would give it full membership of the single market.”

Wouldn't that be a more balanced solution to the problem? Where people get some although not all of what they wanted? In the context of a 52-48% split a solution that keeps the UK together and fulfills *some* of the wants of all the population rather than all of the wants of just half of it?

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yeah. Saw that. I guess if the govt. drag their feet on the method of exit then it's either going to be challengeable or not.

Either way - leave voter who wants EEA access. First time I've seen a bit of nuance in the argument, which is polarised and a little bit UKIP. Doesn't mean we can't still discuss that as an option either.

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Howdo :) I'm good ta, better than the UK though :/

You?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
All good but for being surrounded by 52% of definitely racist bigots ;)

Job

But still he turns up everyday to sell his wares.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Yeah. Saw that. I guess if the govt. drag their feet on the method of exit then it's either going to be challengeable or not.

Either way - leave voter who wants EEA access. First time I've seen a bit of nuance in the argument, which is polarised and a little bit UKIP. Doesn't mean we can't still discuss that as an option either.

So the Norway option, which I'm pretty sure I raised before the Referendum but was told it was a shit idea.

So the first nuance you agree with at this point in time then. Cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom