Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
DO NOT QUESTION THE EXPERTS!

How fucking dare you!?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
What frickin bullshit..numeracy skillz..what frickin year is it?
Everythings automated..oh hang hold back the job..little desmond here is struggling with 3 x 4.5.
Give him a calculator.
Numeracy skills..I ask you.

Job

Which of course is most of the other people in that thread.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Or maybe they are not as full of spite as the EU and understand that continued open trade is for the best all round.

There are about to be a lot of German countries crying if the EU carry on the way they are going, nobody cares about France.

Job

There are far greater forces at play on the global scale than some arguments about trading blocks..any upcoming disaster will have fuck all to do with brexit, and being at the imaginary front of an imaginary queue is just bullshit.
Deals are profit based, not jobs for your mates.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
UK in 'front seat' for US trade deal, top Republican says - BBC News

Brexiters and Trumperineros will see this as a victory for the common man.

I see this as a victory for backwards inward looking nationalism cosying up to each other because their backward views are the same, it's nothing less.

Would Obama have said the same thing? If your answer is no then my point stands.

Well no, he didn't, as if you remember he came up with the whole "back of the queue" nonsense that had clearly been written for him.

However, I really doubt this has anything to do with inward looking nationalism or anything else, but more to do with the below:

The UK trade and investment relationship with the United States of America - Office for National Statistics

In relation to trade in goods and services in 2015, the USA stands as the UK’s largest export partner and second-largest import partner

The USA stands as the UK’s largest single inward and outward investor in terms of foreign direct investment positions in 2014

So hardly surprising they want to arrange a FTA with one of their bigest trading partners.

Job

We are also entwined in US security, spy network, weapons systems..
Leaving the EU is irrelevant, we spy on Europe 24/7 for the Americans anyway.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Looks like Theresa May want a complete brexit if that leaked speach is true.

Job

Soundbite...they will just rename everything, decide what's best for the rich and repackage the entire EU as a new start for Britain, while slowly letting everything back in through the back door.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Our system of government is designed to do that, whether we are in the EU or not does not effect that.

Job

My favourite gig of turning the UK into an offshore tax haven is gaining ground...the EU will be spitting feathers at that one...because they are stuck with their own rules.
All mute really , when the the robots come.
We should make the UK a giant server for running AI..very cheap..no questions asked.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Wow you seem more incoherent than usual Job. What do you mean this time?

dysfunction

FH is my second home
There was a suggestion that the U
Our system of government is designed to do that, whether we are in the EU or not does not effect that.

Well things like becoming a Tax Haven just accelerate that sort of thing...

Job

Got to lsugh at this quote from chancellor Hammonds speech with reference to AI and robotics.

'On the positive side, many of the new disruptive technologies are being developed in the UK.

Well fuck you too.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Got to lsugh at this quote from chancellor Hammonds speech with reference to AI and robotics.

'On the positive side, many of the new disruptive technologies are being developed in the UK.

Well fuck you too.
What? You a luddite? Gonna smash your looms?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Been thousands laid off in UAE, mainly Petrochem, building and aviation. Budget issues with oil price are blamed. Can imagine there will be a knock on effect in Europe etc.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Anyway, another 200 jobs gone at HSBC today and Citigroup's off apparently...

Thats all due to the Financial Services passporting between the UK and Europe.
If we have the "Hard Brexit" May is after then many financial services companies will need to either move or setup an office in the EU.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Thats all due to the Financial Services passporting between the UK and Europe.
If we have the "Hard Brexit" May is after then many financial services companies will need to either move or setup an office in the EU.
Yip. Pretty much it.

Good thing our entire economy isn't based around financial services eh?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Errr, finance makes up a *tiny* percentage of the UK's exports...

netexports.jpg

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Agree with waffling on for 15 minutes without actually saying anything constructive?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom