Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
ofc it reduces its significance, as everyone with more than half a braincell said at the time, it was never claimed as the official company line, just some office junior's back of the fag packet maths. ofc it was jumped upon immediately by remoaners after all, it came from the mouth of "experts" ...apparently.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
So they've done a good thing, this EU lot have?

Fuck it can I change my vote? I'm sold.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
ofc it reduces its significance, as everyone with more than half a braincell said at the time, it was never claimed as the official company line, just some office junior's back of the fag packet maths. ofc it was jumped upon immediately by remoaners after all, it came from the mouth of "experts" ...apparently.
Everyone and their dog knew it wasn't Deloitte's view but if you don't think it's at all significant that such a memo is being sent around internally at the world's biggest financial services company then I'm not sure what to tell you. It might not be their view but it was the view of one of their employees (a partner no less who had been with the company for 10 years). Sorry that that goes against your "office junior" narrative.
So they've done a good thing, this EU lot have?

Fuck it can I change my vote? I'm sold.
Hilarious sarcasm aside, it's not exactly an insignificant good thing though, is it?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Everyone and their dog knew it wasn't Deloitte's view but if you don't think it's at all significant that such a memo is being sent around internally at the world's biggest financial services company then I'm not sure what to tell you. It might not be their view but it was the view of one of their employees (a partner no less who had been with the company for 10 years). Sorry that that goes against your "office junior" narrative.

Hilarious sarcasm aside, it's not exactly an insignificant good thing though, is it?

I work for the worlds biggest company in our field, all sorts of shit gets sent round internally that does in no way shape or form represent company view or strategy. That is how companies generally work behind the scenes, if every internal memo that goes straight to the recycle bin was classed as relevant, we would grind to a halt... I doubt its much different in any other company, in any other field. Not only that but there is no story behind the note, it could have been a joke between colleagues for all we know. You claim it was a partner? Care to provide a source? As far as I know they haven't been named...

It a symptom of the echo chamber, nothing at all going on today so lets latch on to some inane news story about some nothing event, hang the facts! The sad thing is, the people who just take in what they are told without questioning it, fall for it then go on and on about it endlessly. The dangers of being told what to think.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Deloitte agrees not to bid for Government contracts after leaked Brexit memo row
The memo, which was written on on November 7 by Keith Leslie, a partner at Deloitte
You discounting the source in 3... 2... 1...
The dangers of being told what to think.
Fucking lol. You cannot be for real. We're in this mess because of exactly that. "No more immigrants", "no more EU contributions", "no more EU dictating our laws", it was all just sound bites put out to rile up voters. And guess what, David Davis came out just a few weeks ago and said that the Government would be willing to make contributions to the EU to retain access to the single market. And... oh... it seems as if free movement of people is going to be part of it as well. And, if it hadn't been for the EU, the Government's bill for data retention laws would've sailed through unchallenged. That last one is something to look forward to post-Brexit, isn't it?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
There you go, still attached to one or two issues that are completely and utterly meaningless now, let alone factually correct. Carry on though, because its really important! We must raise awareness! I hadn't read anything that named him, hence my question. Frankly it was a non-stroy from the very start. I only posted the conclusion so that some of our more hysterical members could have some closure.

So the partners at Deloitte are actually retarded then, thanks for pointing that out. 30,000 government staff to deal with Brexit? lol - What the fuck would they do all day? So now that it has been established that a "senior partner" at deloitte is officially clueless, does that still make him an expert? an ex-expert, a post-expert? Its all so very confusing as to who's opinion should be taken as gospel! Is everything they say correct up until the point the get outed as an idiot? Or convicted for fraud? Some point before? After?

Last edited:

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

Strange, I don't recall them having an issue when France proposed a similar thing last year?

France approves 'Big Brother' surveillance powers despite UN concern

Don't get me wrong I am no fan at all of invasive Government surveillance (in fact it goes against pretty much everything I believe in), I'm just intrigued by the double standards employed by our friends in Brussels.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The EU are just showing their hand, that of a petulant child.

Its stupid fucking law but I won't be showing gratitude to the EU for it being delayed, it doesn't outweigh all the bullshit that goes the other way.

Anyway, the Italians are bailing out their banks now, not long until they collapse and take the euro with them.

Good times.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Strange, I don't recall them having an issue when France proposed a similar thing last year?

France approves 'Big Brother' surveillance powers despite UN concern

Don't get me wrong I am no fan at all of invasive Government surveillance (in fact it goes against pretty much everything I believe in), I'm just intrigued by the double standards employed by our friends in Brussels.
I agree but they aren't the same thing. The French one gives the agencies powers to hack specific targets and whatnot without permission from a judge (which is bad in its own right) and the UK one is centred around long-term retention of everybody's data, which is not only ludicrous from a privacy standpoint but very wasteful and incredibly expensive to implement.
Its stupid fucking law but I won't be showing gratitude to the EU for it being delayed, it doesn't outweigh all the bullshit that goes the other way.
Curvy bananas lolol! I'd like a list of awful laws that the EU imposes upon the UK please, with your objections to each one.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Except it isn't really data though, is it? Just usage. Most of which is kept in the short term anyway and is already accessible by the police, spooks or whoever.

Its a slippery slope but in itself it's not actually that important.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Except it isn't really data though, is it? Just usage. Most of which is kept in the short term anyway and is already accessible by the police, spooks or whoever.

Its a slippery slope but in itself it's not actually that important.
You don't think usage data is data...?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yes, that is exactly what I think...yeah, obviously. Its not data as in content, just plain old usage data. But you know that is what you meant.

Nice attempt at deflection though.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It's a ruling about a data retention bill. They're not going to be storing unicorns. Data is data is data, it doesn't matter if it's the date, time and source/destination phone numbers of a conversation (I mean... I would've thought that it's fairly obvious that they're not going to record all of everybody's phone conversations... right?), this will be them storing information (or them demanding that companies store information) for longer that they've no right to store about people who have no reason to be watched or to feel like they're being watched.

Like you say it's a slippery slope, so how about we don't get on it in the first place? Because, without the EU intervening, the UK would already be beginning its descent and I wouldn't be surprised if it's one of the first bits of legislation that gets passed post-Brexit (assuming they don't somehow manage to complete fuck up the negotiations and end up being bound by EU law as well as having to pay contributions and allow free movement of people and let's not write that off yet).

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The snoopers law has been in place for years..BT..who I worked for as a top level data manager, kept all call records for two years....plus, telephone exchanges are built around spying on you.
The first thing every digital exchange does when you ask for dial tone, is to check to see if the government wants to spy on you.
The very first parameter of the code..if there is a 4 in line, then your call is routed to spy hq.
Even my top level access, couldn't get me any further than that, it just routed out on dedicated ccts and all records were blank.
That came in around the mid 90s.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Its not data as in content, just plain old usage data.

You'd be surprised what a data science trained analyst can do with your plain old usage data Raven me old mucker.

Job

Whats wrong with source, its all over the papers anyway..it happened as reported.

Job

Shouting Nazi slogans, you don't get a 300 strong mob together that quick without a widespread anti islam feeling.
Also riots spread to nearby town, complete with fuck Islam graffiti on shops.

Job

Polish man attacks immigrants, gets stabbed, mob burns down business.
Man gains power in Germany, invades Europe, kills 6 million jews..nothing to see here.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Shouting Nazi slogans, you don't get a 300 strong mob together that quick without a widespread anti islam feeling.
True. There's a lot of idiots about. I wouldn't be surprised if the mob was already ready to go, just looking for an excuse and one of the neo-nazi's went to provoke the immigrants, mob gets excuse to be themselves. BNP used to pull that shit all the time - had first-hand experience of it in Bradford.

Funny that there's no islamic flash-mobs turning over the houses of neo-nazi's eh? Makes you wonder which sub-group is the bigger problem doesn't it @Job.

I mean neo-nazi's and nationalists are clearly the problem here, not the immigrants. Agree @Job?

Edit: Oh you agree!
Man gains power in Germany, invades Europe, kills 6 million jews..nothing to see here.
Funny that your posting focusses on immigrants rather than the far right as being the problem though.

It's almost as if you've got motives you'd be made to feel ashamed of if you could just say what you thought openly...

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

Nazis took advantage of a situation and blew it out of the water and people nodded and agreed for the most part, until it went full whack and people responded with 'wtf this is a bit far guys' by which point was too late.

As Scouse says, who is the problem here? The far right, or the immigrants?

This is why the correct procedure is to stay at home and allow the authorities to take the necessary approaches and to be dealt with a case-by-case approach rather than just blanket targeting all non-white people and saying that they're an issue.

I find that Poles in particular are very contradictory people, they've voted in a right-wing Government whilst having the views which you have posted, which is another thing - the xenophobic approach isn't a new thing in Poland, they've -always- disliked immigrants really, I put that down to the fact that they're in a shit economic situation whilst the rest of Europe is in a better economic situation. The reason why I find them contradictory in this point is because they're happy to emigrate across Europe, but then they vote for such parties which are staunchly anti-Europe, but they don't do much about it because the parties actually understand they benefit from Europe and outside European migration in general.

They also treat non-white people in a similar fashion to mentioned before, whilst bleating on about the holocaust, and as you have even stated yourself, isn't that a bit ironic?

The reason why I think you should be careful with such sources is because;

For over five decades now The Jewish Press has championed Torah values and ideals from a centrist or Modern Orthodox perspective. The paper has been a tireless advocate on behalf of the State of Israel, Soviet Jewry, and agunot (women whose husbands refuse to grant them a religious divorce), and has taken the lead in urging a greater communal openness in addressing domestic violence and other social ills.

The anti-Islam sentiment is largely evident.

Job

True. There's a lot of idiots about. I wouldn't be surprised if the mob was already ready to go, just looking for an excuse and one of the neo-nazi's went to provoke the immigrants, mob gets excuse to be themselves. BNP used to pull that shit all the time - had first-hand experience of it in Bradford.

Funny that there's no islamic flash-mobs turning over the houses of neo-nazi's eh? Makes you wonder which sub-group is the bigger problem doesn't it @Job.

I mean neo-nazi's and nationalists are clearly the problem here, not the immigrants. Agree @Job?

Edit: Oh you agree!

Funny that your posting focusses on immigrants rather than the far right as being the problem though.

It's almost as if you've got motives you'd be made to feel ashamed of if you could just say what you thought openly...
I think you're projecting your bias onto me.
As is the culture these days, reporting unrest is the same as supporting it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Blatant lie there Job. The common thread of your posting history on this subject is clear for all to see.

Gwadien

I think you're projecting your bias onto me.
As is the culture these days, reporting unrest is the same as supporting it.

No, you're not objective.

So would you say that the Daily Mail or the Guardian are completely objective because they simply report matters?

Gwadien

So @Job are you finally going to admit you're willing what you're posting or are you going to stop regurgitating polarising and inflammatory information?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You are both talking bollocks.

Resolved.

Job

Jesus fuk, I just linked the top google result, the website that you disregard posted the story with no edited bias.
But still you base your entire attack on my intentions on something that wasn't even there.
Concerns of mass immigration, politicians turning out right wing rhetoric, and I point out the concern of Nazi themed mob attacking businesses after a murder, is not a story?
I think thats exactly how Hitler took over Europe, pseudo intellectuals shooting the messenger.
You seem to think I'm wishing for disaster, I'm merely pointing out the signs that lead to these things and because it tends to be the right wing press that reports them, they are dismissed , were did the last anti muslim surge go in Europe...oh yeah..the Serbian war..clear as a bell the build up...ignored by all.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom