Skullbreaker (29 crush) > Amy slash (29 slash)???

G

Graknak

Does Skullbreaker beat Amethyst slash if looking at dmg? (not considering Skullbreaker chains of block and Amy is anytime)

oh btw Skullbreaker =
Low Fatigue, High Damage, High Attack Bonus, Low Defense Penalty, Use after You block

Amethyst slash =
Medium Fatigue, Medium Damage, Very High Attack Bonus

O

old.mattshanes

Amethyst slash.... good for pve, shit for rvr.

Skullbreaker probably would be better in rvr due to the armour tables and maybe even in pve as crush isn't resisted much, also the damage should be higher since it's a reactional.

G

Graknak

so a pally with 50 shield, 48 chants, 34 crush and 4 parry would be good? (thats autotrain chants till 48)

was going for 50shield, +4 from rr5, +11 from items and MoB 3 asap to get 83 shield

O

old.Bubble

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
Amethyst slash.... good for pve, shit for rvr.

Skullbreaker probably would be better in rvr due to the armour tables and maybe even in pve as crush isn't resisted much, also the damage should be higher since it's a reactional.

its a good anytime style with a High to hit bonus that starts a chain to a better style with a very high to hit bonus.

Amethyst is great

G

Graknak

but if taken into mind i won't get diamondslash with my pally, would crush > slash then?

T

thegreatest

Riposte (lvl 18 slash) >>>> Skullbreaker (imo)

so why going crush for the skullbreaker style if you can get a better style at 18 slash? The amy slash is then just a bonus (anytimer) imo..

18 Riposte

Dam: + High
Attack: + Medium
Defense: + Medium
Fatigue: Low
Opening: You block

I always use riposte as much as I can, very high damage (almost as much high as amy slash or sometimes even higher) for a very very low endu cost. + Riposte has a nice chain that stuns:

34 Befuddler

Effect: Stunned
Damage: + Medium
Attack: + Medium
Defense:
Fatigue: Medium
Opening: [*] Riposte

O

old.mattshanes

Originally posted by old.Bubble
its a good anytime style with a High to hit bonus that starts a chain to a better style with a very high to hit bonus.

Amethyst is great

Positionals and reactionaries would hit cap damage in rvr or mostly likely near it.Anytimes will not.

But for pve it's good due to that large to hit bonus.

G

Graknak

so crush bad for pve but good for rvr and slash good for pve but no so good for rvr?

O

old.mattshanes

Originally posted by Graknak
so crush bad for pve but good for rvr and slash good for pve but no so good for rvr?

Crush is good for pve and so is slash.

Slash has become real bad for rvr(resist wise) and looking at armour tables it's the worst overall although it can hurt hibs more but we have more mids than hibs so....

I would go 39 crush if i did that pala spec due to having not to bad weaponskill which will result in me being parried/evaded and blocked less.

O

old.mattshanes

Ask yussef about that, he's a sara using a str based weapon o_O

H

Heffer

do not ned 50shield, tbh difference between 42 and 50 isnt very noticeable!

with a pally its always good to have a decent anytime due to twisting kills end and have to wait for it to regen inbetween twists to use that end for styles so reactive styles arent always good, but it is a bitch in rvr and also doesnt matter much cause pallies mostly use slam which is crush dmg anyway!

G

Graknak

a friend of mine noticed the diff between 42 and 50 very much when being buffed though

D

Danya

Originally posted by old.Bubble

Amethyst is great
Both Amethyst and Diamond Slash are very high to-hit.

I

ilum

I would suggest 50 shield for a group-friendly Paladin who autotrained slash and chants. It's by far the most useful way to invest spec points - if you want to increase your group efficiency.

It means you'll have the same spec that I have with 5 less slash (not really noticable) and 50 shield, giving you _the_ most uber after-block style. To be honest, when you got Brutalize I think you care sod all whether Riposte, Beartooth or Skullbreaker pwns :)

How it effects your guard I'm not sure about - maybe some Armsmen who have tried both 50/50/28 s/s spec and hybrid spec with 42 shield can shed some light on this?

Originally posted by Heffer
do not ned 50shield, tbh difference between 42 and 50 isnt very noticeable!

with a pally its always good to have a decent anytime due to twisting kills end and have to wait for it to regen inbetween twists to use that end for styles so reactive styles arent always good, but it is a bitch in rvr and also doesnt matter much cause pallies mostly use slam which is crush dmg anyway!

G

Graknak

i agree on that Brutalize ain't called Brutalize for nothing. Heard slam can do upto 400dmg on most ppl, i wonder for how much brutalize does since anytimes don't cap that easilly... either way i think i'm better off going crush then, just for the fact that it's harder to get slash drops in sidi and that i just can because i'm autotraining chants till 48 ^^

G

Graknak

however thrust would have a better weaponskill since being saracen with +10str/con/dex from the start
skullbreaker does have a defence penalty but that shouldn't affect my chance to block, right?

O

old.mattshanes

Originally posted by Graknak
however thrust would have a better weaponskill since being saracen with +10str/con/dex from the start
skullbreaker does have a defence penalty but that shouldn't affect my chance to block, right?

No matter what race, using a str based weapon on a sara compared to highlander at lv50 is like 50 weaponskill difference, same with highlander using thrust compared to a sara using thrust, weaponskill again be around 50 difference, maybe less sometimes.(at least i know it's this case for mercs, i been all 3 melee types, thrust did best damage but didn't have best styles, still was the best and i had 1300s weaponskill compared to 1364 slash so...)

Defence penalty only makes their chance to hit you more greater, like 20% more chance to hit if medium defence penalty.Bare in mind though most thrust styles chain off evade and a merc/arms has other styles to use to make thrust more viable to them.

G

Graknak

how do i know how much weaponskill is good or bad then? and at what weaponskill my chance to hit or mis a target is?

G

Graknak

and btw shouldn't crush be better dmg for RvR anyway? it's neutral or better to all enemies xcept for Scale users...

O

old.mattshanes

Pala at 50 probably will have around 1k(hybrid ws)

Crush is good damage in rvr yeah, but only on druids or hib tanks you will get resists.

Thrust though, in group based rvr savage will be only target that resists since no one plays zerk now hardly and disease makes you lose only 50-100 weaponskill whereas str based weap it's around 300.

If you going 50 shield you will not be too bothered about weapon type since you be guarding more than attacking with your other tanks.I would go crush or slash as a pala since you can't make good use of thrust styles(i.e do not have dw/pole arm styles to make it more better)

G

Graknak

i'll follow yer advice oh great Mattshanes :p

Wasn't sure if thrust would be good for thr wepskill, but indeed thrust styles suck pallies and wanting to be a blockbot anyway i'll go for crush, purely because i'm still in a half delusion that it's still the best way to go as it was in the early days ^^

O

old.mattshanes

Well i assure you i am not wrong, tried all 3, thrust>>>crush>>>slash on resists in rvr.

Damage, thrust>>>>slash=crush.(albs dont see this though xD)

Yeah crush will be fine, just different so :)

o_O

G

Graknak

how can thrust be better? i mean on what situation do you base it? is it because les Mids have thrust resist? or is it that you come acros alot of chain wearing mids? as on paper Crush >> Thrust >> Slash when looking at realm based armour resists for albs

O

old.mattshanes

Group based rvr savage is only class that resists thrust ^^ as of late.(hunter/sb/zerks rarely group now)

But you like i said earlier thrust is good for a merc/arms due to them having more styles they SHOULD use over weapon spec whereas a pala you would mainly use weapon spec styles.

O

old.mattshanes

Nope.

Using 2 stings would do better damage, but pierce and basilisk fang are the best thrust styles which are back and side.

G

Graknak

so unless i'll spec at least hight thrust it's crap for tanks?
well ok that aside, if i take slash i'll have 13 parry instead of 4 compared to crush, will that save my life?

Users who are viewing this thread