slash merc's

M

martok_

hi guys not often i start a thread but hay

have any of you slash mercs out thier knowticed how hard it is to get a RvR group at all these days. I only ever get into one now because of guild mates and im finding this stupid yes thrust hurts 10% more then slash overall in RvR but taking a RR 1 thrust merc whos not even 50 over a RR4 lvl 50 sced Experienced merc player is stupid(i know im not a high RR but i want to be). Now common yes ive knowticed that alot of the old mercs have changed to thrust even the highlander ones.

But in the end who is it that is killing the albs the chain wearing healers or tanks or the SM's and Chanters. in RvR you need both dmg types yes. i play a inf i know the difference in dmg i see it but tbh this is just stupid.

can you post your comments and what you think please im sure im not the only one who feels like this!!!!

/rank off

O

old.mattshanes

It's because as an alb on pryd if you go emain 90% of your opponents are high rr or a tough group, if you aren't in a guild who rvrs often you have a tough chance to get a group sadly:(

There's many mercs too now but martok was that person already accepted for group before you join?anyway yes it's good having mixed damage types, i wish for 1 crush 1 thrust and 1 slash merc in group but it never will happen :/

F

faderullan

Really? I seem to get group pretty easy with my slash merc.

F

faderullan

Slash > Thrust btw. At least from my experience. Not like healers are our only targets in rvr.

O

old.mattshanes

I might try crush soon just for those reinforce wearing hibs and neutral all mids can't be bad with 380 str buffed:D

Also the 4.2 spd mainhand +2.5 offhand...and 6s stun next patch.

M

martok_

mat sadly no the merc just ported in and /y Thrust Merc LFG and was grouped. i had been asking ppl for groups each port for 2 hours it realy pisses me off tbh. If he had been a guildy i would have understood but he wasnt a member of any of the guilds in that group. ive often been taken in by guild group till thier last member turns up at whitch point i get dropped off and i leave but jesus. I love this game i love my merc and all i want to do is get to RR5 and ill be happy ive had to resort to trying to solo emain oddins and HW and as a merc its impossible specialy without a BB or end bot or spd of somekind.

M

martok_

i had a shock seeing you with thrust let alone crush hehe

O

old.mattshanes

Thrust isn't bad it's just the shitty mainhand spd, 3.5 sucks.... yet hibs get 4.3 xE

K

krait

Half-Ogre Crush mercs will be the new Fotm (got my name and template already :p ) and it'll be my first fotm too :clap:

C

chimaira

Originally posted by faderullan
Really? I seem to get group pretty easy with my slash merc.

No shit
:::
and u for u Martok.

I also respecced to thrust. mostly cause matt was buggin me how much it ownz :>

and I was tired of slash. respecs can give new feeling.
but thrust SUCKS on IE Savages. they use thrust resist shout and u hit for so shitty dmg u wish u never where born tbh.

Merc swinging a big battle slasher aint bad. shreds those savages easy.

this Thrust fotm thingy is overrated.

and sycho daddeh :) I would try crush to. if it wasnt for that bloddy sound of clogs smashing together u hear every time u use em or pick em down yer belt. (thanks Fnf cant forget that now ever)

N

naetha

I used to be crush and respecced to thrust - simply because a) I wanted a change, and b) the main object is to take out the support classes - usually wearing chain or cloth - chain is thrust weak, and cloth is all damage type neutral.

Also there are plenty of other slash users - 99% of paladins use slash, as well as some mincers and armsmen.

Crush was ok, but the level 50 style sucked, and the noise it makes as you take your weapon out...very annoying.

Never been slash - boring imo :(

K

K0nah

slash is sub-optimal vs mid chain no doubt there, but its along way from gimped, baring in mind all the factors, ie far more dmging rear style, better weapon speed choices resulting in higher dps, higher wepskill (when u aint diseased ;/ ) spammy-slash-chain to fall back on for those awkward wriggly bastards - dis it all u want but amy/dia >>>>>>> an unstyled hit.

...those savages do still have to die sometime also.

ppl turning down an experienced slash merc for a group is plain daft.

F

frogster

Originally posted by krait
Half-Ogre Crush mercs will be the new Fotm (got my name and template already :p ) and it'll be my first fotm too :clap:

Aye, not that long till Huggles the Half Ogre Crush Merc will be getting some necro loving :D

T

Talmont

My opinion is that slash is good to begin with the styles can be used anywhere, so no trouble getting on their sides and such, but once i get to rr5 <is very optimistic> then im going to Thrust and will begin to master that one :)
But slash is good has a nice damage output and a nice speed.

F

faderullan

Does it require more skill to play thrust?

I use 6 styles on my slash merc.

M

martok_

it requirs you to be in more positions then slash as most of the thrust attacks are position based mainly side and behind with 2-3 front attacks with 2 any times

F

faderullan

For thruster:
Side: Flank chain
Front Dual shadows
Back: Pierce
Backup: That thrust anytimer i forgot name of

For slasher:
Side: Flank chain
Front: Dual shadows
Back: Back slash
Backup: Amethyst chain

I still fail to see whats more easy with slash then thrust.

O

old.Bubble

Slash Mercs > Thrust mercs

Edit- Mainly to piss Matt off but i honestly think Slash/crush is better for a merc than Thrust

K

K0nah

Originally posted by martok_
it requires you to be in more positions then slash

it requires more than amy-dia-amy-dia-amy-dia-repeat-until-ooe-or-enemy-dead, yes. but then no slash merc with even half a clue plays that way since hes throwing away 50-150dmg per hit compared to backslash or flank chain.

there may have been some truth in it prior to this last patch, cos flank chain was a pile of toss back then. thrust mercs had to use it cos they had nothing better, it still sucked tho.

O

old.mattshanes

I do more damage with my guarded rapier compared to sabre though probably around 50-100s more on mid chain(if not diseased) so thrust is lacking the best haste effect which should come next patch(3.9+2.4), in my view having played all 3 weapon specs more than anyone on server i can tell you there really isn't a best i guess it just comes down to preferance and how comfortable you feel playing as your spec at the end of the day.(especially now hibs rvr a lot more)

The only bad point with thrust is lower ws, no matter your race though after disease it can be better(if you do not have around aug str 3, i can get 2050-2100ws buffed with crush and aug str 3 so could be worth a go and having 3 different types of damage mercs in group is the best in my view.)

Users who are viewing this thread