Skullbreaker (29 crush) > Amy slash (29 slash)???

O

old.mattshanes

Parry is useless in group rvr xD

I said before about the reasons why not to choose thrust as a pala :p but crush/slash would be more easier and gainful for a pala, as for a merc/arms they could spec any, be any race and not be gimped at all.(unless the armsman is s/s and thrust 1h).

G

Graknak

so is Highlander pally so much better compared to saracen pally?
considering you take crush?

does the lets say 80 str/con 60 dex 50 qui >
60 str/con 90 dex 60 qui? does the more hp/weaponskill > the more dex to block?

O

old.mattshanes

Doesn't make much of a difference at 50, my merc can get 1300s weaponskill as thrust unbuffed and as slash 1364.... so doesn't really matter, would be the same for hybrid.Probably miss out on about 40-60 weaponskill or so though you would block more due to higher dex.Just a case of preferance again really.

G

Graknak

but 20 con for a pally, how much hp would that be roughly?

G

Graknak

so roughly i got 2% less hp and 2.5% less weaponskill compared to more blocking, now all i need to know is how much blocking...

I

ilum

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
If you going 50 shield you will not be too bothered about weapon type since you be guarding more than attacking with your other tanks.I would go crush or slash as a pala since you can't make good use of thrust styles(i.e do not have dw/pole arm styles to make it more better)

Speccing 50 shield doesnt make you defensive. You can assist with Slam or failed / succesful brutalize. I've seen on scout forums scouts comparing failed brutalize damage to that of an amy slash, or even higher. Not experienced it frist hand tho.

T

tildson

You dont spec 50shield for the style, you spec it for the higher chance of blocking when you are guarding your support.

D

Dunmer

Ame > Any crush style always.. Crush is probably the worst melee spec in DAoC.

G

Graknak

so skullbreaker(chains of block) does > amy, altough amy > concussion (crush anytime)

D

Danya

Riposte > skullbreaker though, so in conclusion, Slash > crush. :p

G

Graknak

0.93 for Riposte and 0.89 for Skullbreaker, Riposte has a M Def bon but Med attack Bon. Skullbreaker has L def pen and High attack bon. Being high shield i prefer a high to-hit with a low penalty then a med to-hit with a med defense

I

ilum

Originally posted by tildson
You dont spec 50shield for the style, you spec it for the higher chance of blocking when you are guarding your support.

Are you sure you know why I spec 50 shield? (not that I have yet anyways)

G

Graknak

well dmg output from Brutalize isn't mentioned on that site yet, but i assume it'll be better then the previous ones otherwise its a load of bs to even make suchs a style

T

thegreatest

Originally posted by Graknak
0.93 for Riposte and 0.89 for Skullbreaker, Riposte has a M Def bon but Med attack Bon. Skullbreaker has L def pen and High attack bon. Being high shield i prefer a high to-hit with a low penalty then a med to-hit with a med defense

Eh? Well how you want to use that style then if it gives you a low penalty on the next round for your defense (block)? Sometimes you can use riposte 3-4x in a row due to the +med defence bonus (so you block after riposte, use riposte then block, use riposte block etc)..Dont think that is possible with skullbreaker as it has a low defense penalty on it...

+dont forget that riposte is the start of a chain that has a stunning attack in it...

G

Graknak

afaik penalty on defense is -Af not - block as to-hit is based on Af not the ammount of block you have.

Users who are viewing this thread