Sidi raids poll !!! vote now !

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Falcor

READ THIS

Originally posted by Falcor
Anyway as for how im gonna work this out, the raid this saturday will go ahead with current rules, as i dont intend to change them mid week, will judge fairly after saturday how to change rules...

As stated before wish some of u would read back, this is not open for discussion this is how it will happen this week, next week rules will change as to be decided,

Please note, any changes i make are due to polls, and ppl opinions, not the flames and rants of skile and fagane,i dont react well to threats, i react to ppls genuines wants and concerns....
I have always said these raid will be fair, as will the rules, skile and fagane have tbh been nothing more than an annoyance, trying to make me look like some evul elitest Nolby gimp, the amount of fuss some of u have made over this is, simply pathetic tbh, i say some not all....out of all the ppl who have flamed and whined i bet NOT one of u would be up for leading a 150 person sidi raid, cuz ya would just rather sit here and rant, and i think some of u should be ashamed of ya selves....

U say theres plenty more ppl to lead sidi raids out there? who? come on not once have i heard a name, neither skile or fagane would, u can bet on that.....dont take raid leaders for granted, that goes for all raids, or i will change to doing guild signup raids, a hell of a lot easier for me....came very close to it with all this crap, the only reason i dont is cuz its not fair on some ppl who wouldnt then get a chance to go...

Changes will be decided on saturday after raid, thats final, and u have until then to vote.

M

mimi_mimimi

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
and think about it why a RR5 deserves a drop more which was obtained during a raid where everybody who was there did his share of work.

Yes, I dont have a strong oppoinion about this :) but sheesj, everyone does their share of the work on a raid. If only rr5+ can roll for the drops then Ic imagine the rr5> people not to go on the raid in witch case you couldnt do em as often anyhow.

A

Aybabtu

Originally posted by syri
:clap: :clap: :clap:
and in reply to aybatu, firstly, you left out from my post that the reason the 60% is ignored is because they aren't rr5, or did you ignore that because i'm not rr5? probably...
And as for arranging a raid, i've been tempted many times, and one day i just might. at the moment, i'm considering one that is only for people rr5- so we don't get any eliteist arseholes moaning that someone got a drop that they can't use to "it's full potential" for another 10k rps....

Guess you didn't get my point.

Falcor makes his raids the way he wants em and the way he sees fit, i doubt he'd come anywhere if he had to listen to every man and his dog!

I left out the other parts cos they didn't matter in my post, no go buy some seals and craft some more, we'll get you DF back.

S

syri

Dont twist my words, apoc drops r not suitable for mincers judging by stats
i didn't twist any words, i was pointing out that if you're trying to defend yourself, you're only making your hole deeper by wording things very badly. and i did say that i don't know if they even are suitable for mincers...

N

necrofill

In interests of fairness i think its only right to state that apoc does rarely drop a weapon, and if he does even drop, then it is only ONE weapon a raid, and this rule only applys to this ONE weapon

I cant understand ppl whine over they cant get a weapon that only rr5 can get full dps with and there r really rare... i could understand them if it was a weapon there droped many times. take e.g. oil rag and think how much ppl will give for that and after my opionen not even the best cloak in albion.

and as falcor say it r ONLY apoc weapon, i could understand if he said it was all waepon.

and btw if u dont like the rules dont come and free us for u whine, it aint harder :)

E

ethiraseth

Originally posted by -sunlight-
I think the RR5+ rule is lame as hell, but I can accept that only RR5+ can lotto for Apoc drops if RR5+ people is forbidden in any other lotto.

totally agree, a nice compromise as well. RR5 people want to feel uber with apocalypse weapon? then they dont have to bother with the "lesser" weapons from the other sidi mobs cause those aren't uber enough for them, so leave those for the normal people.

F

Falcor

mm u mean like lotto apoc weapon first to rr5's if they loose they cant lotto for other drops?

B

Belomar

Originally posted by Asha
Tilda forgot the best option, guild based, which would cut down on the afk people and cut down on the selling of weapons right after the raid and would cut down on buffbots having sidi items and would cut down on people acting like idiots at the raid and would cut down on the lotto time and would cut down on the flames and arguments and would cut down on the strife.
On the other hand, some guilds are not able to muster the necessary people to go on a guild signup raid. There is nothing that prevents both types of raids from being run, you know. Just get the raid leaders to do it. (And yes, guild-signup raids are probably easier to run for just the reasons you state, so should be easier on the raid leader.)

M

medowind

Why not just give rr5’s +10 to there roll on all apoc warlord weps? Just because they might get that extra kick from it.

Oh wait forgot we aren’t that sensible ;/

A

alithiel50

I'd just like to point out that my standpoint on this issue is entirely neutral... Personally I'm sitting at my PC laughing that people take this so seriously... :rolleyes:

It's about the principle. I dont even have a class who can use the Apoc-drops. But that doesnt matter for my opinion that EVERYBODY attending to the raid should have an equal chance on getting that Apoc-drop he can use.
Would you extend this principle to real life?

If you found yourself in possession of the greatest rifle available in the world, would you just offer it to anyone who might use it once a week to go down to the local gun-club with his mates, or would you offer it to your country's top Marksmen to give them a greater chance of victory in international competition?

Hmm. No. I think ALOT of them actually used their mind for an instance and think about it why a RR5 deserves a drop more which was obtained during a raid where everybody who was there did his share of work.
Not really... People have twisted the orignal intent of the post and blown it out of all proportion. The original question was 'should a couple of items which may drop once every blue moon be restricted to RR5+?' and it's been turned into 'If you go on a Sidi Raid, you won't be entitled to any drops if you're not RR5+'

E

Ekydus

Originally posted by alithiel50

If you found yourself in possession of the greatest rifle available in the world, would you just offer it to anyone who might use it once a week to go down to the local gun-club with his mates, or would you offer it to your country's top Marksmen to give them a greater chance of victory in international competition?

OK so the person won the rifle in say a prize draw. The person took part in the draw along with the top Marksman because they wanted the same chance to win the rifle.

It's like the lottery... You don't give people 4 out of the 6 numbers in advance because they "deserve" it more.

B

belth

The top marksman can fork out enough money to buy the rifle from me or be without it ;)

A

Antedeluvian

mm u mean like lotto apoc weapon first to rr5's if they loose they cant lotto for other drops?

Good idea Falcor. Hey, u found ur compromise.
Btw, dont preclaim, kthx?

O

old.Ramas

or i will change to doing guild signup raids, a hell of a lot easier for me....came very close to it with all this crap, the only reason i dont is cuz its not fair on some ppl who wouldnt then get a chance to go...

I'm always a little perplexed by the idea of these huddled masses who can't do guild sign up raids.

We're talking about people who don't have 6 lvl 48+ friends in a guild, or 6 level 48+ friends in their alliance, or enough friends in another guild to get yourself under their wing in a sidi group.

If we seriously have alliances *that* small, maybe we do need to think about having some of those alliances merge after all ;) .

Zerg behaviour and lotto issues pretty much all go away as soon as people are accountable as a guild. imo.

N

necrofill

Not really... People have twisted the orignal intent of the post and blown it out of all proportion. The original question was 'should a couple of items which may drop once every blue moon be restricted to RR5+?' and it's been turned into 'If you go on a Sidi Raid, you won't be entitled to any drops if you're not RR5+'

the original question was: Should RR5 people be the only ones able to /random for an Apoc only weapon.

but i agree with that ppl have turned the original question to something totally diffrent from the original.

And as i said in me early post why u just stay away and if all do that falcor maybe change the rule or worser (for some of us, there not r in a big guild/alliance) he stop holding sidi raid

And btw how whould have it if e.g. u really want apoc weapon and u r lvl 50 and rr5 and so a e.g. a lvl 48 rr2 win the weapon? u will be very angry and think the rule r stupid coz a lvl 48 can win a weapon he dont have full use of.

A

Asha

Originally posted by Belomar
On the other hand, some guilds are not able to muster the necessary people to go on a guild signup raid. There is nothing that prevents both types of raids from being run, you know. Just get the raid leaders to do it. (And yes, guild-signup raids are probably easier to run for just the reasons you state, so should be easier on the raid leader.)

What Arindra said... I really doubt there is any guild small enough to not be able to get 7 or 8 people together. Even in our leanest times, we managed it. We roped in some alliance people if we had to.

C

ChillyDawg

oh ffs, why dont u stupid bastards shut up. If you dont like the rule (which i dont) dont bloody go. Join a decent alliance and do private raids (the best imo) no bitching, no whining no preclaiming twats who lead them and impose silly rules just a nice fun raid.

Dawg

C

-Calvin-

Your RR3 who arnt according to some arnt worth shit are your RR5s of tomorrow do why the hell if you say its so easy to get RR5 shouldnt they be in the lotto?

Oh and yeah I have do have a RR5.

Calvin

A

Aussie-

i would hate to see some powerlvled random rr1 <whateverclass> run away with a apoc only weapon.

rr5 isnt high. it's like 2 weeks of RvR .......

N

nuitari

<chuckle>

Well you got me laughing now atleast :)

<cheer>

Human greed, would you yourself give that rifle away to say, me? becouse I am better then you when it comes to hitting some stupid target?

<chuckle>

P

Puppetmistress

Ehmmm LOL ? If I had the greatest rifle in the world (which is already not an accurate description because Falcor doesn't own the Apoc-drop but simply collects it) I would sell it to the highest bidder. I don't fucking care if it's the greatest Marksmen or some royal nitwit out of Niguragua who's gonna shoot elephants with it :p

Also you conveniently forget the fact that if you have the greatest rifle in your possession you have 120 others helping you to obtain it.

??? So it is about the principle to me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like I said the items aren't even useable by any of my characters. It's just the fact that some RR5+ dude thinks he's more entitled to the drop then a RR4L8 armsman. Which is nothing more then greedy attitude.

Twist and turn what you want, make RL-comparisions based on squad (they're not even analog to what happens in the game). Don't thread us like idiots, the question in this poll is very clear and while setup biassed still shows that the majority thinks it's a bullshit-rule.

O

old.Ramas

it's like 2 weeks of RvR .......

If you aren't in a 24/7 RvR guild, the stats on duskwave suggest it's more like at least 4 months.

If you are in an RvR guild the stats on duskwave suggest about 1-2 months.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by Coim-
Not for a casual player. :)

A casual player should not get a sidi drop.
Give the sidi drops to an active player.
Regards, Glottis

H

Herbal Remedy

rofl skile dont talk such utter bullshit

who organised the last successfull and primetime relic raid me = GoL

Who spent alll weekend in hadrians most of gol did i see you there noooooooooo so kindly stfu about shit u obviously have no clue about kthnx

Yes many guild dont turn upto defend keeps when we have no relics but thats not just the rvr guilds thats everyone....

Sure defending keep is all well and good when you have no relics but thats due to getting df which = seals farmage = kinda selfish you dont want df for the realm u want it to lvl or get seals. Alot of people help out when we have relics and itsnot just the lowbies the high rrs or the smaller guilds its everyone:clap: .

And skile this sabotage your talking about if you dont like the rules fuck off and make your own raids. Oh wait thats right u cant be arsed tomake your own or your afraid no would turn up instead youll ask aligro. When you organise your own raids you can talk till thenkindly stfu railroading someone else hard work. If you dont like the rules u dont have to turn up, its not rocket science is it?:eek:

Point to all the whiner organise your own or dont turn up dont ruin the raid for those that put the effort in ok

A

alithiel50

??? So it is about the principle to me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like I said the items aren't even useable by any of my characters. It's just the fact that some RR5+ dude thinks he's more entitled to the drop then a RR4L8 armsman. Which is nothing more then greedy attitude.
Fine, you stick to your principle... I'm just providing a view from a neutral standpoint. ;)

How is an RR5+ Armsman who thinks he's entitled to the drop because he's going to make full and regular use of it in RvR any more greedy than an RR3/4 Armsman who think's he's entitled to it just because he came on the raid, even though he doesn't RvR much and will probably just leave it in his vault/house as a trophy item?

Greed isn't the issue here. Anyone who thinks they have some sort of entitlement to such a weapon is being 'greedy', whether they're voting for or against the introduction of such a rule... it's a part of human nature.

the question in this poll is very clear and while setup biassed still shows that the majority thinks it's a bullshit-rule.
Yes, the question is clear... but reading many of the replies that have been made suggests that there are still people who have misread or misinterpretted it. Maybe deliberately so in an attempt to 'fan the flames' and stir up more bad feeling. It doesn't alter the fact that the rule being discussed applies to a very small number of items that may never even drop on this server.

As I see it, people should forget it and get on with having some fun on raids. In the unlikely event that such a weapon should drop, it can be excluded from the lotto and put to one side and a discussion held then as to how it is to be allocated.

Although having read much of this thread, I'd be tempted to suggest destroying the bloody thing to avoid more whine!!

Why dwell on something now that may never even come up? Deal with it if one of these weapons dropped, not before.

F

fl_gorre

lol@poll results
all non RR5 voting no and all RR5+voting yes :p
its 5out of 38drops wer talking about here
ofcurz everyone who attended the raid should be able to lotto
but it would be sad to see an uberdrop going to waste to some alt or a rather PvE player

a player with higher realmpoints has generally done more for albion then those with low RR(yes there are exceptions etc)
its the more rvr experienced ppl who organise most of the frontier activitys and RR's or atleast guide the less experienced ones to a succesfull raid
and imho they should be rewarded for it
+ as non RR5+ you cant use the uberdrops to its fully potential
its such a waste imho to not use it at its full potential and let its dur lower by bashing mobs

and from the more roleplaying point of view
king arthur himselve had the best sword ever been crafted: excalibur
and the best knights always had the finest crafted gear by the finest smiths
and everyoen had respect for those who led their forces intoo victory
while less experienced players now think of those with more prs as being twats and greedy bastards

need always goes before greed
but most players seem to have forgotten this....

P

Puppetmistress

How is an RR5+ Armsman who thinks he's entitled to the drop because he's going to make full and regular use of it in RvR any more greedy than an RR3/4 Armsman who think's he's entitled to it just because he came on the raid, even though he doesn't RvR much and will probably just leave it in his vault/house as a trophy item?

Ehmmm.. How about sticking to actual facts and talk about the rule? The rule is pretty clear: No RR4 can get the Apoc-drop where the RR5+ decided to make it a RR5+ only chance to get it.

Guess who's more greedy. Yup.

Greed isn't the issue here. Anyone who thinks they have some sort of entitlement to such a weapon is being 'greedy', whether they're voting for or against the introduction of such a rule... it's a part of human nature.

It is ALL about greed. It is about increasing your own chances to get the drop. That is, for the majority, the reason the rule is there. Dont give me 'better utilized' crap, that 1.8% more frontload-dmg is not significant. The statement that a RR5+ is more active in RvR then a RR3 is bull too. That's no rule, alot of RR5+ characters made less RP over the last few weeks then some RR4- classes.

Yes, the question is clear... but reading many of the replies that have been made suggests that there are still people who have misread or misinterpretted it. Maybe deliberately so in an attempt to 'fan the flames' and stir up more bad feeling. It doesn't alter the fact that the rule being discussed applies to a very small number of items that may never even drop on this server.

This is where the principle kicks in ;)

As I see it, people should forget it and get on with having some fun on raids. In the unlikely event that such a weapon should drop, it can be excluded from the lotto and put to one side and a discussion held then as to how it is to be allocated.

In my opinion it's way better to set the rules clear from the start where Falcor agrees with me as he doesn't wanna change the rules before the next raid (which makes sense imo). Clear rules = best way to avoid misunderstandings.

Although having read much of this thread, I'd be tempted to suggest destroying the bloody thing to avoid more whine!!

Agreed :p

Why dwell on something now that may never even come up? Deal with it if one of these weapons dropped, not before.

No, clear rules on fore-hand are the way to go.

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
A casual player should not get a sidi drop.
Give the sidi drops to an active player.
Regards, Glottis

Elitism :great:

A scout should not get a sidi drop.
Give the sidi drops to a player actually worth something in RvR.
Regards, Puppet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom