Shadowblade petition.

T

Tigerius

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
Prydwen sbs suck? lol give me a break.... we have many good sbs and i tell you now it was excal server i heard a shield specced merc high rr?:rolleyes: and another 29 slash :E speccing an offensive class defensive no wonder you guys moan.

Testing how far up the ass a head can go? Tell me 1 reason a Shield Mercenary is a worse defensive tank then a Shield Armsman? Oh right, they're in fact better. So what exactly is it you have a problem with here, the concept of defensive tanks as a whole? As for a 29 Slash merc, I don't know who you are talking about, I doubt it was anyone high RR, but yes you are right lets flame us all for having someone make a less smart specchoice.

by poorly constructed sentences and people straying from the point at hand. Taking pride in constructing inproper sentences really is sad.

O

old.mattshanes

First of all shield merc has no mastery of blocking,it has chain,yes it has evade 1 but they do not evade much if highlander.

A merc is a damage class not a tank,but remember you insulted prydwen sbs so you can talk yourself:eek:

B

Berz Blackburn

Originally posted by Tigerius

by poorly constructed sentences and people straying from the point at hand. Taking pride in constructing inproper sentences really is sad.

I always gave you real facts afaik, just tell me which sentences were inproper?

Go back to Excal the gimp zerg(tm) is waiting for you!

And like l33t excal cs kids say : kthxbye :]

T

Tigerius

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
First of all shield merc has no mastery of blocking,it has chain,yes it has evade 1 but they do not evade much if highlander.

A merc is a damage class not a tank,but remember you insulted prydwen sbs so you can talk yourself:eek:

No MoB correct, but Dex as secondary stat. Evade1 is a side issue really, as is Plate/Chain. A defensive tank isn't defensive to nullify hits against himself.

A merc CAN be a damage class, it's no better or worse shield tank then an Armsman, that's all. Let me clarify the statement you refer to, I was making different suggestions as to why who was complaining in a mostly jokingly tone, it wasn't very seriously intended.

I always gave you real facts afaik, just tell me which sentences were inproper?

I'm sure the facts were real, but the grammar wasn't, which was why you lost me.

And please leave the Z word out of this thread, you really don't know me and attempts at personal insults really do little to increase your credibility in the LA issue.

B

Berz Blackburn

I'm sure the facts were real, but the grammar wasn't, which was why you lost me.

And please leave the Z word out of this thread, you really don't know me and attempts at personal insults really do little to increase your credibility in the LA issue.

Strange tho your the only one that wasnt able to understand what i said, even tho i am not english :p
Did i insult you once?

T

Tigerius

Originally posted by Berz Blackburn
Strange tho your the only one that wasnt able to understand what i said, even tho i am not english :p
Did i insult you once?

Maybe it's strange but it's still true, the sentences weren't correct, somewhere along the lines you lost me. Now clarify :p

Until you would have given real facts, with exact affirmation about stats, skills on the classes then i might consider not a clueless noob, but for now you are.

The first is clearly an insult, the second I didn't quite get what you meant by but it does look like an insult :)

B

Berz Blackburn

Maybe it's strange but it's still true, the sentences weren't correct, somewhere along the lines you lost me. Now clarify :p

You still dont point me which sentences were not correct

The first is clearly an insult, the second I didn't quite get what you meant by but it does look like an insult :)

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where did i say you were a gimp there ? i'm mentioning albs as gimps as it seems even your tanks are getting owned silly.
Nothing personal.

quote:

Until you would have given real facts, with exact affirmation about stats, skills on the classes then i might consider not a clueless noob, but for now you are.

You did mention yourself the word clueless noob, ok may be i shouldnt have used "noob" because you have prolly some experience of the game but clueless is just the truth..

S

Solid

Tigger is post farming, dont mind him :D

BTW

Evade 1 + medium shield + dex 2ndry is not as defensive as Plate + Large Shield + MoB + Dex Tertiary imo.

Ofc thats my opinion, you're entitled to yours.

I go with matt, why play a dual wield "light tank" to be a defensive spec?

Anyway, last 4 pages have been full of whine and insults, dont think i saw a single factual post with information or valid arguments, its been a ping pong of insults and aggression.

B

Berz Blackburn

Someone lock-up Solid in his cage again pls!! ;)

T

Tigerius

Armsman could be considered a tad more defensive if you want, but the point I'm trying to make is that Mercenary is far and long from unviable as Defensive Tank. As for why do it?

Dirty Tricks, Charge, Flurry (although based on DW spec), more confusing target for enemies, better armor tables (IMO), simply roleplay reasons: such as prefering the Mercenary idea over the Armsman, Chain over Plate, Dualwield over Pole (yes even a defensive tank can make use of a offensive dmg output, and here BTW unspecced/lowspecced DW beats lowspecced pole). And finally, wanting to be different, last but definately not least, especially when faced with hard preconceptions like above.

You still dont point me which sentences were not correct

The above sentence. What is it refering to and what do you mean by it?

B

Berz Blackburn

The above sentence. What is it refering to and what do you mean by it?

it was refering to the fact everything you said about shadowblades or whatever else classes were not FACTS but some unsure affirmation, your opinion.

K

Kedaran_Mid

Greetings everyone.

What I always wonder when I read a post like this is; where do all these 'uber' hits that everyone is talking about coming from?

I´m yet to see a 300+ hit from my shadowblade vs. infiltrator with 26% slash resist, buffed or unbuffed. I know unbuffed this will never happen, atleast not to me. But not even when I´m buffed (I don´t have a buffbot nor will I have one) will I hit for those amount of damage vs. a infiltrator with 26% slash.

I´m pretty much the avarage shadowblade, nothing special and not a compleat 'noob' either. I´ve got a somewhat diffrent spec from most other shadowblades but I´ve got everything to qualifies me for these 'uber' hits that everyone is seeing, getting 'pwnd' by ect ect ect. But I just can´t see them I like most others have gone high in the Mastery of Pain RA to compeat with our conterparts, and with these crits I sometimes, but only sometimes come close to this damage.

With this nerf or fix, read as you see fit, the shadowblades will not be anywhere close to the other two assassins due to alot of reasons. This is a simple fact, I think most of you know that no class out there will ever survive a 40% damage reduction and till survive to be effective vs. it´s counter parts or any other class for that matter.

-K.

J

jochen

Whoa long thread, almost got a headache reading it.
I agree fully with Elrond on this. Of course an SB hits harder then a Infiltrator(per swing), this is because most SB's use a 4.1 axe( or sword ) and Infiltraitors use a 2.9spd(i think?) weapon. Most Infiltraitors hit me with halv swing rate, and being a 5 spec SB i PA for about the same damage as a equal realm rank Infiltraitor.
Hopefully Mythic will understand this facts too.

O

old.Elrond

hrhr @ tigerius, if someone calls you a clueless noob its not an insult my friend, it would seem to merely be an observation based on fact.

S

Solid

Nice SC suit u got there btw Elrond :D I think I am gonna aim for the same RA choices as you have too, very nice selection.

BTW Are you fully autotrained to 48?

Oh and notice the weaponskill:

God damn I wish EU had Pendragon equivalent, so we could do some respecs and testing prior to 1.62.

Whats done is done, and whilst we may have to deal with it, we are not given the chance to try out the multitude of diff specs we will hope that are viable.

F

froler-mid

nerf 1492hps..... :(

i got 1312, same +con/toughness ra's /cry

B

Berz Blackburn

Originally posted by froler-mid

i got 1312, same +con/toughness ra's /cry

HAhahahaha my kobold has 1313hp with only con I and toughness I :)) /flex

O

old.Elrond

Thanks solid :D If you're interested I can post the sc template its made with mostly common items. As far as autotraining goes it was a long time ago I levelled up my sb but I think I went auto to 40..possibly 44 but I think it was 40 as I solod 39-45 (unbuffed :() and I probably needed the stealth :)

O

old.Elrond

you know whats also funny is that they are stripping SH from those who have it..meaning that in order to test what the new SH is like you'll have to rebuy it...and if it sucks you're stuck with it :) kind of defeats the point of the refund imo.

F

froler-mid

Originally posted by old.Elrond
you know whats also funny is that they are stripping SH from those who have it..meaning that in order to test what the new SH is like you'll have to rebuy it...and if it sucks you're stuck with it :) kind of defeats the point of the refund imo.

SH have always been wasted pts imo :D

T

Tigerius

Originally posted by old.Elrond
hrhr @ tigerius, if someone calls you a clueless noob its not an insult my friend, it would seem to merely be an observation based on fact.

:eek:

S

Solid

i think the last thing i need help with is an SC template :D

Y

Yuffy

read the first 5 pages, got abit same old same old, are we on about solo then, i take it, why not just group in rvr? doesnt have to be with non stealthers, just group with another blade, doesnt have to be a FG, i can see why ppl are getting upset. Along time ago ( :p ) i had a full critblade, im sure i used to win more duels than the spam doublefrostfortehwin!~ blades, you just have to start using the long styles rather than pounding that single button, which im sure most have replaced more than once :(

call me crazy but im going to start a zerker and a critblade :p

B

Berz Blackburn

I have been a critblade too and you have no chance against df i tell you...

S

Suedish

I'm the 3000'th viewer of this thread, this must be the peek moment of my life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom