Shadowblade petition.

F

froler-mid

Originally posted by Berz Blackburn
Yep and the SB's are leaving :p have fun

only teh gimps will quit, better ones will adapt.

B

Berz Blackburn

Originally posted by froler-mid

Gimps are all the shadowblades after 1.62 so everyone will quit then. Or do i have to tell you what a gimp is?
Alot of very good SB's have left allready.
I aint talkin about myself as i left Midgard for awhile now and i dont care, im just defending the SB as i think its pretty unfair whats happening to them..

F

froler-mid

Gimps are all the shadowblades after 1.62 so everyone will quit then. Or do i have to tell you what a gimp is?
Alot of very good SB's have left allready.
I aint talkin about myself as i left Midgard for awhile now and i dont care, im just defending the SB as i think its pretty unfair whats happening to them..

those who left now oO, without testing it, just needed a small reason too quit the game......

i cant speak for prydwen, but im happy if sb population drops with 50% at excal.

like i said, teh fotm sbs etc will quit, better ones will stay..

O

old.Hellskor

...to Tailor-Bots or Alchemist-Bots ?

What does a SB have what a Slash-infil won't have in 1.62 ?`

higher damage ? nope
more Specc points ? nope
better RAs ? nope
better Styles ? nope

what we have is ~70ish HP more if it's a Norse and 2handers that have a ~150ish higher cap on a PA ... against real targets it's about nothing.

take a look at the screenie you posted, you hit on a resistant target for 115 (-65) damage with a positional style.
I hit a resistant target (with higher absorb) for about the same with a reactionary style.... to bad that most of it gets negated.
SBs do maybe 20% damage more, have worse RAs and less specc points than infils and no choice of damage type.
Oh, and for the 'Dragonfang can be purged' ... did I miss somewhere in the patch-notes that SBs got purge on a 30sec timer now ? Or do you want to tell me I can compete once every 30min with another assassin ?
Do we get Str/Dex debuff poisons ?
I guess Str/Con debuff barely does anything in infil vs. infil duels ... guess that's why about no infil uses it.

P.S. If you want I can post a screenie of getting hit for 546dmg by a 1h Sword'n'Board Armsman while having maxed resists ... does that mean Armsmen need a nerf ?

F

Fafnir

STAFFBLADES ROCKS :) Well dam funny to play when you do huge damage :p

F

froler-mid

Originally posted by old.Hellskor
...to Tailor-Bots or Alchemist-Bots ?

What does a SB have what a Slash-infil won't have in 1.62 ?`

higher damage ? nope
more Specc points ? nope
better RAs ? nope
better Styles ? nope

what we have is ~70ish HP more if it's a Norse and 2handers that have a ~150ish higher cap on a PA ... against real targets it's about nothing.

take a look at the screenie you posted, you hit on a resistant target for 115 (-65) damage with a positional style.

SBs do maybe 20% damage more, have worse RAs and less specc points than infils and no choice of damage type.

Oh, and for the 'Dragonfang can be purged' ... did I miss somewhere in the patch-notes that SBs got purge on a 30sec timer now ? Or do you want to tell me I can compete once every 30min with another assassin ?

I guess Str/Con debuff barely does anything in infil vs. infil duels ... guess that's why about no infil uses it.

well, sbs get a evade stun, slash infils dont.

yes, i did 115(-65), if i were a SZ with 'the back positinal LA style' i would have hitted for 3 times as much.............

sbs have the same ra's as a infil, Except vanish(which WONT help u vs sbs).

purge is very annoying, im getting purged muuuch more now when mids have relics, ( they dont need too use it as often..)

erm, those infils who dont use debuff are gimps, i for one cant beat a sb without a succesfull debuff....(get resisted, purged etc )

F

Farnis

those who left now oO, without testing it, just needed a small reason too quit the game......

i cant speak for prydwen, but im happy if sb population drops with 50% at excal.

like i said, teh fotm sbs etc will quit, better ones will stay..

Wanker

B

Berz Blackburn

sbs have the same ra's as a infil, Except vanish(which WONT help u vs sbs).

Vanish wont help u eh? Cauz you dont know how to use it, I often get PA then we fight then the infil vanish+PA again directly!

purge is very annoying, im getting purged muuuch more now when mids have relics, ( they dont need too use it as often..).

Whats the relics have to do about USING purge ? should be the other way around if you meant that with the relics they hit harder then they wont need to purge then makes sense.

K

Kedaran_Mid

No actually, shadowblades does not get a stun. Shadowblades speccing 39 or higher in LA will get a stun chain, but since that won´t be a viable spec after 1.62 comes along you won´t see many shadowblades stunning with the comeback-FG combo.

-K.

O

old.Bubble

I haven't read pages 2 and 3 but i'd just like to say your merc must be a total Gimp if you can't kill a SB who attacks you when your buffed

My old RR6 SB Buffed attacked a RR3 merc and lost(he had epic armour on as well...i had capped stats and resists)

O

old.Bubble

woah 10 pages i can't be arsed to read through that

Stop whining about a 10% damage reduction
You DF will still hit for 200+

F

froler-mid

Vanish wont help u eh? Cauz you dont know how to use it, I often get PA then we fight then the infil vanish+PA again directly!

like i said,i had vanish, i know how too use it.

BUT, a 2nd PA vs sb's is near impossible, if u got bleed, dot on u and use vanish u WILL pop out from stealth.

that means , i must dragonfang the sb, purge dot, then vanish, then PA before the sb purges and attacks again...(when i vanish infront of a sb i become 'shaded' not invisible..). .easy...yaaaaaa.....no.

vanish for me is a funny ra, but it really dont help much.

edit: u can vanish in between dot/bleed ticks...then PA, but that is very hard with lagg etc.....not gonna happen.

F

froler-mid

Originally posted by Kedaran_Mid
No actually, shadowblades does not get a stun. Shadowblades speccing 39 or higher in LA will get a stun chain, but since that won´t be a viable spec after 1.62 comes along you won´t see many shadowblades stunning with the comeback-FG combo.

-K.

its a question about giving up spec pts, i give up looooads of spec pts by going 50 thrust(yeye, more spec pts on infil etc)

39LA after patch will still be a viable option imo.

S

Solid

Froler actually you dont give up shit to get 50 Thrust:

A Infil can get:

34 Stealth
34 CS
34 Env
35 DW (36-37 with autotraining a few levels)
50 Thrust (Str/Dex based)

compared to a SB that can only achieve:

34 Stealth
34 CS
34 Env
39 LA
36 Weaponspec (37-38 if autotrained) (Str only)

Once again, please tell me what YOU give up for 50 thrust?
Extra 0.5spec points = 50 weaponspec without penalty
NS and SB cannot possibly get near that.

O

old.Elrond

Originally posted by old.Bubble
Stop whining about a 10% damage reduction
You DF will still hit for 200+

My DF doesn't hit for 200+ now on any half decent player. Christ a caster with shield up and 26% slash resist will only get hit for ~180 by my DF.

Oh and a infiltrator does give something up to get 50 thrust....they give up their ability to do high damage to shadowblades...fed up of damn infiltrators whining about their damage when they gimp themselves against SB by speccing thrust. You know you can get an extra 20% damage by going slash ya big morons. (In fact you'd actually see more than 20% damage increase due to the way percentages work)

M

mordia

edit: u can vanish in between dot/bleed ticks...then PA, but that is very hard with lagg etc.....not gonna happen.

You just suck or something?!?!112

F

froler-mid

Originally posted by Solid
Froler actually you dont give up shit to get 50 Thrust:

A Infil can get:

34 Stealth
34 CS
34 Env
35 DW (36-37 with autotraining a few levels)
50 Thrust (Str/Dex based)

compared to a SB that can only achieve:

34 Stealth
34 CS
34 Env
39 LA
36 Weaponspec (37-38 if autotrained) (Str only)

Once again, please tell me what YOU give up for 50 thrust?
Extra 0.5spec points = 50 weaponspec without penalty
NS and SB cannot possibly get near that.

mmm, my bad :D

(i give up slash spec.....by going slash spec i dont have any evade stun..much like high weapon spec sbs...? :D)

S

Solid

lol froler, by attempting to highlight what Infils give up you keep on pointing out all the things Sb dont get.

you get a CHOICE of weapon type, slash or thrust.
you get a CHOICE of Str/Dex or pure Str based weapons
you get a CHOICE of speccing 1 line to 50 with no penalty to your other lines
you get a CHOICE of speccing 2 lines to 44 with no penalty to your other lines

NS get the first 2 options, SB dont get any of those options, oh but we do get 90hp (best case scenario) and a token 2H perf, weeeeeeee.

F

froler-mid

lol froler, by attempting to highlight what Infils give up you keep on pointing out all the things Sb dont get.

you get a CHOICE of weapon type, slash or thrust.
you get a CHOICE of Str/Dex or pure Str based weapons
you get a CHOICE of speccing 1 line to 50 with no penalty to your other lines
you get a CHOICE of speccing 2 lines to 44 with no penalty to your other lines

NS get the first 2 options, SB dont get any of those options, oh but we do get 90hp (best case scenario) and a token 2H perf, weeeeeeee.

well, i agree with giving sb's a thrust line...gimped dmg etc, but first they needed too nerf la then imo :D

(imagine thrust weapons, overpowered LA-styles, a diamondback kinda evade stun style...)

best case scenario..hmmm...Ruffting have like 200~hp more then my infil.... :D(im gimped, yes)

LA will still be good after nerf,
- u will still hit EVERY round with it (getting in debuff+dot early in fight).
-u will still outdmg a thruster infil.

F

Farnis

LA will still be good after nerf,
-u will still outdmg a thruster infil.

Thats some mighty fine assumptions mate - have you seen the nerf logs? Have you got a sb on a US server? What is your basis for these assumptions or is just a way of pacifying the FOTM sbs that you so kindly insult us with.

Are you saying that currently, pre nerf a sb always out damages a thruster sb? So one v one a dragonfang4tehwin infil has never beaten an sb? And after the patch, the same will still apply?

I said it earlier, but thats now been confirmed, you sir are a wanker. :D

S

Solid

froler your still talking nonsense:

50 Thrust Saracen Infil has higher weaponskill stat (avg Str/Dex) than a norse SB (who can NEVER EVER make a viable template as a dual wielder if he went to 50 weapon).

And yes thats best case cos Briton Infil has 90hp more than Norse SB at level 50 without any RA's, jumps to 100 if both get Aug Con 2 and Toughness 2 (those figures posted by an INFIL on the general forum, go check Pin's latest posts)

I could equally argue that the hp advantage is ZERO for a Kobold SB vs a Briton Infil, but i pick the best Con race from EACH realm for comparisons to be fair (aka Briton vs Norse)

And yes LA damage may be *adequate*, but only if ur insane enough to spec it to 50 Weapon 50 LA on a SB and ignore the otehr 3 lines

For the 5spec SB 1.62 = death to that template.

And if Ruffting has 200more hp than you, its not his fault he picked a high con race and did +10 constitution and you didnt, perhaps if you were so worried about hp, you would pick Briton and go +10 Con

Anyway /postpharm4tehWIN!!!

A

Azal

No, they SWING every round, big difference.

O

old.Hellskor

yes, i did 115(-65), if i were a SZ with 'the back positinal LA style' i would have hitted for 3 times as much.............

Slash-Infils get styles with Very High to-hit and Medium/High damage... compared to lower Weaponspec and low/medium to-hit bonus.

3 times as much damage with Snowsquall ? that'd be 345dmg, right ?
know what ? that's kinda like the cap damage I can do with my overpowered LA styles, on grey cons.

In that fight with Luske where I took that screenie from :

Doublefrost : 82dmg
Snowsquall : 111-115dmg
Comeback : 110-118dmg
Frosty Gaze: 93dmg

Offhand : 20-24dmg if it didn't get blocked/parried/evaded

mind to tell me where the '3 times as much damage' went you're talking of ?

If you think 5 more specc points in LA would increase my damage by 200 ... no, soz, it doesn't.

F

froler-mid

Originally posted by Farnis
Thats some mighty fine assumptions mate - have you seen the nerf logs? Have you got a sb on a US server? What is your basis for these assumptions or is just a way of pacifying the FOTM sbs that you so kindly insult us with.

Are you saying that currently, pre nerf a sb always out damages a thruster sb? So one v one a dragonfang4tehwin infil has never beaten an sb? And after the patch, the same will still apply?

US VN boards are full of BS anyway, if they played the game as much as they whined, there mayby should have been any good info.

i beat sb's all the time. dragonfang will still be very lethal after patch, no doubt.

i didnt say all sbs were fotm, i said the fotm sbs will quit. are u one of those? ^^

That Crit is harder than remi's dragonfang cap..

(a stolen pic from excal forum, http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?threadid=63094)

F

froler-mid

froler your still talking nonsense:

50 Thrust Saracen Infil has higher weaponskill stat (avg Str/Dex) than a norse SB (who can NEVER EVER make a viable template as a dual wielder if he went to 50 weapon).

And if Ruffting has 200more hp than you, its not his fault he picked a high con race and did +10 constitution and you didnt, perhaps if you were so worried about hp, you would pick Briton and go +10 Con

mmm, give race respec...and start pts respec.... /cry

erm...a 50LA, 50AXE is a VERY viable spec......u DONT need CS and ENV with that spec, your a invisible zerker.

B

Berz Blackburn

like i said,i had vanish, i know how too use it.

BUT, a 2nd PA vs sb's is near impossible, if u got bleed, dot on u and use vanish u WILL pop out from stealth.

that means , i must dragonfang the sb, purge dot, then vanish, then PA before the sb purges and attacks again...(when i vanish infront of a sb i become 'shaded' not invisible..). .easy...yaaaaaa.....no.

vanish for me is a funny ra, but it really dont help much.

My statement remains you can't use it :p
I have seen quite a few infils on prydwen doing it, can name Derric. Learn how to use it u lazy ass.

Oh no wait.....your too busy backing up DF4tehwin!!

B

Berz Blackburn

erm...a 50LA, 50AXE is a VERY viable spec......u DONT need CS and ENV with that spec, your a invisible zerker.

Ye an invisible zerker without studded armor
without tank table hp
without frenzy mode

indeed invisible zerker :rolleyes:

And LOL at you dont need ENV rofl ye right putting 50 in LA doesnt justify sacrifying 100+ value debuffs...

F

froler-mid

Ye an invisible zerker without studded armor
without tank table hp
without frenzy mode

indeed invisible zerker :rolleyes:

And LOL at you dont need ENV rofl ye right putting 50 in LA doesnt justify sacrifying 100+ value debuffs...

u get evade 7 , enuff defense
a buffed too nuts norse hp is over 2k hps.

as it is now, no a SZ DONT need env.

as for Vanish, bah , u should try it vs some sbs(vs other targets, sure, much easier).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom