Server/Realm/Class/Profession!!!!

Loneliness

Loyal Freddie
Maxing a trade to find out my class would be better if i had done a different one, choosing a server to find out theres anouther perhaps more suited to my gameplay, Being in a realm thats mainly for the younger player rather than a grumpy old fart like myself.

I rather much doubt these questions can be answered and i must find out myself through experience but a heads up or a few opinion can always help.

Ive spent many hours, days, months in online games in the past to find out i made several bad decisions in terms of a server, realm, class or profession where they were not the correct choice. Is it to early to ask what would be best suited.

Chey

Fledgling Freddie
just to let you know, there are a few of us old farts on Karak-Hirn, our guild has a mixed player base from 18 - 60ish (leaning to the latter :p)

Personally regarding crafting professions, apothecary, cultivating, magical salvaging and talisman making are very time consuming and hard work

eg i spent over 3 hrs doing my cultivation the other night

personally to someone new in the game i would recommend either butchery or scavenging as they reap more money with which you could buy stuff from the Auction House, if later you fancy doing something else its very easy to change in WAR.

Classes is a difficult one to answer without knowing your play style and preferences, perhaps give us some ideas of types of chars you have played or like to play

Also if you go to HERE you can have a looksy at the classes available and narrow it down to perhaps asking our opinions of this or that class

longbow

Fledgling Freddie
Just to add to the above. Dont dismiss the order classes just because the destro out number them. Order classes are as good as the destro classes - we're just the under dogs in number not ability.

Oh btw Im also an oldie - Im on the roleplay server Burlock.

charl8tan

Fledgling Freddie
Bloody cultivating is driving me insane! I've now got 2 toons who's banks are filled up with herbs from cultivating, that I can't process into pots due to lack of water. In addition to have around 300 mails on my main containing seeds.

I sincerely regret offering to do the cultivating/apothecary for the Guild, especially seeing as the scavengers/butchers don't scavenge/butcher anywhere near enough! MEH.....

dee777

Loyal Freddie
If you aint in a rush, it might be a good idea to wait out till the free month of people that started playing the game on release day runs off. Right now, I wouldnt want to predict how many of those will stay in the game and how many will make their "OMG ZOMG QUEUES, I QUIT!" claims true. That is interesting because right now some servers are having bad queues during prime time and if you consider playing on one of those servers, you may as well chose the one that has a healthy population.

Of course, november 13th will have another impact on the population as well.

Loneliness

Loyal Freddie
Classes is a difficult one to answer without knowing your play style and preferences, perhaps give us some ideas of types of chars you have played or like to play

I was going to leave the class out of the question because your reply is correct, my preferences change in every game. The ranger in eq was different than the one in daoc the one in daoc very different to the ranger in guildwars and the ranger in gw different to the one in wow etc etc so this question also requires very indepth discussions across many pages easier just to find out the long way.

I dont yet know the character/class concept in warhammer but i think the reason for leaving the class in the main post was because nobody likes to max a character only to think maybe a celt blademaster would have been better than the firborg blademaster or a orc shamman better than a troll shaman. Weve all seen the hundreds of ingame chats on this become a political debate with 50% I's and 50% Nay's.

Thankyou for the replys

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom