[QUESTION] Realm War erm Pages

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Not to stress Magnus and Nic but can we have a vague Eta on when this thing will start work properly? Or just a confirmation that some1 is working on it (and possibly that it got fired and you got a new guru)?
This is becoming laughable and bares no good impression on the whole Official Eu Forums also.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Also havn't seen any player statues in altdorf for a few weeks. Probably related to the website stats I guess.

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
I'm curious, because this is a style of play I really don't get at all;

Why is it so important to know who's managed to grind the most RP in a given time?

Don't get me wrong - I'm not trying to imply it's somehow sad or pathetic or anything. I just genuinely don't understand it.

Gahn

Resident Freddy

Why is it so important to know who's managed to grind the most RP in a given time?

Don't get me wrong - I'm not trying to imply it's somehow sad or pathetic or anything. I just genuinely don't understand it.

Because i pay same if not more of our Us cousins and they have it?
How many times do we have to stress it?
I pay for the same service Us customers got, i want the same service they got.
Would you accept that your credit card company would ask you same interests for a lesser service?
For example: Us Customers got a text msg everytime their card get used, but Eu ones not.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
If I'm honest Gahn, in the situation you gave, I wouldn't give a shit :p

But the realm pages are nice - great way to compare guilds, players, ranks etc. - and to find out who you are fighting against :)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Making a wild and uninformed guess, the delay on realm pages may be related to the official forums that are in the pipe and that they'll arrive together.

I'd like better realm pages but its rather far down the list of things that matter to me regarding WAR.

eksdee

FH is my second home
some people play games to compete and be in some way perceptably "the best", the realm war pages are a way to gauge this. don't see how hard that is to understand or why it is or isn't a valid way to enjoy a game or anything else. one could go as far as to say if it weren't for competition, this game wouldn't exist (along with a huge majority of other things) in the first place ;).

Cirventhor

Can't get enough of FH

I'm pretty sure most people don't care who has got x RP's in any given week, or view it as a form of "competition".

For my own part I only use it to check what guilds are active etc, and it is useful for that purpose.

GReaper

Part of the furniture

The Bartle Test might explain a bit about the things people look for in a game and the ways in which they play. Players interested in achieving high renown point rankings are most likely achievers/killers.

Hercules-DF

Fledgling Freddie
Im hoping they have decided to redo the whole site, flash sites = EPIC FAIL

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
some people play games to compete and be in some way perceptably "the best", the realm war pages are a way to gauge this. don't see how hard that is to understand or why it is or isn't a valid way to enjoy a game or anything else. one could go as far as to say if it weren't for competition, this game wouldn't exist (along with a huge majority of other things) in the first place ;).

i'm not saying its not a valid way to enjoy a game, just that its sad and pathetic ;)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
The Bartle Test might explain a bit about the things people look for in a game and the ways in which they play. Players interested in achieving high renown point rankings are most likely achievers/killers.

according to that i'm one to but i really couldn't give a rats arse about my ranking :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Its up to them how they play surely? If they want to archive high ranking then its up to them. Some people like to zerg it up some people don't, thats the beauty of an MMO. Different strokes for different folks.

As for the realm war, its the same shit as DAOC. Its pretty much a given that they will screw up any reporting feature.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I would'nt mind if it was based on actual kills and not how many undefended bo's someone has be bothered to sit around for.

eksdee

FH is my second home
well now that they changed the deathblows so that you rack up deathblows from your group and not just the deathblows you yourself get, the deathblow leaderboard should be a good way to gauge how real rvr people are doing :)

pikeh

Resident Freddy
well now that they changed the deathblows so that you rack up deathblows from your group and not just the deathblows you yourself get, the deathblow leaderboard should be a good way to gauge how real rvr people are doing :)

Is this change already in Miri?!

No Wonder my r11 Engi has 500 odd deathblows to 600 kills!

eksdee

FH is my second home
haha yeah, well i at least can't see any other way that my shaman got 10k killing blows :p

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Yeah that effect is definatly in: when you make a new character now the first time you die in rvr you complete about 6 tome unlocks as every person in the party who killed you triggers one.

Pandemic

Fledgling Freddie
there any estimate from GOA on how long it will take them to get the leaderboards up and running?

Or are they waitning for Mythic to fix something first?

Pandemic

Fledgling Freddie
ah i was wondering about that as there was something about it in the original 1.2 huge patch notes list

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom