server/realm populations

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
anyone know if theres gonna be info readily available regarding this via website or game launcher? just thinking it might help with realm populations if people see a realm is under populated they might be more inclined to join it.

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
practically all MMORPGs I've played had this (be it in a certain % the server was full, be it in the actual amount of players online at that moment). So I guess WAR will be no different.

GoldenTiger

Loyal Freddie
Dark Age of Camelot had actual #'s on their camelotherald. Warhammer has the warherald.com site that will be used once the game's released, so... I'm sure the info will be readily available there as well.

SonicBorg

Regular Freddie
Hopefully they will keep an eye on population for servers and offer incentives for joining less populated servers/factions.

Also hope that if they find that 2 out of 5 servers are just really low in population, they merge them together. (random numbers btw, not read anywhere how many servers will be around for each country)

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
Hopefully they will keep an eye on population for servers and offer incentives for joining less populated servers/factions.

Also hope that if they find that 2 out of 5 servers are just really low in population, they merge them together. (random numbers btw, not read anywhere how many servers will be around for each country)
I agree on the merging part, allthough that probably won't be needed (if you look at the amount of beta applicants :eek: )

The incentives however: I personally never had anything against it, but in daoc (when hib got bonusses to buffs and whatnot) a lot of albs were constantly whining about that. (usually just after they got their own group completely steamrolled by some hib guys who DID know how to work together). Anyways, to make a long story short: in my experience these incentives do help, but they're more often something the comunity starts to complain about. (and in alb it was that bad they actually wouldn't believe their teamwork sucked: "no, it must've been the incentives, no way I'm letting you group me, stupid infiltrator, you're a solo'er and should do just that, never mind you can take out their caster for us or keep their healer busy while we kill the rest... no, they would never win against us without their incentives. Now, let's go hunt again... and don't forget, DON'T stay close to each other, 'cause damned be us if the enemy group actually has to face us as a group too!")

(sorry for the whole crap story at the end, but it still annoys me to this very day that the average IQ of the alb players on EU servers was somewhere between 50 and 80.)

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
(sorry for the whole crap story at the end, but it still annoys me to this very day that the average IQ of the alb players on EU servers was somewhere between 50 and 80.)

So either EVERY SINGLE ALB ON EU SERVERS was just as you described or more than a few of them were single-celled organisms?

Nothing like dragging up the past as we go forward into the future eh? Yay for community spirit etc etc...

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
So either EVERY SINGLE ALB ON EU SERVERS was just as you described or more than a few of them were single-celled organisms?

Nothing like dragging up the past as we go forward into the future eh? Yay for community spirit etc etc...

the latter I'm afraid... I was lucky enough to occasionally group with some intelligent fellahs, resulting in good rp 'farming'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom