Which server?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Can anyone tell me the server's which are best to play on please? I would be Order

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Don't play on Karak Eight Peaks unless you want to be outnumbered and zerged.
I have some order alts on Karak Azghal and it so far seems to be relatively balanced, but I have only got to t3 so far so I don't know about end game on that server.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I was automatically transferred to Karak Norn. Did a few BG's and we lost 10-500...asked in region if Order still get raped and loads of people said yes. Cancelled subs...worst £8 i ever spent...

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Yeah hopefully 1.3 will somehow magically balance things as the game has been out a while now and things are still very unbalanced.

Case

Fledgling Freddie
I was automatically transferred to Karak Norn. Did a few BG's and we lost 10-500...asked in region if Order still get raped and loads of people said yes. Cancelled subs...worst £8 i ever spent...

I`d say Norn is fairly balanced atm currently.

klasa

Loyal Freddie
Are you joking, destor attacking 2 forts at the same time permanently. That's the idea of a balanced server when you talk to a destro fan boy :kissit:

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Yeah its fucking bullshit. Even the cinematic trailer shows destruction beating the shit out of order lol!

I did a few BG's and we scored 10-20 points, destruction scored 500!

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Yeah its fucking bullshit. Even the cinematic trailer shows destruction beating the shit out of order lol!

I did a few BG's and we scored 10-20 points, destruction scored 500!

Destruction seem to run alot more premades than order but, a order premade will usualy win against a destruction premade. PUGs are just free renown. SC's need a rating system to make it fun for all or the system needs to try and match solo joins with solo joins when possible.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
Destruction seem to run alot more premades than order but, a order premade will usualy win against a destruction premade. PUGs are just free renown. SC's need a rating system to make it fun for all or the system needs to try and match solo joins with solo joins when possible.

I dunno civy

From a destro point of view just about every scenario these days has at least one premade group in - one well worked bomb group just about owns pugs.

I think it would be nice if there was a mutliple queing or challenge system where you could organise a three group premade and challenge other three group premades for Reikland hills or something similar.

Norn was balanced and apathy or the xp/rp bonus has resulted in the balance slowly returning over the last couple of evenings but the blind burlock move has resulted in a destro advantage when everyone comes out to play.

I don't think there are any English European balanced servers anymore.

D

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
I don't think there are any English European balanced servers anymore.

K8P is fairly balancd offpeak, but it's a Destruction-farming-Order fest onpeak.

I agree with your comment, and would point the finger squarely at these uncontrolled transfers GoA did a few weeks/months back. Idiots!

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!

It's true - the whole server balance rests on the results of a few PuG Scenario results ;)

I have days where I get drubbed 500-0 by order premades in every scenario :p

I would say that destruction seem to be doing better in t4 campaign at the moment - I see us in the order forts more often than they're in ours, but it's often that Order have captured one fortress while we're pushing on the other two. So it's far from "game over for order".

Edit: just logged in and got booted to The Maw because Order are in IC :p

Don't be such a wimp, I've still to kill you - and if that happens then you should give up playing any games really... no hope if even I can kill you :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

thats because you dont have Roo on you're side ;)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Are you joking, destor attacking 2 forts at the same time permanently. That's the idea of a balanced server when you talk to a destro fan boy :kissit:

were just returning the favour now :)

tho i have to agree that 3 - 4 fort fights a day with often enough, 1 or 2 capital sieges is getting old now.

first few times was really fun but now it doesent feel all that "epic" anymore. now its just log in *yawn* at another capital siege and log off.

rynnor

Rockhound
SC's need a rating system to make it fun for all or the system needs to try and match solo joins with solo joins when possible.

That would make it a lot more fun - I tend to think the T4 SCs should be split into 40 and sub 40 so that those who want to use em for levelling dont get hammered by RR60+ opponents.

Its a shame they didnt learn from the failure of WoW in scenarios - that became very dull when it got to the stage of pre-made groups constantly appearing and the same thing has happened in WAR.

People even run Warbands in T1 now lol - thats kinda sad - I enjoyed the fragfest there :)

mooSe_

FH is my second home
There should be a special match making system for pre-made guild groups, and some kind of rating system with it too. This would remove the guild groups from the scenarios and make things feel a lot more competitive. Something like HA in guildwars.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Order PBAOE bomb groups have a significant advantage atm over anything Destruction can put together generally. Order are winning scenarios mostly but in most cases it has very little to do with 'skill'. Naturally, this is generalising, some Order groups are of course very good indeed.

On Norn, Order tend to rule during the day and more Destruction play in the evenings. Statistically, its fairly even. However, it can also be said statistically if the top half of your body is in the oven and your lower half is in the freezer you are comfortably warm.

I think rage quitting based on one session's play says more about the player than the game. The game is flawed and there are imbalances but not as badly as the detractors would have you believe. The flaws and imbalances tend to come to the fore in specific situations, such as Forts. There are a few areas that have been criminally left unfixed since inception such as city sieges. However, these don't affect 90% of gameplay since they are at the end of RvR goals. Getting to these points is a lot of fun. It just becomes a bit of a shambles once you are supposed to have 'won'.

Open field RvR is fun. You can fight in zergs, groups or solo. In each case you need to look for the fights that suit your style of play and show a bit of savvy on the battlefield. WAR, and DAoC before it, both require that you have more patience choosing your fights than the kiddy insta-PvP of WoW upon which I look with nothing but scorn.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
My guild ran a two group pbaoe WB, two sorcs two healers and a tank and mdps or two tanks.

It was boring, we wiped 50 order players in 40 seconds on our own, we didn't lose a scenario and we played against some of the other order pbaoe guild groups. Aswith everything there are people that have skill and use these abilities and make them seem far worse than any old random pug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom