Serious poll.

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by eneq

Like using the word Gay when having fun with friends etc etc.

I call them kids. And they prolly are much younger then me.
I call them uneducated. And i still think they are uneducated in my point of view.
To call someone cunt when debatting is very uneducated TO me.
Becasue then they havent been educated how you discuss things.

Or do you think ending the post with "U CUNT" is a very smart and educated thing to do ?

Soz must go have class.

gay Pronunciation Key (g)
adj. gay·er, gay·est

1. Of, relating to, or having a sexual orientation to persons of the same sex.
2. Showing or characterized by cheerfulness and lighthearted excitement; merry.
3. Bright or lively, especially in color: a gay, sunny room.
4. Given to social pleasures.
5. Dissolute; licentious.

so because you only know one meaning of the word gay, all other ppl using it are uneducated and kids ... uuuh ok

/me shuffels away before the thought police arives

and btw if you find it so offensive, put the freeking filter on

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Hmm so basically u flaming my spelling ?? and my use of the english grammar ? And u flamming me becaúse im a schoolteacher ?

Well u r Sick.
So i wont comment more on them issues. Try to stay ontopic stop next time u post.

Uhm... not really.

You feel offended by the 'cunt'... I feel offended by your pathetic spelling attempts. *shrugs*
I don't know... I can't take anyone seriously who feels the need to write in d%d after proclaiming to be a school teacher. *shrugs*

Must be the Ekscaliber language corruption syndrom.

E

eneq

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)

You feel offended by the 'cunt'... I feel offended by your pathetic spelling attempts. *shrugs*
I don't know... I can't take anyone seriously who feels the need to write in d%d after proclaiming to be a school teacher. *shrugs*

Must be the Ekscaliber language corruption syndrom.

Well thats the difference between me and you.
Basically u saying all people that cant spell english are making you offended....
Do you understand how stupid that sounds ?
So all the kids that havent learned English should not even talk/speak to you.
And about 80 % of world pop shouldnt even try to communicate with you becasue they will only offend you.

Think of all the teachers in the world would be offended when kids trying to learn new language. And all the teachers trying to get adults to learn New language.

Its people like you that make me going..
"hmmm He really cant be serious in what he saying...."

"I can't take anyone seriously who feels the need to write in d%d after proclaiming to be a school teacher"

d%d ??
Whats that ?
This is no flame. Just wondering what it is.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Well thats the difference between me and you.
Basically u saying all people that cant spell english are making you offended....
Do you understand how stupid that sounds ?
So all the kids that havent learned English should not even talk/speak to you.
And about 80 % of world pop shouldnt even try to communicate with you becasue they will only offend you.

Think of all the teachers in the world would be offended when kids trying to learn new language. And all the teachers trying to get adults to learn New language.

Its people like you that make me going..
"hmmm He really cant be serious in what he saying...."

"I can't take anyone seriously who feels the need to write in d%d after proclaiming to be a school teacher"

d%d ??
Whats that ?
This is no flame. Just wondering what it is.

No... are you getting me wrong on purpose?
It's the d%d talk that ticks me off... m8, u, ur, plz... it's retarded. And it makes people talking d%d look retarded.

Get my drift, Mr. Teacher?

Hey... admit it. For a teacher, with a good school education and a university diploma (I suppose even swedish teachers need a uni diploma in order to teach), your English is pretty poor.
Shit even.

E

eneq

No... are you getting me wrong on purpose?
It's the d%d talk that ticks me off... m8, u, ur, plz... it's retarded. And it makes people talking d%d look retarded.

Get my drift, Mr. Teacher?

Hey... admit it. For a teacher, with a good school education and a university diploma (I suppose even swedish teachers need a uni diploma in order to teach), your English is pretty poor.
Shit even.

Now you just plain stupid.
Saying "plz,m8" is retarded ??
Then 99 % of them posting on this forum retarded.
Do you know what retarded are ?

Hmm you think that we go to uni and learn english to be Schoolteachers ?

I must really qoute you again
"It's the d%d talk that ticks me off... m8, u, ur, plz... it's retarded."
Thx for pointing out where you stand in this thread.....

E

Envenom2

uncle sick why dont u just shut the fuck up u stupid prick.

enechanter is'nt even english atleast hes trying to learn proper english so shut it u fucking twat

E

Erekrose

:( Oh dear oh dear oh dear :(

Now wheres my bastard sword.
Or should i say wheres my Bastard Sword.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Now you just plain stupid.
Saying "plz,m8" is retarded ??
Then 99 % of them posting on this forum retarded.
Do you know what retarded are ?

Hmm you think that we go to uni and learn english to be Schoolteachers ?

I must really qoute you again
"It's the d%d talk that ticks me off... m8, u, ur, plz... it's retarded."
Thx for pointing out where you stand in this thread.....

...?
I think it's you being a bit on the slow side.

Saying "plz m8" is crippling the English language, isn't it?
It sounds retarded. And it leaves a bad impression.

99% of the forum posters being retarded?
I'd rather say... 90%

And I would think that English is part of Swedish school education, right?

I pity the children you teach, Eneq.
"today, m8's we will laern how to spell proberly. ne questions, plz?"

E

eneq

Originally posted by old.Niljindil

Why does using insults in a conversation has to be about "lack of education"? Thats why we are all disagreeing with you, cant you understand that?

You want to judge everyone by just saying that "anyone who does this, is that. Why? Because i say so!".

The thing about different social upbringing is one thing, the thing about saying it in a way that you make others think that their upbringing is worse than yours, thats whats pissing people off(at least its pissing me off, thats for sure).

Just because we are in a different social class/familiy etc etc, doesnt mean it makes you right and everyone else wrong, and if you didnt know, the "im just asking" you tried to do in the first post of yours really really didnt make you look like you werent of that opinion yourself.

Ahhh soz it wasnt my intent.
"The thing about different social upbringing is one thing, the thing about saying it in a way that you make others think that their upbringing is worse than yours, thats whats pissing people off(at least its pissing me off, thats for sure)."

I really hope i dont said that i was on a higher social class or anything. That my upbringing is much better from others. If i have sounded that way i do sincerely apoligize. I can only blame my lack of time making posts and my bad English if it sounded that way.

This thread have made many questions clear to me.
I didnt know that the use of "cunt" and swearing was that social accepted in other countries. And other social classes (mine not higher or anything).

And thus my question have been answered from first post really.
I dont say that its ok with me. I still find it rude and unpolite way to make conversation. But thats MHO.

I still think people saying "gay, retarded, rape, etc etc" is very ¤#%¤# people.
But if poeple swear all the time i know its custom in their country, social class.

"Why does using insults in a conversation has to be about "lack of education"? Thats why we are all disagreeing with you, cant you understand that?"

Well i think they are uneducated because im educated that discussion shouldnt mean insult other humans.
Its rather stupid to insult people when discussing or conversation. Because insulting means hurting other people. And why should i do that when not agreeing with them ?

I dont mean that they are un-educated in other areas.
Just in the art of discussing and conversation.

F

FredaOfAxiom

An interesting post with some good replies. Im 36 (gasp Im really old!!! :eek6: ) with 3 kids the eldest being nearly 15. The one thing I have noticed is the derogatory terms have changed but the meaning still remains the same. Hummm now what were my "teenage" terms...

Thalid*- same as moron/retard of today.
Twat - same as cunt.
Poof - gay term used now.
Slag/Flora**/slut/tart - Humm nothing new there then ;)

You can see that although the words have changed the meaning and context they're used in hasn't. I do swear and my best friend brings out the worsed in me... When she coughs I tell her to "choke you bitch!" and vice versa. We insult each other and call each other fat old tarts but does this mean I don't care? Of course not! But I only use this type of language with her as we understand where we're coming from and it's not meant to offend. If either of us crosses that line then they get told.

I don't swear in game or to a great extent in RL and I find the words of some ppl to be a little ermmm over the top but then I live and let live.

Freda

*- Taken from Thalidomide a disability caused by a drug by the same name.

** - Flora is a well know margarine in the UK and spreads easily so hence this was used as an alternate to being easy to bed.

O

old.Niljindil

Well i think they are uneducated because im educated that discussion shouldnt mean insult other humans.
Its rather stupid to insult people when discussing or conversation. Because insulting means hurting other people. And why should i do that when not agreeing with them ?

I dont mean that they are un-educated in other areas.
Just in the art of discussing and conversation.

You really don't get it do you?

See, my friends and I, use the word "gay" very frequently, not because we want to offend any homosexual person in any way, but because to us, that word means more or less nothing. Seriously, we use it for ANYTHING, not just comments about something being bad or crap or whatever, but because its, well, fast to say and we have just overused it when talking(don't ask me WHY, because i don't know, its just language evolution).

I mean, when someone says a joke, i sometimes say "Hoho, that was funny", but, thats such a.. uhm.. dull phrase. At least the swedish translation.

"Hoho, det där var roligt", any Swede(from around my neighbourhood) around my age will probobly think im making fun of them if i say that, because, its so, like i said, dull.

However, moslty i say "hoho, that was so gay!". And then me and my friends understand me directly. The joke could have been kinda bad, but still funny in a way, and the word funny just can't describe that, since it wasn't EXACTLY funny. So instead we input the word "gay".

While someone who has been called that(for being a homosexual, or just doesn't like people using "offensive" words) might be offended, if they would just say that i would kindly explain that it wasn't meant in a bad way against anyone homosexual whatsoever, and if they can't understand/accept that ill just ignore them and move on.

The thing is, i don't use it to be "cool", "funny" or anything like that, but some point down along my life we started using that word as a "variable" and since then it doesn't mean ANYTHING, nothing.

Just take a word, that you use, that actually means something else, but that you use with close friends(if you don't have such words then i suppose you will never understand). Its the exact same thing here. Just an "offensive" word. Thats what happened with that word in the first place, it used to mean merry etc, but now it seems most people use it as describing a homosexual person, but it doesn't mean that to me, unless its someone i DON'T know saying the word, then ill think about who he/she is, and in what circumstance its used, after that ill assume what he/she meant. I will not start rambling about "You are uneducated! Offensive language is for kids!" etc etc, because that is just as childish as using offensive language for what it is. For example MEANING to make fun of someone with a word you know they will take as offensive.

Anyway, i don't know what you mean by uneducated, but i do know that if you say that again, i will simply stop listening to you, since its horribly immature to judge people like you do.

Hmm, i really don't understand what ive said up here, but anyway, ill say what i really wanted to say, regarding what i quoted up above all this text.

You are educated that "discussion shouldnt mean insult other humans". Ok, i will tell this now, no more rambling.

WHEN I SAY OFFENSIVE(by your definition) WORDS IN EVERYDAY LIFE I DO NOT MEAN TO INSULT ANYONE.

There, in large letters, if you manage to misread or something.

I say it again, i do not mean to insult anyone that im not talking to, ever. If im talking to/about a group of people, say homosexuals, then anyone who is a homosexual is "who im talking to". If i say "Haha, you are such a gay" to someone who is NOT, then im not actually reffering to him being homosexual, understand? It obviously has some other meaning, or i wouldn't have used to fricken word!(and no, there is nothing wrong in being a homosexual, there is nothing wrong in anything, im just using this as an example since i actually use this word and can comment from experience).

Its like when you were bullied in school(i was that, i had "redish" hair when i was a kid), then EVERYONE told me to just ignore what the evil kids said about my hair and move on. Thats what everyone should do, stop taking words so f***ing personal!

If they arent directed at you, they arent meant to be offensive, get it? If you do, then kindly shut your mouth, if you dont, then say so, so i can try to make you understand!

D

Danya

Don't bother sick, I already mentioned his d00d speak and got blanked after one reply. He clearly doesn't want to talk about how stupid he sounds, just to say "I AM RIGHT AND U R WRONG!!" to everyone.

B

Branco

I really cant uderstant your preocupation, language in internet uses to be diferent than in the common world, i dont go calling my friends, gay elf, usually but think that in espain we talk a bit more rude that in most of the european countries and dont need to call it sense of umor, its only a way to enfatice the sense of the expresion.
I played some espanish only online games, and the words used was usually very rude, both in good and bad way, we could call someone bitch like a friend and bitch like a bitch dont touch my eggs, but the really important is not the words u say but the use u do of they, ofensive racial language, for example, i could call someone Black (not sure if u use this expresion in UK) or maybe tell "is because im black" but i never wanna say that black are bad.
So i think u must ask yourself if your preocupation comes from your poor sense of be just kidding and having a fun time with internet friends without racial, sexual or any other way of discrimination.

P.S: Sorry abaut bad expresions, my english is poor when i try to express some complicate terms

Salute to all you cunts from a spanish bitch :p

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Envenom2
uncle sick why dont u just shut the fuck up u stupid prick.

enechanter is'nt even english atleast hes trying to learn proper english so shut it u fucking twat

why dont u shut the fuck up yuo faggety faggy faggot fag?
stfu m8 plz u cuntz0r?

He is trying to learn proper English? How about you give it a shot, sport? Scholastic distributes some good English for kids titiles.

D

Danya

That's just normal envenom sick, be lucky you've never met him in game. :p
He's not the most hated person on hib/exc for nothing! :p

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Danyan
That's just normal envenom sick, be lucky you've never met him in game. :p
He's not the most hated person on hib/exc for nothing! :p

... you will develop a brain tumor playing on Ekscaliber, Danyan.
You should have defected to Hib/Pryd. ;)

E

elerand

No matter what we attempt to substiute a regular swear word with (unless it's so utterly vague only 2 people standing on a mountain in the himalayas understand it) someone will hold some value to it and feel offended.

I often feel the onus (stay back you perv freaks!) is on me to not be offended by the words themselves but the context and intent with which they are delivered.

Most who know me would consider me well spoken but I can swear like a trooper but only with those I know will find it acceptable. There are some words that are so commonly used as a matter of exasperation few would be offended.

Oh and for those who don't know, feck is not a different way of saying fuck, feckless means someone is useless at something or plain stupid. Reckon all those who thought it mean fuck need to raise their minds out the gutter :p

E

Ensceptifica

I can only blame my lack of time making posts and my bad English if it sounded that way.
Stop hiding behind those excuses every time someone wipes the floor with your arguments, and just admit when you're wrong.

E

eneq

Originally posted by Ensceptifica

Stop every time wipes the floor with you admit you .
Always loved your qoutes..

Still thinks the "i adopt envenom. Get lost" is the best

E

eneq

And I would think that English is part of Swedish school education, right?

I pity the children you teach, Eneq.
"today, m8's we will laern how to spell proberly. ne questions, plz?"

Hope you not as stupid as you sound, or else your genes wont progress any further.

Yes you are right we learn English in school.

Did i say i was a English teacher ?
Where did i say that ?

Do you know kind of schoolteacher i am ?

You so narrowminded it hurt my head thinking of it.

BTW ( soz for offending you) this are the ones you calling retarded.
Old.Chipper
Old.kerosene
Cowled
Novamir
OLD.Tzeentech
TLeilax
apollocreed
Bedrocthehero
OLD.Arnor
Kagato
Lessurl
lofff
And that only on first page of this thread !!

F

FredaOfAxiom

Was in a group with my low lvl lastnight when someone said the c-u-n-t word... My thought's as a woman? What a wanker! :p

E

eneq

QUOTE]Originally posted by old.Niljindil

WHEN I SAY OFFENSIVE(by your definition) WORDS IN EVERYDAY LIFE I DO NOT MEAN TO INSULT ANYONE.

"Haha, you are such a gay" to someone who is NOT, then im not actually reffering to him being homosexual, understand?

Its like when you were bullied in school(i was that, i had "redish" hair when i was a kid), then EVERYONE told me to just ignore what the evil kids said about my hair and move on.

If they arent directed at you, they arent meant to be offensive, get it? If you do, then kindly shut your mouth, if you dont, then say so, so i can try to make you understand!
[/QUOTE

I understand you perfectly. I know what you trying to say. I understand your point. I DONT agree with it, but i understand it.

Do you understand our point ? That using a word that defines human beings in a funny way. Even if u dont mean to offend, they are clearly offended by you using that word.

IF all Gays said to you that when you using the word gay in a funny remark, they get offended, will you stop using the word ?
Or will you just ignore them and move on ?

I would never say to you, that you should ignore the idiots calling you names for your hair. I would call them for what they are. Racists (sp ). To ignore them is to point out that they are right to behave in such stupid manner.

There is a qoute that sums it up best. Something about "evil will win if all good men do nothing."

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

BTW ( soz for offending you) this are the ones you calling retarded.
Old.Chipper
Old.kerosene
Cowled
Novamir
OLD.Tzeentech
TLeilax
apollocreed
Bedrocthehero
OLD.Arnor
Kagato
Lessurl
lofff
And that only on first page of this thread !!

Did you set up this list by percentage (your famous 99%...) or by actual d%d talk?
I really can't be arsed to read all the pointless posts.

'soz' for offending me? Hehe... that one made me laugh.

And I would say you are a gym teacher... judging by your thickness.
When did I ever imply that you teach English?

D

Danya

I think it's his "make myself look like a twat" thread... :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom