Self Defence.

Repent Reloaded

Fledgling Freddie
I have been to many self defence classes and other forms of martial art combat lesions, JuJitsu, Judo, Thai Boxing, Wu Shu.

They all have their strengths and weaknesses, then I came across the ultimate art, its streetwise, its cleaver and it can solve any problem, this art is new, made in the 20th Century by one magnificent race, the English, I have used it for many years without even knowing and Im sure you have aswell at some point in your life, mainly on somebody younger then you or somebody who has different opinions.... Ladies and gentlemen, I give you: British Kung Fu!

http://www.kontraband.com/show/popup.asp?ID=339&TTVAL=2

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
It might have been funny if it wasn't so eerily accurate. :/

Repent Reloaded

Fledgling Freddie
Sissyfoo said:
It might have been funny if it wasn't so eerily accurate. :/

Dude, cheer up. How often do you see *none old clips* on ere eh ? giz me some fuckin cudo's mate.

Buffer

Fledgling Freddie
so unfunny

I should charge you for my bandwidth/download time

Tilda

Was slightly funny the first time I saw it.... about 2 years ago :p

Repent Reloaded

Fledgling Freddie
pissed urself eh ? u might wanna clean that up :)

but yeah, I woke up at 4am (PC was still on) and had to watch it again, so funny shizneh there.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
gib couse please! last time i tried it it went the wrong way >_< (sucks to get kicked by 2 bouncers :<)

Repent Reloaded

Fledgling Freddie
swords said:
Class.
Jitsu > British Kung Fu though :p

This clip although funny does make a point, if you choose an art for self defence, if you dont practise daily, doing the same basic routine every day, you'll forget it in a fight and get utterly twatted by the "british kung fu"

Also each art has a different level of dedication, for example Jitsu is a pretty complex art which would take years to get to grips with (able to use it effectively in a real fight) then you have Thai Boxing (closest art to real fighting) which you can use in a couple of months since the moves are so simple but so devastating (one of the most devastating arts)

Black belts who have done the arts for many years have been twatted by a random person, I think it comes down to the individual as well as the amount of training they do, remember not everybody is a fighter.

even if someone is amazin at an art, people fight in gangs now and guns are starting to get involved, its like expansion packs for DAoC new unfair shit is hitting our streets all the time, honour means nothing now :(

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
If you're crazy enough, start training Krav Maga. It's fast, efficient and brutal, quite different from the "traditional" self defence arts. The basic idea is how to stay alive, no matter what you have to do.

mts

Fledgling Freddie
Lumikki said:
If you're crazy enough, start training Krav Maga. It's fast, efficient and brutal, quite different from the "traditional" self defence arts. The basic idea is how to stay alive, no matter what you have to do.

Krav Maga is the shit (israeli military of origin). But I think you're gonna have trouble finding classes that teach civilians.. it's ridiculously brutal

Repent Reloaded

Fledgling Freddie
I think I've seen that on Tv with the SAS or something, it might of been something else but the style gets updated to deal with guns (disarming+breakage) or sommit, I saw this woman disarm a guy who had an AK while breaking his fingers and arm.
The only thing that I dislike about Thai boxing, Krav Maga etc... is that you cant use it in a fight without really hurting somebody, most fights arnt extremely personal or life threatening and when ur taught only to break bones etc... and seriously hurt someone, its hard :(

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
Plenty of Krav Maga courses here in Finland atleast, it's easy to get in as long as you don't have a criminal record.

Yes I agree, it's way too brutal to use most of the moves in a normal fight, but big part of the civilian Krav Maga training is about how to control your skills so you don't end up killing people with it. Military / Police versions are a whole different story.

A friend of mine who trains it demostrated some moves and all I can say is wow, extremely efficient when done right and without unecessary force usage you don't end up with a body count ;) The basic ripostes & counter strikes, blocks, kicks and chokes can come very handy for a small person like me and they are not hard to master either.

swords

Can't get enough of FH
I doubt i'd use most of the throws i know in a real fight, though my style does alot of locks, breaks holds counters and crit strikes.

Repent Reloaded

Fledgling Freddie
My current style is british kung fu (we'll call it) with some thai boxing thrown in. Im not gonna stand there in my thai stance and just take the shin bone out of somebodies leg in a controled manner, Im gonna run up and twat'em, let out some anger etc... and if they leave themselfs open I'll do a few thai moves, just do what you can imo, if you see an opening, take it.

YOU FUCKING SLAG! :twak:

Ala

Fledgling Freddie
I didn't wanna click on those evul pop up things :(

Btw Repent - I was under the impression lots of people here called you an idiot, etc. Why was that?

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
lol @ that clip

any fights with windmilling in is worth a watch tbh

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Back on topic.
Now we know how to defend ourselves against Physical attack, we move onto verbal abuse.

One of the pinacles of verbal self defence has to be the ''Im Rubber, you're glue'' style.
Though my sister swears by the ''You big Fat gay'' method.
Sadly theres a great lack of people using the ''Coherent argument'' method these days :(

Adari

Part of the furniture
I don't want another flame-repent-war in here, hence I cleaned this thread up a bit. Do not post random insults or off topic crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom