News Burka clad axemen raid selfridges...

rynnor

Rockhound
Or just an armed robbery, Mr. Kneejerk.

Up London just a few weeks after that guy was butchered in Woolwich I'm pretty sure people were wondering tbh.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Guy getss chopped up? Terrorism!
Store is robbed? Terrorism!

Next week;

Muslim walks into a bar, the bartender looks at the man and asks; Terrorist?

Bonus points for hidden meaning.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Or just an armed robbery, Mr. Kneejerk.

Hmm, I'd be fairly sure that the choice of Burkhas was to scare people away from interfering; I would imagine most people's initial thought was "terrorist" and to run in the opposite direction; which is what these guys wanted. From the news report it looks like the ones who were tackled by the public were clearly identifiable as robbers not terrorists by the time they got jumped (bags of watches and jewellery spilling all over the street).

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
We dont have muslims around here so help me on this one..I have to remove my bike helmet in banks and many shops...what do they do about burkhas?

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
If you take out burkas out of the equation, yeah, it'd be pretty suspicious walking into a bank with a full bike outfit and helmet on top of that.

Job

I was specifically asking you not to take Burkhas out of the equation in my question...but thanks for your thoughts anyway.

Chilly

Balls of steel
We dont have muslims around here so help me on this one..I have to remove my bike helmet in banks and many shops...what do they do about burkhas?
They are tolerated because they are part of very old religious traditions.

Job

Hmmm..like human sacrifice...wheres that ceremonial dagger?

Chilly

Balls of steel
Oh come on. Going around telling people they can't wear some clothes to comply with their religion is insane. The whole point of the UK and our society is tolerance and culture.

Job

Im note sure if the UK has a point...let alone a whole one.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Im note sure if the UK has a point...let alone a whole one.

I'm sure if you pick a country you'd sooner be in we can rustle up a one way ticket for you. Preferably pick somewhere with no internet.....

Job

I have no answer to that..youve just told me to fuck off.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Hmm, I'd be fairly sure that the choice of Burkhas was to scare people away from interfering; I would imagine most people's initial thought was "terrorist" and to run in the opposite direction; which is what these guys wanted. From the news report it looks like the ones who were tackled by the public were clearly identifiable as robbers not terrorists by the time they got jumped (bags of watches and jewellery spilling all over the street).
I don't know tbh, I'm not saying that their approach couldn't have been influenced by recent events. I was involved in an armed robbery situation in a nightclub I was managing back along and the first thing that goes through your head when balaclava'd folks are running at you with baseball bats and a gun (which turned out to be fake but ofc we didn't know that at the time) is "Holy shit I'm just going to do what they want". We'd obviously not just had a guy beheaded down the road a few weeks previously so maybe these guys were taking advantage of recent events to reduce the chance of interference or maybe they would've gone in dressed like that with axes anyway.

The point is there were a couple of folk in the Lee Rigby thread who were practically foaming at the mouth at the prospect of it kicking off with the EDL et al. It doesn't help matters to even mention terrorism in relation to what was, at its core, a robbery and nothing more.

Job

And in the same context Im starting up a scam pilot training school in Afghanistan..we'll be flying plsnes disguised as drones...but of course its just a flying licence scam...what are they getting so upset about?

Embattle

FH is my second home
I love it when you see a person using a Burka to hide stuff they've stolen, certainly a novel use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom