Politics Scottish Independance.....Thoughts?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
WHO THE FUCK CARES ABOUT A FUCKING TENNIS PLAYER JESUS SUFFERING FUCK FACING CHRIST.

HE HITS BALLS ACROSS A NET FOR A LIVING. NOONE CARES EXCEPT FOR TOTAL BORING CUNTS.

You cared enough to rage over it :D

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Right, stupid question, I could probably find it somewhere but y'all know - Is this voted by area or by people, IE Aberdeen says no, or 136354613452345 people in Aberdeen says Yes and 134613456256 says No?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
So when I wake up the UK will either be considerably smaller... or it won't.

Gwadien

The Beeb seem to be obsessed with these;

_77679904_reuters.jpg

I bet they said we'll make you famous on The Day if you rig all the votes in your caravan to No.

Gwadien

Also, if No wins, we should send Boris in a Knights uniform with a St Georges cross on it to Edinburgh.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
A lot of political pundits, MSPs and MPs talking about that whatever the result, politics in England will also need to change.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Politics does need a change, a massive one away from the posh twat society having all the control and acting like self righteous twats. That much is true.

I really am hoping for a NO vote, but with a serious look in politics and elections workings as the outcome

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
A lot of political pundits, MSPs and MPs talking about that whatever the result, politics in England will also need to change.

English politics has needed to change for years. But it won't. Not meaningfully...

I really am hoping for a NO vote, but with a serious look in politics and elections workings as the outcome

Politics in England will change superficially. A yes vote in Scotland would change the landscape totally, a no vote will not really change it much other than superficially.

A no vote is a vote for superficial bullshit change...

Corran

Part of the furniture
English politics has needed to change for years. But it won't. Not meaningfully...

Politics in England will change superficially. A yes vote in Scotland would change the landscape totally, a no vote will not really change it much other than superficially.

A no vote is a vote for superficial bullshit change...

A no vote is to make sure my long term future is protected as oppose to being completely unknown and possibly worthless. Sure I could have a million Salamond dimes, but if they equate to £0.05 it isn't going to be doing me a lot of good in the real world!

old.user4556

Wow.

First few results in - Scotland are so far rejecting independence. I'm surprised at the No support in the islands.

Orkney - 67% No, 33% Yes
Eilean Siar - 53% No, 47% Yes
Shetland - 64%, 36% Yes
Clackmannonshire - 54% No, 46% Yes
Inverclyde - 50.9%, 49.1% - very very close, but that's an SNP spot that they expected to demolish. Clearly they didn't.

There's a lot to go, but there's a clear message. The Glasgow results (the biggest) is the true indicator, I expect that to be more Yes than No.

Gwadien

Wow.

First few results in - Scotland are so far rejecting independence. I'm surprised at the No support in the islands.

Orkney - 67% No, 33% Yes
Eilean Siar - 53% No, 47% Yes
Shetland - 64%, 36% Yes
Clackmannonshire - 54% No, 46% Yes
Inverclyde - 50.9%, 49.1% - very very close, but that's an SNP spot that they expected to demolish. Clearly they didn't.

There's a lot to go, but there's a clear message. The Glasgow results (the biggest) is the true indicator, I expect that to be more Yes than No.
& it's the highest population, so that matters.

old.user4556

Renfrewshire - 52.8% No, 47.2% Yes
Dundee - 42.7% No, 57.3 Yes

Surprised at Renfrewshire, again strong SNP in Renfrew but Dundee was a guaranteed Yes - huge SNP support for a very disgruntled city.

Corran

Part of the furniture
well dundee result cut the advantage No had massively. infact it more then halved the lead

old.user4556

West Dunbartonshire - 46% No, 54% Yes

It's still about 51% No, 49% Yes

Corran

Part of the furniture
glasgow result expect soon, want to see that before i decide on sleeping or not. Even 1% either way will make a big difference. Though 75% turnout a bit low there.

edit:
Stirling is a no.. yeahy. that my vote there :D

old.user4556

Falkirk - 53% No, 47% Yes

Again surprised, a lot of poor working class there.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
So most of Scotland by land mass could vote no but be out shouted by Glasgow Edinburgh and Aberdeen together if the difference is enough.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Quite a bit to go yet, not looking good so far though.

1. NO 496,256
  2. YES 407,140

old.user4556

Angus - 56% No, 44% Yes
Aberdeen - 59% No, 41% Yes
Dumfries & Galloway - 66% No, 34% Yes
East Renfrewshire - 63% No, 37% Yes
East Dunbartonshire - 63% No, 37% Yes

Nonononononononono.

The oil capital of Europe says "do one".

old.user4556

So most of Scotland by land mass could vote no but be out shouted by Glasgow Edinburgh and Aberdeen together if the difference is enough.

Correct, but Aberdeen and two surrounding Edinburgh councils are No so far.

Corran

Part of the furniture
look at how close the vote is though still. Just imagine what would happen if the SNP actually got concrete information on all the important subjects before the vote. I really do think that if they had things set in stone as to how everything would work then they may well have won the vote. It is there for the taking right now, but this error will likely mean needing to wait at least another 2 decades before another attempt can be made.

At the moment it looking good for NO, but it can still change. Funny thing is in the past few days alot of people that my wife went to school with that you would expect to be a YES vote suddenly decided to go NO.

old.user4556

Absolutely, it's not over. Glasgow will really show how it is.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Absolutely, it's not over. Glasgow will really show how it is.
aye, although 120k of the 480k possible did not even bother voting. So that reduces the swing ability a bit. Mind you with news about the disability/incapacity cuts that the SNP would need to make will hurt them in Glasgow given the amount of addicts etc that live on this. (yes it the same in all major cities, but glasgow really has more then it share of dodgy folk)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom