Scammer

Misleath

Fledgling Freddie
Well if you cba to get a firewall you shouldn't deserve to have a Internet connection.

Surfing on the Internet without firewall is like having unprotected sex with someone that has HIV.

Martok

Part of the furniture
Misleath said:
Well if you cba to get a firewall you shouldn't deserve to have a Internet connection.

Surfing on the Internet without firewall is like having unprotected sex with someone that has HIV.

Hate to say it but hes right i use 56K connection and even i use a firewall with a active scanning virus checker it slows down your connection but tbh for the little bit it slows you down the gains of having it in place are much larger then the little lag you get from time to time and if your on Broadband / adsl then you shouldnt even notice it tbh just dont be downloading load of crap at the same time and you will be fine.

i think we have to take bleam to internet awearness classes :kissit:

Revz

Fledgling Freddie
Bleam said:
perfect guess, pc is on 24/7, scanned y'day and had 50+ Virusses and shit, dnno what is what just let the scanner do the job
about firewall, won't be installing it as it's crap and slowign down

This sounds so much like the previous account hacking / scam thing (involving Darwin wasn't it?) that I can't believe people aren't learning by now. Whether or not it was actually you at the keyboard your account performed the illegal actions and your account will be held responsible. In fact you even write like Darwin did, are you sure you don't know him?

Misleath

Fledgling Freddie
I don't know how the laws of Internet works in other countries, but atleast in Finland it works this way. The owner of the Internet account is responsible for actions performed from the computer connected. So therefore if you get hacked and someone does something from your computer and you can't prove that someone else did it is you who commited the crime. If you leave your computer on and one of your friends does something illegal from your computer the owner of the Internet account is responsible.

And don't come dragging with logs etc, logs can be so easily manipulated.

Graknak

Fledgling Freddie
It simply doesn't make sense, a scammer "stealing" ingame cash to payoff an ingame bill? Thinking he's like Robin fcking Hood orso, steal from the Rich give to the Poor??
Some strong roleplay going on here if ya ask me ;)

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Martok said:
Hate to say it but hes right i use 56K connection and even i use a firewall with a active scanning virus checker it slows down your connection

so bleam, do you have a 56k connection then?

GimpStrole

Fledgling Freddie
Revz said:
This sounds so much like the previous account hacking / scam thing (involving Darwin wasn't it?) that I can't believe people aren't learning by now. Whether or not it was actually you at the keyboard your account performed the illegal actions and your account will be held responsible. In fact you even write like Darwin did, are you sure you don't know him?
No, if he knew darwin irl then i would know him... olez bring the stfu truck in plz! and he writes NOTHING like darwin..... so olez, once again, bring in the stfu truck!

GimpStrole

Fledgling Freddie
|(@)(@)"""""""**|(@)(@)**|(@)
:m00:
(cheers olez :p )

Pharrel

Fledgling Freddie
Martok said:
Hate to say it but hes right i use 56K connection and even i use a firewall with a active scanning virus checker it slows down your connection but tbh for the little bit it slows you down the gains of having it in place are much larger then the little lag you get from time to time and if your on Broadband / adsl then you shouldnt even notice it tbh just dont be downloading load of crap at the same time and you will be fine.

i think we have to take bleam to internet awearness classes :kissit:

No, martok, i think we need to take you to get a life : :touch:

Bleam

Fledgling Freddie
As I've mailed the GOA admin, I think I made a huge mistake here

Remember me spamming my IP on irc stating that I'm shouting on winamp?
That was the same week, as I'm on a fucked up cable connection (They limit our upload VERRY strongly here, paying 10€ extra per month just for 2GB of more upload :x) and the speed is greatly reduced I don't install any of those firewall things, cba with all the setup

And Morch, sex = not internet xo(

I've been on the server since july 2003 and I'm telling yas, I'd never do smth like this :(

edit: PS: the main reason I don't have firewall isn't download speed, but upload speed, thx

Bleam

Fledgling Freddie
Morchaoron said:
here we go again... people transfering scammed/stolen stuff from account to account to account in the hope of not getting caught, with doing it through someone elses account first and in the end everyone turns out to be completely innocent :m00:
Oh btw, If I would plan this, I'd not be as stupid as that?
Do they have logs of CM's? No. Just make a item sell on my cm for that price and buy it? no one can find you? Duuh

Also, I wouldn't use same IP? I know the command ipconfig /renew?
(AND NO, I DIDNT USE THESE METHODS, EVER!)
boy oh boy... stop accusing me of this, I haven't scammed Yussef.

Nimah™

Loyal Freddie
I've known Bleam quiete a long time now, I know for sure he wouldn't do such a thing, I've traded many times with him and NEVER has he scammed me, or even tried, or for that matter even joked about it.

He is a very nice and friendly guy and offers to help me out in forms of PL, raids, etc etc, I believe it was either a trojan, as Yussef said, this is a possibility, or a hacker.

Bleam wouldn't do it,

So i really hope you dont go reporting it, show me proof, until you get proof; Stfu.

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
GOA GM's are aware of the situation, the server logs indicated the evidence I provided above. They take action against accounts as far as I know, so it's pretty hard to change their minds regarding it. They also do have CM logs. If you're dumb enough not to install a FW now, it may happen again via the usage of your accounts. So perhaps it is better if they are closed.

Bleam

Fledgling Freddie
I just got home and yes, I've downloaded a firewall..

my DMZ is also disabled now, so my ports are closed

jnh

Loyal Freddie
Bleam said:
Oh btw, If I would plan this, I'd not be as stupid as that?
Do they have logs of CM's? No. Just make a item sell on my cm for that price and buy it? no one can find you? Duuh

Also, I wouldn't use same IP? I know the command ipconfig /renew?
(AND NO, I DIDNT USE THESE METHODS, EVER!)
boy oh boy... stop accusing me of this, I haven't scammed Yussef.

just to point out, ipconfig /renew wouldnt do much, since the nature of dhcp and ip leases is that it tries to get the same ip address first, so the chances are if you did an ipconfig release and renew youd get the same ip anyway, unless of course there are alot of people switching there pcs on and connecting to the broadband service after a week away from their comp. and 2gb upload... i fail to see how a standard net user reaches that kinda limit without being some kinda of ftp server. i bet i dont upload 2gb in a month from regular usage

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
Anyway, just telling it how it is. People can form their own conclusions.

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
Bleam said:
edit: PS: the main reason I don't have firewall isn't download speed, but upload speed, thx
erm ... a firewall shouldn't affect your speeds at all ... it only checks port access and if you allow them or not ... if it's an allowed acces it grants the connection otherwise it doesn't ... that's about it ... the only thing that COULD slow you down is a virus scanner, but that normaly only happens when you download stuff as the software checks the stuff you leech ... there's is NO valid excuse for not having a firewall (and be it as simple as ZoneAlarm) on a PC that's connected 24/7 to the internet using a broadband connection ... if you don't care or cba then you are a security risk and need to be taken out of the equation imo :m00:

jnh

Loyal Freddie
zone alarm may be simple, but its probably the best software firewall out there, with port stealthing, program control etc. ive not had a single hack attempt since getting zonealarm, simply because you seem invisible if set up right (also have a hardware router/firewall). firewalls shouldnt, infact dont, upset upload speeds anyway, its incomming traffic that they check and block. oh, and if you have one of those usb adsl modems, that = security risk... big time! get a NAT router

Kyra

Longtime Songbird
We are very sorry to hear this has all happened to you Yussef. We are currently waiting for GoA to investigate and hand down their decision on the matter.

We in TDS do not condone this behavior and will act appropriately if the persons accused are found guilty of this action. However, those involved are insisting that it was someone other than them who did this. (absolutely understandable human behavior however.)

Having known Adeon for a long time, I have a hard time believing he is capable of this. Bleam, well I'll be honest, I don't know him very well. I would like to think he wouldn't do this to his best friend.

Until GoA tells us what is going on, can we please keep the name calling and accusations to a minimum?

Thanks guys :)

harm

Fledgling Freddie
Nimah™ said:
I've known Bleam quiete a long time now, I know for sure he wouldn't do such a thing, I've traded many times with him and NEVER has he scammed me, or even tried, or for that matter even joked about it.

He is a very nice and friendly guy and offers to help me out in forms of PL, raids, etc etc, I believe it was either a trojan, as Yussef said, this is a possibility, or a hacker.

Bleam wouldn't do it,

So i really hope you dont go reporting it, show me proof, until you get proof; Stfu.

:eek:

Hatred

Fledgling Freddie
I know both Adeon and Bleam, neither one of them would be capable of such behaviour, and since they both are very familiar with Arid in a good way it seems unlikely to me that he would be the name they would pass on if they did do it.

Im not being objective tho, people of GOA know their job and in the end it will be them who will decide what to do.

My common sense tells me they didn't do it, so this is why i vouch for both of them.

--Lodogran <The Dragon Senate>

Corran

Part of the furniture
too be honest after witnessing bleams behaviour in the past it wouldnt surprise me if he did do this. Dont trust him and havent for a long time. However as yussef said.

As yussef stated it the account that GoA work with. If you got no concrete proof you didnt do this yourself when all evidence points to you did (isp and account = yours) then there really no option for GoA but to ban/suspend the account.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
I haven't looked into this hacking nonsense, but from the last incident I got the impression that it's possible to route your connection through someone's else's PC. And anything you do from that point will appear to happen from the compromised PC, as his IP address will show instead of yours.

So if hacking tricks were involved, GOA will see Bleam's IP and assume he was behind it.

Bleam or Adeon might be innocent, but I'd guess one of them knows who was behind it. Why else return the money to Yussef?

You log in and find 30p extra on your account... later on you hear there's a scammer in Albion who's stolen 30p. Why would anyone assume the stolen cash is the same as that on their character, unless they have a reason to believe so. So I'm just wondering if these guys were innocent, who told them they had the stolen money... oO

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom