SB against Infiltrator

H

Haldar

Solo scout? really strange...most scouts i see with SH have Infi standing just behind them with weapons ready and a grim smile on face..

Mythic should drop SH, TS and Camo altogether...and maybe slightly increase the effectiveness of Detect Hidden.

but i think it will never happen.

And after 1.62, standard 50 lvl archer will be seen with SH at approx. 800-1200 units (have contradicting info on it). this makes SH not worth 8 pts imho. And same thing works for Mincers too...

B

belth

Originally posted by old.Emma
here`s something to boggle the mind over..

SZ/5-spec/Soulblades

remove snowblind/doublefrost from your qb and replace it with ravager..

1.60 ravager does the same damage now as 1.62 doubefrost/snowblind.. you`ll be shocked.

btw if you want the numbers then here they are.. for all you growth rate junkies

ravager pre-nurf 0.697
doublefrost post-nurf 0.712

almost identicle growth rate.. so if you wanna see just how crap SB damage is after 1.62 use that style for a bit see if you win any fights at all.

and btw after testing that out on my SZ 60 axe/la with items and rr i am getting very concered over this.. lvl 46 slash infil :/

http://www.thevortex.demon.co.uk/slashfil-46vsSB.jpg

Looks pretty damn fair those growth-rate numbers btw, if they're done using Wyrd's formula, compared to Sting, Amy, etc.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by kaod
Not all scouts/archers suck, only the ones played by sucky players who moan that they can't melee a SB which is from the melee realm and is supposed to be a scout close-up, suck.

And anyhow - with the accumulated time that Glottis has spent moaning on here for what seems an eternity, if scouts ARE that bad, he could have rolled a different class - not just bitched about it and let's face it, got nowhere.

I have no problem being owned by assasins. That is simply their job. I have no problem getting owned when an SB sneaks up on me, hits me for 50-60% of my hp, and beats the crap out of me.
I have a serious problem with an unstealthed SB running up to me from clipping range thanks to elite see hidden, and then hitting me for 600hp per round.... The SB class has only themselves to thank for getting nerfed, just like you lot bitched like mad when Necro's were overpowered due to the LoS bug.
Hitting people for 600hp from an anytime move is just asking for it.
Regards, Glottis

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by kaod
Yes but you are forgetting something here: TS has a better range than SH.
Distance is your friend. It is not a SB's friend.

TS has same range as SH, difference being a 30 minute timer on a 1 minute RA, and the fact TS will show ALL stealthed characters, instead of SH who shows only non assasins stealthed.
The range is clipping range... I believe 3000 or so.
After 1.62 this will go to 1/3 of the current range, depending on stealth spec of both players involved.
Pretty sure you know this, just did not understand the statement that TS had better range.
Regards, Glottis

A

Albbasher

Originally posted by froler-mid
its not really about dmg output. its about weaponskill. as a sb u meet infils with 50+11+ thrust all the time. u need 50 axe imo.

its much harder too land a dragonfang on a SZ then it is on a 5-spec.

weaponskill = all.

What Remi say'd ........

Albbasher 50 Skald NP

Dundee 50 SB NP

Taxx 50 Hunter

Drezz 40 Warrior SoP

C

Carlos Bananos

Originally posted by Hroft[BC]
typical Emain sutiation.

i stand and wait for enemy. Fg runs past, then turns to me, in 6-8 seconds im slammed and shreddered and nuked to death. Reason: group had scout with TS.

How would soon-be-nerfed SH help me in this situation?

Reason: you where camping a milegate.

it's only common sense to use TS at amg, as most SBs just sit there in packs of 3-4 waiting for solo scouts with camo down ;P

N

nightsorrow

Originally posted by Carlos Bananos

it's only common sense to use TS at amg, as most SBs just sit there in packs of 3-4 waiting for solo scouts with camo down ;P

lamers:p

S

stt_tts_sst

After next patch infils will unstealth when they see us. Non-stealth run>MoS

i do that since my infy was rr1 :p
dont believe me? ask ur fellow sbs :)
im 1 noob with no clue gimp infil as remi said...>.<

H

Haldar

wrong.

it was on atk-amg road, in middle of it. Approx at equal distance to amg and to atk.

and i NEVER camp amg. exactly because of TS popping, PBAE, AE mezz on doors...etc.

B

belth

wrong.

it was on atk-amg road, in middle of it. Approx at equal distance to amg and to atk.

Another place EVERYONE who's been RvR'ing in Emain even a bit knows that place is camped by SBs... Been for ages :p

H

Haldar

i know...

whole atk-amg region is SB domain

there we hunt...and are being hunted

Scout with TS can run all this distance for less than TS's 60 sec duration - and clear it out..

E

etcetra

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
I have no problem being owned by assasins. That is simply their job. I have no problem getting owned when an SB sneaks up on me, hits me for 50-60% of my hp, and beats the crap out of me.
I have a serious problem with an unstealthed SB running up to me from clipping range thanks to elite see hidden, and then hitting me for 600hp per round.... The SB class has only themselves to thank for getting nerfed, just like you lot bitched like mad when Necro's were overpowered due to the LoS bug.
Hitting people for 600hp from an anytime move is just asking for it.
Regards, Glottis

To be honest i think its a bit different to turn on god-mode, head past the milegate - target and press attack, just to get some nice rp's afterwords. Than it is to head up to a stealther and kill someone.

And if they are running unstealthed,- why dont you just run away then?

They havent got Charge or anything? ;-|

Z

Zoldot

ok I havent read all the comment but atleast most of the sb comments. look at salamurhaaja's ss. wow 139 dmg on infil.
Imagine the dmg with 30% dmg reduction, without buffs, not rr8 (I think he is that atleast someone sad something bout it), not relics, and 5 spec instead of pure SZ. and infils got 2.5 spec pts, dragonfang....

Shadowblades does NOT need to be nerfed THAT much...
Albs doesn't seem to get it. but ofcourse albs is.....just albs what can you expect from them.

flame on :)

C

Carlos Bananos

Originally posted by Zoldot
ok I havent read all the comment but atleast most of the sb comments. look at salamurhaaja's ss. wow 139 dmg on infil.
Imagine the dmg with 30% dmg reduction, without buffs, not rr8 (I think he is that atleast someone sad something bout it), not relics, and 5 spec instead of pure SZ. and infils got 2.5 spec pts, dragonfang....

Albs doesn't seem to get it. but ofcourse albs is.....just albs what can you expect from them.

139 on an infil is VERY low

250-300 is about average, -30% and your still hitting harder than infils uber 70-100 mainhand dmg.

A

Aybabtu

ofc we don't get it! i mean its vary fun to be dealing that kind of dmg and ofc you'll get upset/whinie when a nerf comes your way, you wanna stay in wonderland! BUT its not fun being at the wrong side of that axe that does somewhere inbetween 250dmg and 350...... but then again, you might not understand this cos your a......well middie, and what can you expect from them.

F

froler-mid

250-300 is about average, -30% and your still hitting harder than infils uber 70-100 mainhand dmg.

N

nightsorrow

wrong.

and i NEVER camp amg. exactly because of TS popping, PBAE, AE mezz on doors...etc.

scouts do TS-runs from atk to amg:p, enough time to clear amg to so..

U

ulke

Infils must be uberskilled then, otherwise they would never kill any sb's :eek:

C

Carlos Bananos

Originally posted by ulke
Infils must be uberskilled then, otherwise they would never kill any sb's :eek:

infil is a lot harder to play than a SB, i've played both. Left axe is overpowered, if you can't see it, think about it next time you 3-4 shot an infil who's realm rank is more than double your own.

Shadowblades do hit far harder than any other assasin (provided the circumstances are equal)

last time i posted a pic, remi pointed out that my crit alone did more damage than his mainhand cap...nuff said

personally, i welcome the nerf, even after it SBs still hit harder than infils/NS.

Not to be offensive or anything, but if your a SB and you constantly loose to infils (them getting PA or you being afk doesn't count :rolleyes: ) you are really doing something _very_ wong

Z

Zoldot

aybabtu if I do that dmg on infil is that on a rr2, nonbuffed,non sc, infil and I have sc,buffs, 2 slow axes,high rr?

139 dmg on mainhand, he is buffed,sc armor, rr8, all str relics.
After the patch when its -30% and if you have str relics I bet infil will do same - more dmg if they also have buffs and rr8. and they hit faster +they have dragonfang and problaby more envenom.

V

Vasconcelos

i know...

whole atk-amg region is SB domain

there we hunt...and are being hunted

Scout with TS can run all this distance for less than TS's 60 sec duration - and clear it out..

Guess u meant a FG of scouts....

Otherwise: scout pop 1 sb -> 3 sbs unstealth, sprint n obliterate the bugger archer.....

H

Haldar

a scout who pops TS will see all 3 SB's...and if he got a small portion of brains in his head - he will not attack unless he knows that his friends - stealthers or not - will support him.

C

Carlos Bananos

aybabtu if I do that dmg on infil is that on a rr2, nonbuffed,non sc, infil and I have sc,buffs, 2 slow axes,high rr?

After the patch when its -30% and if you have str relics I bet infil will do same - more dmg if they also have buffs and rr8. and they hit faster +they have dragonfang and problaby more envenom.

And a buffed realm rank 8 infils WITH str relics shouldn't have maybe a liddul advantage over a RR4 Shadowblade who's probably got less envenom?

See what i mean? the way left axe has been, has fooled people into believing it should be this way, theres no reason shadowblades are supposed to have superiour (read: 4x as powerfull) melee than infs/ns.

C

Carlos Bananos

sry i misread your sig...thought you ment RR4, if your not lvl 50 or havn't experienced an assasin at 50 you can't really comment, sorry but a lot changes between lvl 49 and 50. at 50 shadowblades styles go through the roof, trashing infs in 2-4 hits.

V

Vasconcelos

a scout who pops TS will see all 3 SB's...and if he got a small portion of brains in his head - he will not attack unless he knows that his friends - stealthers or not - will support him.

Yeah! Problem is that if u are a solo scout using TS n u allways see 2-3 sbs together, u might start thinking about the utility of a 30min/10rps RA...........................

Imho, none of the high rr scouts out there (Tanhgart, Arcofirme, Aussie?, Arcthic .........) have TS, and they allways reply its crap if u ask em for TS.

R

Runolaz

infil is a lot harder to play than a SB, i've played both. Left axe is overpowered, if you can't see it, think about it next time you 3-4 shot an infil who's realm rank is more than double your own.

Shadowblades do hit far harder than any other assasin (provided the circumstances are equal)

last time i posted a pic, remi pointed out that my crit alone did more damage than his mainhand cap...nuff said

personally, i welcome the nerf, even after it SBs still hit harder than infils/NS.

Not to be offensive or anything, but if your a SB and you constantly loose to infils (them getting PA or you being afk doesn't count :rolleyes: ) you are really doing something _very_ wong

The problem with the numbers you came up with is that they showed you BSII-Snowsquall-Icy Brillince etc, thus you were hitting them without beeing debuffed. Yes, a SB will hits very hard if allowed to do so without beeing debuffed. Any INF that does not for some strange reason use Env will loose vs SB. When I meet RR4-6+ INF that knows how to play their toon the figth is allways more or less even. Mid has the relics so we should have the edge, and I do feel I have a sligth edge.

I have tried out many classes, and I fail to see why INF are more difficult to play than a SB. Your still hitting the same buttons on your keyboard. I have a CB and a SZ and and the routine in the keyboard is almost the same. I'm still hitting 2-1, 2-1 and followup styles after initial evadestyle. For the CB I try to open up with PA/BII on the SZ I try to open up with BSII/Snowsquall. How is this any different than a INF/NS??

C

Carlos Bananos

Originally posted by Runolaz
The problem with the numbers you came up with is that they showed you BSII-Snowsquall-Icy Brillince etc, thus you were hitting them without beeing debuffed. Yes, a SB will hits very hard if allowed to do so without beeing debuffed. Any INF that does not for some strange reason use Env will loose vs SB. When I meet RR4-6+ INF that knows how to play their toon the figth is allways more or less even. Mid has the relics so we should have the edge, and I do feel I have a sligth edge.

I have tried out many classes, and I fail to see why INF are more difficult to play than a SB. Your still hitting the same buttons on your keyboard. I have a CB and a SZ and and the routine in the keyboard is almost the same. I'm still hitting 2-1, 2-1 and followup styles after initial evadestyle. For the CB I try to open up with PA/BII on the SZ I try to open up with BSII/Snowsquall. How is this any different than a INF/NS??

the pic i showed remi was of a Comeback, i was already debuffed and had been attacked by 2 infils, the order was PA, BAckstab, Creeping death, the 450 doublefrost then 750 Comeback killed him :p, in that instance i was debuffed and he wasn't as i had just ran outta TK unstealthed an was about to apply poisons ;P

Infs are harder to play due to the simple reason they can't win fights by just spamming anytimes, at the same time, Shadowblades dont havea regular opponent who can potentially 2 shot them (how many times can u honestly say you've been 2 shotted by an infil without PA?...yes it's generally impossible)

the point is, infs/ns are not hard to play, but SBs are extremely easy to play.

K

kaod

the order was PA, BAckstab, Creeping death, the 450 doublefrost then 750 Comeback

I've never been able to get that particular combo off Uni. ;)

C

Carlos Bananos

i was already debuffed and had been attacked by 2 infils, the order was PA, BAckstab, Creeping death

;)

1 inf went for PA > CD

other BS2

Users who are viewing this thread