Saddest story I've ever heard..

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Oh no.

Because A-Levels don't take you to Oxbridge/LSE/Warwick/Bath etc. etc.

HOW SILLY OF ME.

actually for me A levels never ever meant shit.

probably cos I just spent the last three years drawing :E

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Try getting into a blue-chip company without any qualifications and a nice friendly smile.

I dare you.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Try getting into a blue-chip company without any qualifications and a nice friendly smile.

I dare you.

who said anything about no qualifications?

academia and working as a shelf stacker is not the real world, its not even scraping the edges of it, no matter what people will have you believe.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Okey - try getting into a blue-chip company, for a realistic subject like Economics or Law without a good university degree.

It won't happen.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Or you are just stupid at communicating?

/shrug

what the hell do I know!

Exactly. You of all people calling someone on their communication skills when most of your posts here are "lol" "rofl" or of some such sort.

You WEREN'T a prick, but you've turned into one.

tris-

Okey - try getting into a blue-chip company, for a realistic subject like Economics or Law without a good university degree.

It won't happen.

you dont just need a degree, you need personality, life experience outside of text books. generally living a little.

if it comes down to you, or someone like my mate but with the same qualifications - who would be picked? not you thats for sure.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
No tris - you are wrong.

99% of the spots for blue chip companies for stuff like economics are given to the top of the top in academia.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Bugz's new attitude is surronded by a strong whiff of verisimilitude.

pikeh

Resident Freddy

It won't happen.

Jesus, shut up before you make yourself look even more naive please, its painful.

tris-

No tris - you are wrong.

99% of the spots for blue chip companies for stuff like economics are given to the top of the top in academia.

and if 10 people all have the same grade, but each one is slighty different in their social status, personality, life experiences, who will be picked? not the book worm.

the point is oyu can do well at the academic world, while living life to the full. not spending every spare minute doing work. although im only going off the image you portray here. one where all you ever did was work, revise, work, see your girlfriend, stack shelves and then do some more work.

tris-

its pretty clear i meant grade as in, 2:1, first, pass etc.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Which means shit when compared to your uni choice for the top jobs.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmm lets see.

Teachers, ex-cambridge and oxford students, lecturers - people who know what they are talking about.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
He has a point actually but for all the wrong reasons

You dont get the top jobs by simply going to oxford, sorry bugz but irl it doesnt work like that

You do however get in contact with people of influence if you go to oxbridge/imperial etc... who you otherwise wouldnt and these people are the ones who end up getting you into high posts

tris-

but why do you need oxford or some other fancy place for contacts?

my uni is in boro for fuck sake but all the tutors are highly regarded experts with decades of experience in their career before coming to teach.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh, a small majority of people here are in any position to talk about this anyway.

So I'll leave it from here on :)

Mey

Part of the furniture
The Top uni's mean fuck all anyway its a joke, all the people that go are a bunch of boring Cockbags.

The "less" prestigious unis have loads of contacts in Industry because employers like people who have had a rounded education (i.e learnt how to look after themselves, work as a team etc.) rather than some boring bastard that has sat in his room all day reading a textbook.

Anyone can read a textbook, it's applying it that people are looking for.

tris-

Tbh, a small majority of people here are in any position to talk about this anyway.

So I'll leave it from here on :)

everyone here is more experienced than you in life and education, so who are you to say what position anyone is in?

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
So you've attended all the relevent lectures/information courses etc. regarding higher education at oxbridge and the like?

My bad then Tris.

tris-

no, but why the fuck would i want to?!

attending a power point doesnt make you experienced in anything. just because it says something, it doesnt mean exactly that will happen or will pan out anything like it.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, i'd say i'm more experienced in life in all manners, highs and lows(honestly almost all) then Bugz, but i'm probably the least educated here.

But then again, i make games for a living, i need brains not education :flame:

pikeh

Resident Freddy
But then again, i make games for a living, i need brains not education :flame:

good statement imo. As long as you end up doing what you love doing and you enjoy, I say keep your "blue-chip" and Oxbridge shit.

tris-

good statement imo. As long as you end up doing what you love doing and you enjoy, I say keep your "blue-chip" and Oxbridge shit.

he seen the power points, man.
THE POWER POINTS.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
To be honest, because I have had first hand info passed down to me by people who have experienced it first hand, I am more experienced than you re; higher education in terms of employment, degrees etc.

These people > you Tris in their knowledge of what we are discussing.

Now fuck off and buy a clue.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
To be honest, because I have had first hand info passed down to me by people who have WITH EVERYTHING GOING WELL experienced it first hand, I am more experienced than you re; higher education in terms of employment, degrees etc.

I put a life lesson there for you.

Just 'cause a dog finds an almond in a piece of sh*t, doesn't mean all sh*tpiles have 'em.

People who haven't had problems haven't experienced anything in relation to how things can go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom