Saddest story I've ever heard..

Bahumat

FH is my second home
they split up, then it sounds like she got guilt tripped into marrying him

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

Well put young skywalker, now, let me teach you how to speak.

It's no "special" sad that an 8 year old dies, i was wondering what part of it was special sad to make it "saddest ever".

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Oh, look, it's hypocritical harry.

"If you're not gonna comment, don' bother replying!"

"I hate people who don't even answer properly!"

"I have GDCSCs!!"

And then most your replies are of that class.

You've changed man. Get your testies back, get laid or something... :eek6:

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry - I live in awe of the fact you finally got a job. The shock of it blew the part of my brain out that deals funnies etc. :(

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Sorry - I live in awe of the fact you finally got a job. The shock of it blew the part of my brain out that deals funnies etc. :(

Aye, i know, those grown up things must be really "shocking". Come back when you get your first real job.

Now then, you got something to actually comment or are you just going to be dori about it?

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Why would I want my first real job now?

I'd rather finish sixth form, move onto uni, come out with a degree and then get a real job :d

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Pretty sad really, but also unfair on the girl too. Shes not dying so why should she have to go through all of this? She sounds too young to be involved in something like this.

Its pretty sad though :(

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well evidently people didn't like me asking, maybe asking wrong, but to me that seems like a more "positive" story then a sad story. So i was asking what made it sad.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
The fact that an 8 yr old is dying - children dying is sad. Those two kids liked eachother - or so it seems from the news report - and so for that girl losing someone she liked like that at that age is sad too.

Also reading about an 8 year old saying "I can (die) now" isnt exactly the happiest thing in the world. Yes positive in that he didnt die sad, but overall not exactly happy days is it?

The reason people get angry when you ask, I imagine, is because to most people a story like this would obviously be sad.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah ofcourse it's sad, but i was more curious on the saddest part as that story left a more positive thing. Got a dream, died happy, etc.

That is why i was asking. Though my bad was the wording it seems, should've been "what's the "sadder" part."

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Post something and you get stabbed down with "wrongz!" and "ooooold! We've discussed this before!"

I cba with this shit anymore.. I'm out

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'm not saying it's "wrongz!", i'm asking for alternate viewpoints. Everything doesn't need to be a personal attack or "baiting"...

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I'm not saying it's "wrongz!", i'm asking for alternate viewpoints. Everything doesn't need to be a personal attack or "baiting"...

There was no need for that post though, it was antagonistic. 99% of people can see why this is a sad story.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
There was no need for that post though, it was antagonistic. 99% of people can see why this is a sad story.

Yes ofcourse, but i thought, instead of going "yes sad :(", i'd actually ask what i wonder. That being, what was, in CorNokZ mind, the sadder part about it compared to a normal sick kid dying.

Ok?

soze

I am a FH squatter
Well evidently people didn't like me asking, maybe asking wrong, but to me that seems like a more "positive" story then a sad story. So i was asking what made it sad.

What made it a sad story for me Young Child dead and the fact his parents and the girls parents let him have his last wish tugs at the heart strings. Plus the though of an 8 year old having a special friend and wanting to get married is an aww moment. The fact he said to his Mum he could die now. All adds up to be a story that makes you sad. If it was a film women would cry in thier millions.

I do not think the girl is old enough to be scared by this it would have just been a game to her imo.

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Pretty sad really, but also unfair on the girl too. Shes not dying so why should she have to go through all of this? She sounds too young to be involved in something like this.

Its pretty sad though :(

Totally agree. Especially when she gets older, she might even find herself embarrassed about it, and also how much pressure is there to almost worship this now deceased child, speaking ill of the dead if usually frowned upon.

Yes ofcourse, but i thought, instead of going "yes sad :(", i'd actually ask what i wonder. That being, what was, in CorNokZ mind, the sadder part about it compared to a normal sick kid dying.

Ok?

Stop digging a hole Toh, you know exactly what he meant and although he might have used hyperbole in the title, it's clearly quite sad, although maybe not the saddest ever.

Now instead of admitting maybe your post was a little clumsy, you're defending your comment without any real point.

My wife is having our first child in a few weeks, so it's poignant for me.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
What made it a sad story for me Young Child dead and the fact his parents and the girls parents let him have his last wish tugs at the heart strings. Plus the though of an 8 year old having a special friend and wanting to get married is an aww moment. The fact he said to his Mum he could die now. All adds up to be a story that makes you sad. If it was a film women would cry in thier millions.

So it's a combination of "aww look at that, how cute" and death that makes it, well, more sad then usual?

Agree with the girl part, so young, the worst that will happen is that she'll want to get married when she's older.

Now instead of admitting maybe your post was a little clumsy, you're defending your comment without any real point.

I said my original post was badly worded and maybe seem a bit "tacky", but the point stands. Luckily i got my answer from people who can take questions on topics.

If i wanted to dig myself a hole, i'd say what i feel about it.

And if i knew what he meant i bloody well wouldn't be asking :eek7:

soze

I am a FH squatter
So it's a combination of "aww look at that, how cute" and death that makes it, well, more sad then usual?

Agree with the girl part, so young, the worst that will happen is that she'll want to get married when she's older.

yeah exactly the two things makes it abit sadder for me that if the kid had just died.

kiliarien

Part of the furniture

Agree with the girl part, so young, the worst that will happen is that she'll want to get married when she's older.:

Well at least it wasn't a legal wedding. I'm not sure what makes this exceedingly sad in that it could be taken the other way. Is it sad because that girl's life has been afected terribly along with the boy & his family?

Possibly the most amazing kids I've ever taught are those with serious illnesses. One of pupils at school died not so long ago of Lukaemia too - she was such a lovely girl, great to talk to, worked hard and was friednly with everyone, she'd managed to get it into remission twice but the third time it got her.

And then I see some total arsehole kids who come from a good background, parents that really care and yet they act like total tossers and believe the world owes them something without them doing jack shit to contribute.

Now that IS sad. :(

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well at least it wasn't a legal wedding. I'm not sure what makes this exceedingly sad in that it could be taken the other way. Is it sad because that girl's life has been afected terribly along with the boy & his family?

From that pov, i can see how it would add to the normal sad factor, aye. Thanks for telling.

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Why would I want my first real job now?

I'd rather finish sixth form, move onto uni, come out with a degree and then get a real job :d

And then get a total shock when you realise you dont have the slightest idea how the REAL world works... great plan.. or not

Lethul

FH is my second home
I have to agree, Toht is the saddest story i've ever heard :flame:

heads up: I KID I KIIIIIIIID

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom