Rome: Total War, Bitches!

Delrith

Fledgling Freddie
Spain has 1 settlement left >:) and erm that num something place has 2 they shall all belong to meeee /evil laugh off

HerculesPluto

Fledgling Freddie
FUCKING MACEDONIANS, I HATE THEM, they remind me of old school days pikemen, with their fucking prodding sticks

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
HerculesPluto said:
FUCKING MACEDONIANS, I HATE THEM, they remind me of old school days pikemen, with their fucking prodding sticks

The Macedonians is DEAD!! I SLAY EM ALL.
#1 in everything atm, the senate is dead all rome factions is at war against each others

But I also have a few armys of 2000 knocking on a few doors. Archers inside town for the win, just attack siege army 10000 times during 1 round and each time you kill of a few hundred and they cant do anything to prevent it after a while they flee

Coccas

Loyal Freddie
i just use diplomats for defense :) got over 2 million cash on my greek campaign and it only costs like 5k-10k to bribe a full army... little more if it has a family member in it

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
I started again with the Carths and it is hard, very hard. All of Rome hate you from the beginning and make it their business to take at least two of your settlements within the first 10 years. They just don't give up. I allied with the Greek Cities but they lasted about 5 minutes before being crushed by the Scipii. You get tons of money but it's no good. Every time you build a unit you have to send them off on a ship to their deaths as the wars are constant.

I'm considering going back to my Julii campaign or just starting again with a barbarian faction... *shudders*

Lomelinda

Fledgling Freddie
i can only play the roman factions, Julii, Brutii and Scipii, anyone know why?:p

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
You can only play as factions that you have conquered.

There are mods that you can download that'll let you be any one you like without conquering them though if you cba doing it the hard way.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Ah, good point, Exile. I remember reading that somewhere, but it must've slipped my mind. You may have saved my Empire.

Exile

Banned
It's historically accurate too. The armies of Carthage were over half mercenary forces. Hannibal's famous army that crossed the alps recruited Spanish and Gauls to fight alongside him.

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Playing Brutii it goes quite well now, slaughterd all the enemy armies that was siegeing my citys, Archers for the win.

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Victory1.jpg

Normal Victory, small fight. They attacked my main city. started with 1500 units, this is the last fight that i slaughterd them in.
Map1.jpg

World map that i know of atm

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Btw anyone have the same problem as me with kids? i have 14 Girls and 2 boys..

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
I just spotted this on one of my generals.

trumpet.jpg

Seriously, wtf.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Gah finally got enough governers in my cities and 14 of them die in 3 turns >.<
Cue massive rioting in Egypt :|

The game really is 'tastic though, only quibble really is the difficulty of controlling the far flung cities. I find the best trick is an extermination every few years :)

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Rulke said:
Gah finally got enough governers in my cities and 14 of them die in 3 turns >.<
Cue massive rioting in Egypt :|

The game really is 'tastic though, only quibble really is the difficulty of controlling the far flung cities. I find the best trick is an extermination every few years :)
I dont have any problem with my cities at all, almost none have a govener in them becouse my girl>> boy birth problem, i started to marry away them now so get some leaders but my cities is used to only 2 govenors in entire faction.
Victory2.jpg

Dogs is realy good, make them run easier.
Also if you siege a city and the city attack they more than often leave the safety of the walls. if any army flee for them the dogs follow into the plaza and kill off all their fleeing armies

Exile

Banned
Guess what just came in the post. Oh God, the map smells so good. Installing now.

OMG I AM SPRAYING CUM EVERYWHERE!!!11!

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
The trick is to make the enemy flee, quite easy done if you attack from 3 flanks at same time.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah I've found that too, always have 1/3-1/2 of my armies as cavalry now so I can easilly win on the flanks.

And about the cities thing, on you're map you're still in greece but the further you go from your capital the harder it is to keep the peace :/
I'm thinking of moving my capital from Tarentum to Larissa or Asia Minor somewhere.
Time to march on Rome soon I think, the senate hates me after failing the last dozen missions where I had to blockade ports in the Red Sea where I have no access too :x

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
I've got around 75000 saved up as Carthage and I'm profiting around 6000 per year now, it's crazy. I've killed around 10 Roman family members in the last 10 years. They must be close to running out by now. And my mercenaries are doing the trick. I only recruit town militia to keep the peace at home, all of my attacks and defenses are done by mercenaries. I keep getting these nasty mercenary cavalry spearmen, can't remember what they are called but they can throw spears from a distance and they kick arse in hand to hand aswell.

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Dillinja said:
I've got around 75000 saved up as Carthage and I'm profiting around 6000 per year now, it's crazy. I've killed around 10 Roman family members in the last 10 years. They must be close to running out by now. And my mercenaries are doing the trick. I only recruit town militia to keep the peace at home, all of my attacks and defenses are done by mercenaries. I keep getting these nasty mercenary cavalry spearmen, can't remember what they are called but they can throw spears from a distance and they kick arse in hand to hand aswell.
I dont think it matters if you kill all family members, i have loads of super assassins slaying enemy generals and such

Exile

Banned
Make the faction's leading family extinct and the faction will die out...

I've gained Northern Italy, Southern France and Corsica and I am sieging Carthage as I speak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom