Rome: Total War, Bitches!

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Got a bit disappointed after training up a couple of full armies to 3 gold stars when time went on, I could no longer retrain these troops because better troops were avaliable; despite the fact that these better troops had lower attack factor and armour factor. Now I'm simply throwing away my well trained units at the spanish and they seem to still be doing quite well :D

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone noticed how annoying it is to take areas in the east. it takes like 3-4 turns to move your army betwean the cities

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Aloca said:
Anyone noticed how annoying it is to take areas in the east. it takes like 3-4 turns to move your army betwean the cities

Yes, it is a bit of a problem. I play lately a lot with Seleucids and notice that.

I love playing Seleucids: nice selection of units (long spear infantry, cataphracs, chariots, elephants!), nice starting point at the side of the map meaning you can spread from that to all areas, lots of rebel cities around them at start (despite the bigger travel distances) providing good start and not very powerful neighbours except maybe Egypt.

Tua

Fledgling Freddie
The single most excellent thing about this game is the reference to Life Of Brian when holding your cursor on the aquaduct :D

2-D

Banned
I've still yet to actually complete the Imperial Campaign. Getting there though.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
My Roman one fell apart a long time ago. I have a strong Carthaginian one that I haven't played for a while though. Got hundreds of thousands in the bank and the hugest army in Europe, I just have to move my troops properly and I'll do it easily.

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Dillinja said:
My Roman one fell apart a long time ago. I have a strong Carthaginian one that I haven't played for a while though. Got hundreds of thousands in the bank and the hugest army in Europe, I just have to move my troops properly and I'll do it easily.
This is the problem with R:TW after a while you grow to strong and just need to marsh over the other cities to win. not that fun then. it is more fun with some challenge that is in the start.

2-D

Banned
Actually I had a different problem. As the Julii my treasury slumped during the civil war and I got into a stalemate with the Brutii. I learnt a lot about managing garisons though, and am now trying again as the Brutii. Much easier with the Greek sea lanes.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Most of the European provinces do not have much to offer in the form of money and trade. I think that the Julii are the most disadvantaged faction in that respect. Mainly because of this reason, I crumbled after marching on Rome. I took Rome, but in the same year about 5 provinces in Britain, France, Germany etc. all decided to rebel for what seemed like no reason at all. At that point I was pretty pissed off, considering my funds were on the verge of going into the red and I barely had enough troops to protect the provinces that I still had.

I tried to take back a British city and failed. It wasn't long before I'd clicked the new game button.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
rome1.JPG

Veteran archers are way too overpowered :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom