Rome: Total War, Bitches!

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
man i need to have words with my faction leaders son, 13 years old and he's already married to a 9 year old.......

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
HerculesPluto said:
also the historic battles seema bit thin on the ground, are more and more unlocked? or is that it, cant beleive the battle thermolpaly (spleppling :) ) aint on there, its even mentioned during the seige of sparta one.

Thermopylae battle (or however it would be spelt in english) happened a few centuries before the game's timeline though. At the years shown in game there weren't even any Persians left as Alexander the great wtfpwn them a century ago :)

PS: Well, hope I remember dates correctly. Nevertheless, I expect history to be royally raped again in Alexander the Great movie coming out soonish :)

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Ilienwyn said:
Thermopylae battle (or however it would be spelt in english) happened a few centuries before the game's timeline though. At the years shown in game there weren't even any Persians left as Alexander the great wtfpwn them a century ago :)

PS: Well, hope I remember dates correctly. Nevertheless, I expect history to be royally raped again in Alexander the Great movie coming out soonish :)
All of the south eastern part of greece was captured by alexander the great and after his death divided into groups that were part of his leaders. So the egyptians in this game arent the old egyptians anymore. Allthough maybe for others races they did take control back

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Ilienwyn said:

Seems the Americans have got bored of messing up English history and are starting with Greek and Latin history, i feel sorry for you :(

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Uhm, all the stuff that is on the ground like Purple Dyes, Gold, Textile etc. How can I pick it up ? 0o

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
Seems the Americans have got bored of messing up English history and are starting with Greek and Latin history, i feel sorry for you :(

At least they took a swing at theirs too at the Patriot movie :D

Chosen said:
Uhm, all the stuff that is on the ground like Purple Dyes, Gold, Textile etc. How can I pick it up ? 0o

Well, unless I missed something, you don't pick them up. They are just trade goods that are used by the game to do the... trading! Right? :)

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Ilienwyn said:
Well, unless I missed something, you don't pick them up. They are just trade goods that are used by the game to do the... trading! Right? :)
I see, then how can I dye my soldiers purp ? :(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
you dont, they are there to show that part of the world has good resources (more money).

the romans were stupid enough to attack me when i was playing Carthaginians my elephants are stomping all around rome now

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Fs, started a game as the parthians and one of my sons is called Arses.

Ilienwyn said:

Aye, the 2nd Persian invasion of greece was 480BC (game starts 270BC iirc) after they were defeated 10 years earlier at Marathon.

Incidentaly, if anyone's interested in the period of Rome in the game, I'd highly recommend Colleen McCullough's Masters of Rome series. 5 books covering the end of the republic starting with Gaius Marius's reforms, through Sulla and ending with Caesar's throughout his life and ending with his murder.

</nerd>

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Help Help my capital is being besieged by Lesbian Rebels..........

my men have no defence against butch oiled women with moustaches

HerculesPluto

Fledgling Freddie
dont matter what the campaigns timeline is they shouldve included a few more historical battles to spice things up

HerculesPluto

Fledgling Freddie
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=11231

some dude made a mod to make the game a bit more realistic, sounds interesting, anyone tried it yet?

"A little warning for the weak hearted: This mod is HARDCORE.. On 'Emperor' level even just trying to balance your checkbook is not easy. Do not expect to trample all over the enemy. Forget all you know about individual units strengths and weaknesses and learn them again. For example: single Hastati being charged by a Gaul Warband = ouch!

If you are a FPS-style-cheating-little-freakboy just play the standard version.

PS. Not all factions have been extensively tested yet. Your mileage may vary. If you feel a certain faction is unbalanced please let us know. You can help us a lot if you are specific on why you feel it is unbalanced. "

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
playing it on vh/vh atm. tried with jinii and gauls killed me, i just culdnte take pantavium.! :(

trying out brutii now and its going ok :)

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
Debuffs said:
Finishedit today.
Can u carry on the compaign once u own 50 towns? i got booted back to menu after the little clip.

ye u can. i gotta do quicksave just as it happens, hen load it up again and itll work. i read it on totalwar forum or summin

Calo

Part of the furniture
[NO]Subedai said:
playing it on vh/vh atm. tried with jinii and gauls killed me, i just culdnte take pantavium.! :(

trying out brutii now and its going ok :)

gauls are so evil !

they wanted alliance first with me so i was like oke fine... then they suddenly attack my capital so i have to bring all my generals back, they run away so im like, oke thats it , so i just killed all of gaul which is fun!

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Enjoying playing it with the jinni atm but the game seems to be far far too buggy to be given top marks. The whole grouping system on the battlefield really needs to be done better because very often after clicking to go to a new destination and holding the mouse button to show which way the units are facing, it goes whacko and on the little arrows it shows up, they go all over the place. I suck at explaining, would screenie and host what I mean if i could :p

Not been playing it much but am already learning the overpoweredness of archers +horsemen defending a keep and velites/hastati in open ground combat :)

Also I don't seem to have any new family members coming through anymore...any way I can fix this? An really, no obvious jokes about that one please ;)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
i find it crashes to desk top far to often, not a huge problem as it autosave at the start of every round.

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
kirennia said:
Also I don't seem to have any new family members coming through anymore...any way I can fix this? An really, no obvious jokes about that one please ;)
Go to doctor?
Nah but i shouldnt worry that much if they dont find one after a while they adopt a kid. i had that first 2 generations,3rd generation was quite ok. then i got a baby boom and got 14 girls and 1 boy in 3 rounds

2-D

Banned
Raven said:
i find it crashes to desk top far to often, not a huge problem as it autosave at the start of every round.

Check out the patch. It fixes some game stability issues.

2-D

Banned
image002.jpg

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Tiac said:
Pfft, funny with money hack !?

Money hack for what? the 100k money? I usually get over 300k and then (ab)use them with my diplomats :)

And funny rebel faction btw. But, incase you don't know it, there is an island there called Lesbos and that's why women from there used to be called. The problem was that the first known *lesbian* was from there so the name stucked (even in other languages!) :D

Calo

Part of the furniture
u dont get anything for wacking a faction of the map ? :(

i just kicked off gauls out of europe and i just get some silly message, i cant put up their heads on my cities or so ? :flame:

oh well spain next, closed them totally in :D

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Calo said:
u dont get anything for wacking a faction of the map ? :(

i just kicked off gauls out of europe and i just get some silly message, i cant put up their heads on my cities or so ? :flame:

oh well spain next, closed them totally in :D

Wish you could get some unit of each faction you killed to train in your cities! :)

Sarnat

Fledgling Freddie
First time I read the off-topic forums...

But anyways, really good game. Must have for every strategy fan...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom