Rome: Total War, Bitches!

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
The Spartan hoplites are unbelievably powerful. You can destroy pretty much anything with them.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Dillinja said:
The Spartan hoplites are unbelievably powerful. You can destroy pretty much anything with them.

if used correctly they are really strong yeah, luckily the AI is really bad at it. lots of fire arrows and they will start fleeing in notime, then a cavalry charge up the rear and they drop like flies

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
hm btw have any of you played Lords of the realm II? its really similar, been hoping for a real sequel (lords of the realms 3 was utter shite) for ages and here it is :D

Coccas

Loyal Freddie
Dillinja said:
yeah they are but i could only build em at 2 places so was faster to juse use armoured hoplites :)

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
if used correctly they are really strong yeah, luckily the AI is really bad at it. lots of fire arrows and they will start fleeing in notime, then a cavalry charge up the rear and they drop like flies

thing is with all hoplites that they move slow when in phalanx, so they are excelent target practice for ballistas and for mounted missile troops aswell(charriot archers, cavalry that throw spears). And a cavalry charge in their sides or rear is lethal, atleast if the cavalry keeps retreating and charging again at a weak spot.
For defending cities they rock though as you have no flank and if done well no rear either.

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
For defending cities i just use loads of archers, 5-6 units in each city and it is impossible to take.
but yes they are realy good blockers, have them stand fight enemy from front and use cavelery to kill from behind

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Coccas said:
I just got this.
Yes!.JPG
Such abuse of hoplites

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
hm btw have any of you played Lords of the realm II? its really similar, been hoping for a real sequel (lords of the realms 3 was utter shite) for ages and here it is :D

I have it, does it work online? :S

Coccas

Loyal Freddie
Aloca said:
Such abuse of hoplites
well its the only decent type of unit in the greek army :) but i usually run with 2-3 units of greek cavalry too

Coccas

Loyal Freddie
You can't play the campaign online, only custom battles i think :)

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Could anyone care to explain how I am supposed to save during the game ?
I can't find out, it said something about you can save every 10 round or so.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
You can save any time you want. Press escape and go to save game? :p

Minty Fresh

Fledgling Freddie
pfft

How come AI never uses siege equipment and mostly just stands outside ur wall where ur archers cant hit em >.<

Debuffs

Fledgling Freddie
Finishedit today.
Can u carry on the compaign once u own 50 towns? i got booted back to menu after the little clip.

- English -

Resident Freddy
this game looks ace, tho theres no chance my computer can run it :(

it reminds me of that japaniese game : total war or something :p

Coccas

Loyal Freddie
- English - said:
this game looks ace, tho theres no chance my computer can run it :(

it reminds me of that japaniese game : total war or something :p
that was shogun: total war :) then there was medieval: total war

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Started at Wednesday but didn't have much time. Probably finishing it in weekend :)

Has some funny points though. I am about halfways (around 23-24) provinces and loads of cash suddenly (200k) when I had problem at start. Diplomats are surely overpowered ;) as I can bribe cities and armies easily. For instance I got 6-7 family members added to mine by bribing some greek (macedonian & greek cities) armies! :D Even funnier when my best family member is now one of them and got a former greek for Heir! And it is very easy and cheap to bribe cities, especially from rebels. The most funny moment was when I moved a diplomat to Rhodes, found an army outside town, bribed them and general joined me. Then recruited all the available mercenaries for the general (about 10-12units!!) and siege city and got it next turn!!

One thing is a bit unrealistic though. I don't think people lived sooo many years at these ages. :D First family leader reached 60something and got lots of 50something and 40something!

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Ilienwyn said:
One thing is a bit unrealistic though. I don't think people lived sooo many years at these ages. :D First family leader reached 60something and got lots of 50something and 40something!
you get grey hairs around 50 and it wasnt that uncommon for senators to have those?
Also socrates was 70+ I think when they executed him. So old age was possible in those days and remember that your family members live in good health (no hunger, decent hygiene (for those times) and probably access to some doctor that did actually help the patient).

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Dillinja said:
You can save any time you want. Press escape and go to save game? :p
Found out the problem, I was plasying the tutorial thingy :p And wasn't able to save.. Btw, I'm playing Julii now and I can only have armys with groups of 40 infantery soldiers, when can I have more soldiers in one group ? :(
In the demo I had like 120 soldiers in one group!!

P.S: I hate when I loose good combat generals so I have to train a new one
:(

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Go to the advanced graphics options and select unit size. Large or Huge are most desirable if your computer can handle them. You need to do this before you start a campaign though, because a campaign stays with the same unit size that was selected when you started it, you can't change it.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Dillinja said:
Go to the advanced graphics options and select unit size. Large or Huge are most desirable if your computer can handle them. You need to do this before you start a campaign though, because a campaign stays with the same unit size that was selected when you started it, you can't change it.
Your joking right ? Goddamn :(

Delrith

Fledgling Freddie
hmm

where the place you can dl something to get all armys for campaign?. I killed almost all places but when i got rid of spain/macedonia (?) and that num something army i couldnt have them in campaign :(. Dunno why it hasnt let me

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
You can't be Spain or Macedonia or a few of the other pseudo-factions in the imperial campaign, that's why they aren't showing up when you conquer them. There are most likely mods out there to let you be them in the campaign if you want to, though.

Tua

Fledgling Freddie
hmm, how do i change my capitol - i simply cant figure it out :( and i cant seem to find it in the manual....

help me elfies!

Delrith

Fledgling Freddie
click on a city you want to be your capital, click on the construction icon thingy. In the bottom left corner there should be some things you can click on (lil round icons) one of them opens up another lot which shows a gate or smth. Click it and it becomes your capital

Tua

Fledgling Freddie
Delrith said:
click on a city you want to be your capital, click on the construction icon thingy. In the bottom left corner there should be some things you can click on (lil round icons) one of them opens up another lot which shows a gate or smth. Click it and it becomes your capital

thank you!

HerculesPluto

Fledgling Freddie
custom battles are interesting, i made 3 fully buffed :) units of spartan hoplites and managed to win vs a full grp of carthigian scum, they just couldent break down my glorious triangle of death, as the dude on the time commanders show always says, "its a meat grinder" gonna give it a go with only 2 units again tommorow to recreate the glorious 300 vs 300000 persian filth :)

also the historic battles seema bit thin on the ground, are more and more unlocked? or is that it, cant beleive the battle thermolpaly (spleppling :) ) aint on there, its even mentioned during the seige of sparta one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom