Rome: Total War, Bitches!

Squalion

Fledgling Freddie
Ingame press the Tilde Key (¬) next to one above your keyboard and under the ESC Key =P

type bestbuy and press enter

then type add_money xxxxx where xxxxx is the amount , can only be used once per game, then u gotta exit game and close application and do it again =P

have fun

Helme

Resident Freddy
Actually got the economy to go around now thing is to not buy any military at all in the start and just get 1-2 towns upgraded to max and keep as many friends as possible, after a while you easly get +1500 gold on each town every round which helps a bunch then you can start produce military and do the conquering bit.

Also found an cool and easy way to get rid of unwanted son's.. get them to poke some enemy faction in the stommach with thiere sword and just thiere lifeguards around them, sacrificed about 7 son's so far since they all sucked very very badly, they also recieve an Heroic Death so not that shabby! :p

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Killing family members is unwise. Only they can govern towns as you want. :touch:

Helme

Resident Freddy
I got very few towns, and very many family members so i need to kinda... remove some of them somehow to not stock up to many ^^

Coccas

Loyal Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
Killing family members is unwise. Only they can govern towns as you want. :touch:
i once had 20 units of family members in my capital city!

good way to get good money is to take the coastal regions and build a port or bigger ports, trade buildings and roads then take a few diplomats around to all the other regions with atleast one coastal region and establish trade with them.

this is me playing as the greeks.

@@.JPG

hehe.JPG

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
The Senate kindly awarded me with some Mercenary War Elephants, which I somehow got onto a ship and sent to west Europe. They are truly the work of Gods(or of the devil if you are facing them). They pretty much win battles single-handedly - your soldiers will only really be needed if the elephants are completely surrounded by cavalry and spearmen.

Here's an example of their strength. Keep in mind that some of these Gauls were pretty strong units;

heroicvictory.jpg

So, yeah. If you get yourself some War Elephants, make the most of them. They've gotten me three provinces so far that I would not have been able to take without them.

Edit: Sorry about the huge pic, I don't have any resizing programs or anything like that installed on here.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
bah didnt fight in africa so no elephants for me :( (atleast Im guessing thats why you got them). Advantage is though that I havent faced any elephants myself either :p.

So to take out elephants you either need hoplites(atleast if the rest of the army has been damaged the elephants wont run through the spears of the hoplites) or burning pigs?

and ouch for those gauls/britons/germanians who have no counter vs elephants (hell they have no/little spearman let alone extra long spears to counter elephants).

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Best way to deal with elephants is fire. Pigs are the best way, but flaming arrows will also do the trick.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Driwen said:
bah didnt fight in africa so no elephants for me :( (atleast Im guessing thats why you got them). Advantage is though that I havent faced any elephants myself either :p.

So to take out elephants you either need hoplites(atleast if the rest of the army has been damaged the elephants wont run through the spears of the hoplites) or burning pigs?

and ouch for those gauls/britons/germanians who have no counter vs elephants (hell they have no/little spearman let alone extra long spears to counter elephants).

The Senate gave me those elephants for completing a task for them. They are mercenaries so they cost something like 450 a year for upkeep but they are worth it.

I'm not sure how to fight elephants yet, but I'm pretty sure you are supposed to try to make them go crazy while they are still close to their own men, using fire arrows or pigs like Lox says. This'll probably make them do more damage to their own men than yours as they will go out of control.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
what about mice?

get my copy today, no DAOC for me for a while :)

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
Started again as Britons and it seems more fun really :p North France are belong to me !

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
ASSHOLE!

only copy left for sale in my entire f(#$îng town, i rush to the cash machine to get the money for it. while walking there i bump into someone saying 'i hope they have it here'. so theres me all worried, and got a good reason because when i come back at the shop its gone.

QQ

next delivery on tuesday and i aborted my dl because id go buy it today anyway. :(

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
oh and to make it worse, i went to get a kebab to eat my misery away but it had been such a busy day for my favorite kebab-crew they were all out. so i had to get it from another stand but they aren't as good :(

sniff

HerculesPluto

Fledgling Freddie
lox dude, is there a way to get a rundown on each of the units in the game like they did on the tv show, was a closeup shot of them listing their strengths and weaknesses underneath?

Ive not had much chance to play it proeprly yet but im assuming you gotta get so far with one of the roman factions b4 the other races are unlocked? and is there any limit to when the game "finishes" i like to take my time in games like this :) dont wanna suddenly see a you retire just b4 i unleash my army of darkness upon the FILTHY persians! bit like Fight Night, my champion of the world suddenly retires with a msg saying "u iz all washed up *****!" seconds after i KOed the top contender in the 3rd round.

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
Playing with these Britons is waaaaaaay harder than the Romans, can take like 4/5 places in france/holland area and then the frickin Germans come and ass rape me with the Gauls. :mad:

HerculesPluto

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
oh and to make it worse, i went to get a kebab to eat my misery away but it had been such a busy day for my favorite kebab-crew they were all out. so i had to get it from another stand but they aren't as good :(

sniff

i feel your pain brother, :fluffle: glorious kebabs need to be available at all times.

HerculesPluto

Fledgling Freddie
harebear said:
Playing with these Britons is waaaaaaay harder than the Romans, can take like 4/5 places in france/holland area and then the frickin Germans come and ass rape me with the Gauls. :mad:

FUCKING germans!!! :)

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
HerculesPluto said:
lox dude, is there a way to get a rundown on each of the units in the game like they did on the tv show, was a closeup shot of them listing their strengths and weaknesses underneath?

Ive not had much chance to play it proeprly yet but im assuming you gotta get so far with one of the roman factions b4 the other races are unlocked? and is there any limit to when the game "finishes" i like to take my time in games like this :) dont wanna suddenly see a you retire just b4 i unleash my army of darkness upon the FILTHY persians! bit like Fight Night, my champion of the world suddenly retires with a msg saying "u iz all washed up *****!" seconds after i KOed the top contender in the 3rd round.

Every unit in the game has a description, but I'm not sure how to get it. Right click on the unit would be a good guess. I'll find out tomorrow when I get Rome.

HerculesPluto

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
Every unit in the game has a description, but I'm not sure how to get it. Right click on the unit would be a good guess. I'll find out tomorrow when I get Rome.

oh heheh, gonna have a good rome session now, did amazon screw u out of the game on their pre order thing? woolworths 4 teh win ;)

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Well I've been checking around and it seems some people got their copy of Rome on Friday, but I guess they must have placed their order before me or something, because Amazon says they'll dispatch mine on Monday (they don't work weekends of course). So tomorrow I shall probably buy it from a shop and cancel my order.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
harebear said:

Bleh, you don't know hard until you've been in my shoes. I thought I'd try to work quickly at the start and decided to piss off the Spanish, the Gauls, the Britons, and the Germanics. Now I'm in deep shit because I've got Britain attacking me from the British Isles, Germany from northern-central Europe, and Spain from.. err Spain. Somehow the Gauls managed to fight their way into some Spanish territories aswell and they've decided to assist the Spanish in kicking my arse.

As soon as I try to build up a fleet of ships they are immediately sunk by the huge Spanish navy and while all this is going on the Senate keeps bitching at me because I'm not blockading ports that are about a thousand miles away from my closest ship.

I'm still hanging on, though, barely. And more importantly, I'm still having fun.. even though every second is a constant struggle to prevent my empire from imploding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom