Rockstar Games: GTA V

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Eventuallly but I wouldn't worry about 4k for the time being. Nobody's making (regular) content in it yet, for a start - 1080p isn't going anywhere yet.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
(they said that about DVD's & Blu Ray. Can't remember the last time I bought a DVD. OK, OK, I know, its not the same, but technology moves on...)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Well, 4k will gain traction as soon as people start making content in the format. Also, 4k won't need a new disc format to accomodate it, Blu-ray is more than adequate with the newly standardised h.265 codec (HEVC to its friends). A new telly will be required of course.

ileks

Part of the furniture
I've still only done the first mission. I've just been dicking around for hours.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Loving the driving so far.. might not be realistic but it's a damn sight more fun than IV. It's also nice to see that there aren't too many driving miss daisy missions at the start.

Anyway ... had to pull myself away from it last night. Awesome.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Just been driving/flying around. Still only have Franklin and his dog. I did try and take on the army base and fail. Just enjoying the sights, will try and do some more missions. Loving the new Police system. Still waiting for the iFruit app to come to Android to see what it does.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Yeah the new police system forces you to think about evasion. Was hiding in an alley yesterday, assuming that I was safe, when a search party with torches came down looking for me... firefight ensued. Was quality :)

I then had a Ryan Gosling, Drivesque moment when I pulled to a stop under a bridge and turned my headlights off - Cue: Police cars driving past, searching for me and failing.

It certainly makes escaping more fun.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
That sounds pretty good, psychic cops annoyed me a bit in all the others. Friday afternoon off, trip into dreaded town, wife going away at 6pm until Sunday dinner time.
Already told her I am rearranging the living room so the sofa is nearer the TV.

Chilly

Balls of steel
I'm busy all weekend so I have to get my gaming in this week. I'm about 20% through the main story, so far. I've now got access to planes, enough money and enough firepower to enjoy just sandboxing around.

ileks

Part of the furniture
I'm busy all weekend so I have to get my gaming in this week. I'm about 20% through the main story, so far. I've now got access to planes, enough money and enough firepower to enjoy just sandboxing around.

I've started doing the missions to try and get to this point as well. Some of it is fucking hilarious :D

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Well, 4k will gain traction as soon as people start making content in the format.

Not gonna happen until they find a way out of the "to expensive -> noone buys -> noone sells enough TV's to afford a price drop -> still to expensive -> noone buys -> noone makes enough........" catch 22 :)

Right now Sony sells 4kHD TV's for 3500 USD, which is stupid for a fucking TV.. :)

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
I've now got access to planes

Does that mean, there are hangers and stuff to buy :) ? , noticed a flight school on the paper map. Am still just stealing planes off the runway and I am 4% into the game.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
And so it begins; game gets notoriety, deserved or not -> game becomes a soapbox for all f*ck all causes.

Rants inc from such delightful groups as PETA, christian moms and politicians with agendas. Get your outrage bingo cards ready!

ileks

Part of the furniture
Anyone managed the second helicopter mission at the flight school? (gold)

ileks

Part of the furniture
Got gold in everything. Took ages.

you get FUCK ALL. Not even an achievement. I thought it would get me airport access :(

Chilly

Balls of steel
did it all first go, you noob :p I did spend about 5000 hours flying around in gta SA though :D

yeah the lack of airport access is a pita. I wanna fly the jumbos :((((

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Designers who put in ranking systems(gold/silver/whatnot) and no rewards for them should go back to QA testers :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Maybe its commentary about rewards replacing gameplay in modern games? They are basically meaningless.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
80% of GTA(and like) games is "meaningless" filler ;)

Rewards don't cost anything(per say), but not putting them in if you tempt people with gold medals is just poor play.

ileks

Part of the furniture
did it all first go, you noob :p I did spend about 5000 hours flying around in gta SA though :D

I managed gold in the plane ones (ok, except the landing on the road one..) first go but am absolute SHIT at controlling the helicopters.

ileks

Part of the furniture

There must be a way to gain access to the airport. I know you can buy planes online. I suppose getting a 3* wanted level as you steal one adds to the fun for now :D

Aada

Part of the furniture
Tesco delivery guy pulled up with our shopping I park up and put one of the talk shows on while packing t away, priceless.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Fuck me, that was a trek. Sold out at Tesco and Sainsburys so was resigned to having to visit the plebs in town. None left in Game, or the indie shop. Ended up getting one of the last copies in HMV.

Stick the disk in, all expectant and now I have to wait for some epically long install.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Fuck me, that was a trek. Sold out at Tesco and Sainsburys so was resigned to having to visit the plebs in town. None left in Game, or the indie shop. Ended up getting one of the last copies in HMV.

Stick the disk in, all expectant and now I have to wait for some epically long install.

Do you know about the issue with play disc installing? Either use the play disc in discdrive, or install it to a USB drive. Best performance. The other non-play disc can be isntalled normally.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
First impressions, the graphics look a bit dated but that's to be expected on a game of this scale. Spent about an hour just driving about, its huge. Loved the chatter between the black guys in the intro mission.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom