remove all defense when stealthed

censi

Can't get enough of FH
ridiculous to consistently beat your opponent to the draw for him to evade and PA you...

If you are slower than your opponent you get hit first.

at least you would think this is how it should work.

/discuss?

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
More realistic that you unstealth yourself if evading etc.

If you think about an assassin jumping out of the way of an arrow, most likely he isnt gonna be so stealthy at the same time =]

Adari

Part of the furniture
this would discriminate people that have no hands

would you like EA\Mythic to be confronted with an international lawsuit ?

i didnt think so

idiot

censi

Can't get enough of FH
the point is, encountering a stealthed opponent should require an element of reflexes one of the few skill traits left in this game..

if your opponent targets and attacks you first you have been beaten to the punch. therefore you get hit...

Not your opponent beats you to the punch and attacks you before you react and because of RNG horseshit you can put him though the most deadly bone crunching style combo in the game.

Get your PA off if your fast... if your slow you dont.

trust me if you played a hunter this would drive you nutz.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Maybe not a total defense reduction, perhaps a 75% chance to not get evaded.

Either that or a 50% damage increase if you pa a stealthed opponent

megadave

I am a FH squatter
used to well piss me off getting the jump on assassins for them to evade my hit and pa me in the face :p

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
ridiculous to consistently beat your opponent to the draw for him to evade and PA you...

If you are slower than your opponent you get hit first.

at least you would think this is how it should work.

/discuss?

Hell no :) .. i used to love it .. or when i had bt on..and his left hand would not swing... pure love ! :p
U can try attacking him from behind, no evade there :p

censi

Can't get enough of FH
you cannot try attacking him from behind always can you ffs..

most sneak V sneak is roaming around... sneak will pop up you will both see each other and go for the trigger.

Ive been fighting assasins long enough to know the key to beating them is a good start... Go in fast and get ahead... If even a journeyman assasin gets the jump on you as a hunter your prolly dead or gonna be blowing IP and shit to stay alive... So I have learnt to be ready and be fast.. Its prolly my best attribute speed off the mark. what happens after this is pretty much standard and you just do your thing...

So its a shame now that also the skill/reflex element is negated by this RNG horseshit. its a safety net for slow players who loose the battle of reactions.

imo anyway. I can appreciate poor underpowered assasin will think its fine to have it this way.

Lethul

FH is my second home
archers specced in melee should loose to assassins regardless of who jumps who imho

snopy

Fledgling Freddie
hehe censi didnt like my PA did you:)

but i can agree that if you enter combat mode first on a stealther he should go out of stealth even if he evades.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
archers specced in melee should loose to assassins regardless of who jumps who imho

thats fine if archery is worth speccing it isnt nor will it ever be... So you have to spec the class in how to juice the most out of it.. both in terms of potency and fun...

1.88 already got nerfed pretty much as soon as it went in casters started crying. But the overal damage archery does in 1.88 is less than it is in 1.87...

Also more than one archer assisting on the same target gets damage reduction on crit shot...

bottem line is archers will never be in par with anything in daoc. so you spec melee grit your teeth and go down swinging.

Lethul

FH is my second home
thats fine if archery is worth speccing it isnt nor will it ever be... So you have to spec the class in how to juice the most out of it.. both in terms of potency and fun...

1.88 already got nerfed pretty much as soon as it went in casters started crying. But the overal damage archery does in 1.88 is less than it is in 1.87...

Also more than one archer assisting on the same target gets damage reduction on crit shot...

bottem line is archers will never be in par with anything in daoc. so you spec melee grit your teeth and go down swinging.

bow + pet hunter is the only thing that rapes me over and over :(

censi

Can't get enough of FH
if it rapes you your suxing... if it beats you by kiting you all over the shop then I guess working as intended.. (prolly buffed pet too though)

I rvr in enemy frontier pretty much exclusivly if I dont kill my opponent in around 15 seconds I will get added on... Kiting something around beno for 2 minutes while you chip away at something wont go down well with the locals... (wont please me to much either)

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
definitely you should lose stealth. I always found it handy to be able to evade and then hit with a full PA chain but it just does not feel right so this should be changed.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
There are many issues that should be looked at regarding stealth in general. One of them as censi says it's evading while remaining stealthed; despite the fact i found it handy in many occassions, it has to go.

But:

Stealth-lore should not benefit people that can't spec in stealth.
AoE spells should not break stealth.
Pets have to lose target when you stealth.
Node tics have to increase by 1 more second.
Get rid of the "assassin" guards.

But then again, it will never happen, specially since they wont put any stealthers (aka griefers at mythic's camp) in war.... oh well

censi

Can't get enough of FH
yer griefing stealthers I liked that...

Poor fucking Merlin the Wise cant unleash his magical fury on things cuz of these fiends....

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
a PA cant be evaded though.. so if it gets evaded, you have missed it..

I did that once! on my skald!! (was soon 4 years ago tho, might have been changed afterwards, i allso remember parrying a PA with 3 parry ;P)

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Gear said:
Pets have to lose target when you stealth.
Get rid of the "assassin" guards.

actually those two i think i remember they have changed (at least the first, i know on US you your pet looses target/aggro when a player stealths). allso remember something about those assasin guards, might come changed when they introduce the new keep/ladder system in 1.90 :)

Aybabtu

Fledgling Freddie
I did that once! on my skald!! (was soon 4 years ago tho, might have been changed afterwards, i allso remember parrying a PA with 3 parry ;P)

If you were on your skald, how do you know for sure it was PA and not the assassin fucking up? :)

Lethul

FH is my second home

PA cant be blocked/parried/evaded ?
most likely a screwup by the assassin, probably some noob like aybabtu who did it:)

MegaMaejter

Banned

Hi Cens, Sneakers here.

I can tell you from experience that archers were hell in 1.88 for numerous of reasons.

1) Access to MoC3, ip2, purge3
2) Dex being draw time stat, archers literally shooting near 1.5ish s / arrow.
3) High damage, this got abit nerfed aswell but still high enough.
4) You couldn't last attacker /face archers
5) You couldn't and still can't evade arrows stealthed or unstealthed.
6) The blocking % vs arrows is extremly low now, you hardly block anything.
7) Archers doing 1000+ crit dmg on heavy tanks and ofc having packs of 8 archers in a tower assisting on ppl :eek: ( that got nerfed though, wich was abit oot I think, the dmg red is just silly )

If I where you Cens I'd gear up for 1.89 and retemp and respec the ranger. Go Moc3, ip2, purge3, some archery crit %, lw1, thoughness, MoS4 some PD and rape assassins. If you where a scout it would be even more OPed.
High rr and well temped archers that do archery in 1.89 are a fucking pain in the ass.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
1) Access to MoC3, ip2, purge3

moc is garbage, the rest is the same as it is now

2) Dex being draw time stat, archers literally shooting near 1.5ish s / arrow.

the draw times scale differently with the new system , The draw times though are only slightly faster than they are now with high end dex (390)

3) High damage, this got abit nerfed aswell but still high enough.

Average DPS is show to be lower with the new system

4) You couldn't last attacker /face archers

That was a bug

5) You couldn't and still can't evade arrows stealthed or unstealthed.

Thats sensible and thats how it should be

6) The blocking % vs arrows is extremly low now, you hardly block anything.

If you wield spec shield you have not much to fear from an archer... The changes moved slightey away from where we are now where its impossible to get through spec shield at all...

7) Archers doing 1000+ crit dmg on heavy tanks and ofc having packs of 8 archers in a tower assisting on ppl ( that got nerfed though, wich was abit oot I think, the dmg red is just silly )

Thats a bug as well. They adjusted the scaling of archery damage shortly after 1.88 to do less V low Af (casters) and more against high AF... Heavy tanks have reported that if they use WG or battle and get critted they get hit for massive amounts... If you do a crit however when a tank doesnt have any of these timers up the damage wont excite you too much.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
If I where you Cens I'd gear up for 1.89 and retemp and respec the ranger. Go Moc3, ip2, purge3, some archery crit %, lw1, thoughness, MoS4 some PD and rape assassins. If you where a scout it would be even more OPed.
High rr and well temped archers that do archery in 1.89 are a fucking pain in the ass.

Heard somewhere archers soon lose the ability to spec PD?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom