best Keep/Tower defense for ALB??

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
Just wondering as Alb pretty much sucks at keep defense on Ywain...

Could anybody tell me a good strong set up for this purpose?

I was thinking...

Icewiz
Icewiz
Icewiz
Icewiz
Cleric
Cleric
Reaver
Arms

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Tower camping is crap now, with destroyable towers.

Above setup would work, however, its easier just to treb the tower down

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Why would you stand inside a tower/keep waiting for an enemy that just might turn up?

Seems like even lvl10 keeps are taken over in a matter of minutes these days, with the great numbers of attackers and coordinated BGs with leader etc.

But do what you feel like. I see you've turned 180 degrees in your daoc playstyle, so why not camp keeps?

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
Why would you stand inside a tower/keep waiting for an enemy that just might turn up?

Seems like even lvl10 keeps are taken over in a matter of minutes these days, with the great numbers of attackers and coordinated BGs with leader etc.

But do what you feel like. I see you've turned 180 degrees in your daoc playstyle, so why not camp keeps?

I dont intend on attacking a tower or anything like that its just when Alb is under attack...

I didn't actually say towers now did i... Albs defense is pretty lame and pathetic... so I was asking the more experienced groups that would know the best set up for keep/tower defense.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Okay sorry no you didn't say tower, but you go park yourself 8 accounts inside a keep and hope someone will show up

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
8 necros? Unmezzable, unstunnable and unkillable.

!!!

???

Profit.

low dps on a pbaoe for necro and a necro goes down fast if he meets a wl
And pet un stunnable ? by castable stun maybe but far from immune to slam

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH

I was thinking...

Icewiz
Icewiz
Icewiz
Icewiz
Cleric
Cleric
Reaver
Arms

Could work

But i would rather use cleric/friar cleric cleric icewiz icewiz icewiz Reaver Reaver second reaver for backup bomb if they recover from first big inc i would have ready a backup reaverbomb + 3 icewiz pbaoe would be more than enough to take out most

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Well...

I was thinking...

Icewiz
Icewiz
Icewiz
Icewiz
Cleric
Cleric
Reaver
Arms

Well the reason Albs on Ywain suck at it is that they dont play with the classes the realm has.

Monster Ress is the all out no questions asked best defence class Alb has.
So in my opinion youll need atleast one sorc, one heretic.

So:

Sorc,
Heretic,
Cleric,
Cleric,
Icewiz,
Icewiz,
Theurg/Icewiz
Reaver

Or something like that (maybe a heretic extra instead of the reaver)

On Ywain there just arent any 'Tics playing which makes siege alot harder on the Albs.
Just going with alot of Icewizards will be very hard unless they are very high rr. They will get interrupted and that will pretty much be it for such a group. CC is cruicial. So Theurge with rr5 is very good, ST is good, monster resses are very good, and TWF ofc!:)

/charmangle

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Can someone tell me why the new WLs are supposed to be so overpowered? I had the impression that the new spell lines are more of a nerf.

Cueblare

Fledgling Freddie
Can someone tell me why the new WLs are supposed to be so overpowered? I had the impression that the new spell lines are more of a nerf.

I'll remember to take a screenshot from when i get 600+400'ed 3 times in a row next time for you to see :)

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH

Depending on the spec but if curse the primary in chamber is 284 delve and 325 pbaoe
combined with the normal dex affected spec nuke on 2.8 second or moc cast a wl can deal dmg as a normal caster between the chamber dumps.

284 delve primary caps at 1056 without crits at mom 5
754 without crit on the nuke that is dex affected,

And with out any problems at all atleast ive never seen it as a problem to deal about 2500-3500+++ in a second or 2 vs stealthers that jumps u :p

Only thing nerf is i would say for the WC locks that moc ns a wc lock without physical defense 4-5 is having serious trouble atm
cause 10 sec between chambers work in roaming group and a zerg fight as curse spec
And can still slaughter a zerg solo if they stacked ml8 ml2 rr5 chamber moc pbaoe and most is dead :p Atleast kzar is :p

Cueblare

Fledgling Freddie
bla bla bla qq qq warlocks op qq bla bla stealthers bla bla qq bla high damage instakill PWNPWN lol brb bla bla

i read your whole post and 5 hours later when i was done i thought i'd rewrite it with fewer words.

and lol, ur retiring? lock got 2 hard for you? :(

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
i read your whole post and 5 hours later when i was done i thought i'd rewrite it with fewer words.

and lol, ur retiring? lock got 2 hard for you? :(

nope getting bored of it cause its not op enough so rolling a bd instead -.-

Everz

FH is my second home
Depends..

Solo = WL is god

Group/Zerg/Small Man = BD is god

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
low dps on a pbaoe for necro and a necro goes down fast if he meets a wl
And pet un stunnable ? by castable stun maybe but far from immune to slam

that's strange , because i can kill a lock anytime....anywhere with my necro they are free rp:drink:

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
that's strange , because i can kill a lock anytime....anywhere with my necro they are free rp:drink:

any time any place ill be there, had never any trouble with necros with any of the specs i was so bring it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom