Removal of 'melee lag' ?

Eregion

Fledgling Freddie
- Fixed the issue in which players were erroneously receiving the message: “Your target is too far away” while engaging in melee combat.

Taken from http://www.camelotherald.com/more/2462.shtml

Sounds sweet as hell. Just hope it doesn't mean that the 'lag' will still be there, just we won't get a message anymore. :p

X

xGenocidex

With abit of luck... will make fights more interesting if people can't strafe or cause themselves to lag to avoid hits etc... might actually get to see whos shit and whos decent then

grimlin

Fledgling Freddie
well im shit but i mainly play casters :) not much chance using melee there

Ging

Part of the furniture
Eregion said:
- Fixed the issue in which players were erroneously receiving the message: “Your target is too far away” while engaging in melee combat.

Sounds sweet as hell. Just hope it doesn't mean that the 'lag' will still be there, just we won't get a message anymore. :p

so no more "too far away" eh?

ill be slapping casters from clip range then - rox! :)

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
its a fix to a bug that appeared on US servers with the patch, not to "melee lag"

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
xGenocidex said:
With abit of luck... will make fights more interesting if people can't strafe or cause themselves to lag to avoid hits etc... might actually get to see whos shit and whos decent then

Actually I think it all boils down to clicking 1-2 on your keyboard and hoping your timers are up in this case.

X

xGenocidex

or using /face ;< stops the whole "Not in view" shit but not "To far away" shit... just give harpoon guns so we can shoot people outta range and reel them in >< so much easier...

gohan

FH is my second home
xGenocidex said:
or using /face ;< stops the whole "Not in view" shit but not "To far away" shit... just give harpoon guns so we can shoot people outta range and reel them in >< so much easier...
/face does't stop the OOV thats the thing that pisses people off

grizzy

Loyal Freddie
Does sticking onto some1 and having to mash ur styles constantly cuz it keeps cancleing em count as ''your target is too far away'' ?

X

xGenocidex

gohan said:

Hmm did when i was out :eek: was awhile ago tho... dunno if anything has changed ^^ maybe just lucky then... i didn't get OOV when i used /face

grizzy

Loyal Freddie
xGenocidex said:
Hmm did when i was out :eek: was awhile ago tho... dunno if anything has changed ^^ maybe just lucky then... i didn't get OOV when i used /face

obviously the strafer made himself go OOV then :D and was a noob ofc

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
enkor said:
its a fix to a bug that appeared on US servers with the patch, not to "melee lag"
That's what i thought too.
I've had problems with "target too far away" pretty much since NF got here.
From what i understand, this is a fix to a new bug on US servers. I doubt it will get any better than what it already is for us now.

rure

Fledgling Freddie
Eregion said:

L3p.

andeh

One of Freddy's beloved
Eregion said:

l3p.

Watchh

One of Freddy's beloved
Zoia said:
From what i understand, this is a fix to a new bug on US servers. I doubt it will get any better than what it already is for us now.

doh :<, was getting meh hopes up

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Zoia said:

aye, that meleelag combined with ghosting+/facelag = v hard as meleer to hit some specific toons. Dunno how many times Ive been sprint+charge and attacking a mezzed caster, break BT, break mez, kill brittle on first hit, next hit guy is oor even though im standing right ontop. Really funny shit :<

censi

Can't get enough of FH
u get this mesage a lot when your opponent back pedals. you get hit, then you get targets is not in view, then u get hit and you get target is not in view. (not all the time)

its fucking annoying when they are right in front of you though

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
melee lag is one of the biggest issues with the current state of daoc, i doubt they would magically fix all problems associated with it just like that. they could devote one or more full patches to just the fix.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Vodkafairy said:
melee lag is one of the biggest issues with the current state of daoc, i doubt they would magically fix all problems associated with it just like that. they could devote one or more full patches to just the fix.

yup, tanks DPS is kindof cut in half sometimes, just because of oor. :/

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
And people refuse to believe that I'm actually a great player, but just suffering from a lot of melee lag :<

Gondath

Fledgling Freddie
gohan said:

It should never be that easy to keep someone in view on a permanent basis in the first place. As retarded as it sounds, I'm almost glad for the lag/oov issues, simply because it means people actually have to work for it.

And regarding that particular note from the herald tho, please understand that it addresses a problem *introduced* in 1.84 (and thus has nothing to do with the older issues you are used to)

Gibs

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:

Im playing over there, and this fix is more than just a fix, its great.
Can hit kiters from literally 4 paces away, so no more gay too far away when they turn and run!
Loving it as a tank atm.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Sounds very nice. Now all they have to do is remove LOS checks at distances below 100 game units, both for casting and melee, and we'll be fine. Alternatively, make /face and /stick server-side commands.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
afaik it's a problem that appeared in version 1.84 where you would get "too far away" if you were moving at all while trying to fight.

It's now fixed on the US servers and hopefully won't ever appear on the EU ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom