SPAM random annoying things

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
If food packaging can't be recycled it shouldn't be for sale.

Lots of it still isn't recyclable isn't it? I do most of mine from Sainsburys, and it's always the film can't be recycled, or check this bit locally etc. I bet most people just chuck the whole thing in the recycling regardless.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Government fail.

Recycling in blighty is a 'soma' to make us feel like we're "doing our bit" on the environment, when we're not.

Embattle

FH is my second home
If food packaging can't be recycled it shouldn't be for sale.

Something I've complained about a number of times, really got my goat having some Ritz crackers in a black plastic tray in a box as the local council can't recycle black plastic.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
It annoys me when companies come out and say "we're working on it" as PR puff pieces. If government said "right, in 12 months time, all PET drink bottles are banned" they'd solve it within weeks.

Anyway, the real plastic pollution culprits are the fishing industries, and nobody is doing shit about that. I'd happily ban all commercial fishing for a few years just to let stocks recover. We can afford to pay the workers while they're off.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Do you check if things are recyclable first? I'd suggest filling up the recycling bin with stuff that cannot be recycled is worse than recycling nothing at all?

Nothing we buy can't be recycled. Just happens to turn out that way.

We did have to check the council's website though because a few things our old council didn't let us recycle.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'd happily ban all commercial fishing for a few years just to let stocks recover.
Agree, it's action we absolutely should be taking - but I'm not sure it would work.

EG. Cod stocks. Where the shoals of cod have been decimated, they're not recovering at any appreciable rate.

What we should have done by now (Brexit?) - ban trawler fishing. Completely. There's just no excuse for it.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Had a really shit day at work today.

Was teaching a class, kid being a dick, sent him outside.

Went to talk to him outside, then we both stop and look to our right, we notice that liquid is pouring from underneath a drama studio door.

We both look at each other with a look of 'the fuck?'

There's a curtain on the other side of the door so I'm unable to see in and don't have my keys on me, the kid has already ran off to tell someone.

I walk around the corner where the kid is with a member of the senior team looking into the window, and there's literally shit and piss pouring from the ceiling onto the curtains in front of a mirror.

I return to my classroom without saying a thing to the kids (as instructed) and don't let them outside of the classroom knowing full well that the puddle was growing and would soon reach my classroom.

The kid who I sent outside then returns and tells everyone what's going on and they go absolutely mental, like there's a school shooting or something, one of them tries to leave but when they open the door the puddle comes into the classroom.

I then have to sit there for 30 mins with the sweet smell of the rawest sewage in the room.

Lovely day.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I mean, it's literally a "shit" day, but it's at least an interesting day :)

I loved it when EON's primary datacentre flooded back in the day. Couldn't help grinning, much to the chagrin of senior management.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Will be up from 11:30pm>8am to babysit a load of very experienced engineers making a change in Europe that nobody has confidence in.

Spent the last two weeks dragging them into daily calls saying "are you sure you've got everything covered" and getting told yes. Then at 4pm, got rung up by the EMEA boss whilst I was in the supermarket saying "they've missed something".

:eek:

I mean, it's only fucking banking IT. They're supposed to be professional but they "one more thing"'d like fucking Columbo :eek:

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
It annoys me when companies come out and say "we're working on it" as PR puff pieces. If government said "right, in 12 months time, all PET drink bottles are banned" they'd solve it within weeks.

Anyway, the real plastic pollution culprits are the fishing industries, and nobody is doing shit about that. I'd happily ban all commercial fishing for a few years just to let stocks recover. We can afford to pay the workers while they're off.

Actually the real plastic pollution culprits are those ridiculous ineffectual blue masks everyone's been wearing for the last couple of years. I'd happily ban all facemasks outside of the NHS and make sure the ones used there were treated as hazardous waste.

At least fishing has a purpose.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Actually the real plastic pollution culprits are those ridiculous ineffectual blue masks everyone's been wearing for the last couple of years. I'd happily ban all facemasks outside of the NHS and make sure the ones used there were treated as hazardous waste.

At least fishing has a purpose.

Yeah the plastic problem was conveniently created due to our massive over exaggeration over covid.

Yup.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Tell you what. I can't wait for Labour to get back in. They were so amazing.

I love the fact that Labour repealed double-jeopardy (the rule that said we're not allowed to be tried twice for the same offence) for "very serious offences".

I love the fact that Labour made it possible for these guys to be retried for the incredibly serious crime of "aggravated trespass".

Aggravated tresspass! They dug some tunnels, put some food in them, and peacefully held up construction on a section of HS2.

WHAT A CRIME!

Good on you Labour. You keep on being you.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Drunk people. Since giving up booze I have come to understand what utter bellends drunks are, all of them. Had to pick my wife up from her Christmas do, 45 minutes drive each way, in -7 (at times) ~20m visibility due to fog, black ice absolutely everywhere, and she's banging on about staff room gossip, then tries to start a drunken argument because I don't give a fuck and would rather we didn't end up going sideways into a ditch.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Drunk people. Since giving up booze I have come to understand what utter bellends drunks are, all of them. Had to pick my wife up from her Christmas do, 45 minutes drive each way, in -7 (at times) ~20m visibility due to fog, black ice absolutely everywhere, and she's banging on about staff room gossip, then tries to start a drunken argument because I don't give a fuck and would rather we didn't end up going sideways into a ditch.

Thats what taxis are for 😁

Ormorof

FH is my second home
People with massive unruly dogs that jump on kids and then laugh and say "hes friendly he just wants to play" while my kid has a panic attack

Cunts

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
People with massive unruly dogs that jump on kids and then laugh and say "hes friendly he just wants to play" while my kid has a panic attack

Cunts
100%

Fatal dog attacks have gone up 300% since covid apparently. People don't train and control their dogs like they should. And the first rule is: some other people are scared of dogs.

How are you or your child to know anyone's dog isn't like this?:

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VSFNVdt-hrM&embeds_euri=https%3A%2F%2Fsingletrackworld.com%2F&feature=emb_logo

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
100%

Fatal dog attacks have gone up 300% since covid apparently. People don't train and control their dogs like they should. And the first rule is: some other people are scared of dogs.

How are you or your child to know anyone's dog isn't like this?:

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VSFNVdt-hrM&embeds_euri=https%3A%2F%2Fsingletrackworld.com%2F&feature=emb_logo

Jesus, that is fucking frightening. The dog handlers for one could have done a better job at getting them under control.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Jesus, that is fucking frightening. The dog handlers for one could have done a better job at getting them under control.
They're retards who run a martial arts school. The dogs are attack dogs, so they're short-man-syndrome types who buy these things to bolster their low self-esteem.

No collars on the dogs - makes them impossible to grab and pull off.

I'd unfortunately put the dogs down (unless they could go to the army or something) and less fortunately the owners too - it's clear from the video they knew what was going to happen before it happened, so why did they not have them muzzled and on leads?

Could have been a lot worse for this adult, never mind it being a kids face or something.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
They're retards who run a martial arts school. The dogs are attack dogs, so they're short-man-syndrome types who buy these things to bolster their low self-esteem.

No collars on the dogs - makes them impossible to grab and pull off.

I'd unfortunately put the dogs down (unless they could go to the army or something) and less fortunately the owners too - it's clear from the video they knew what was going to happen before it happened, so why did they not have them muzzled and on leads?

Could have been a lot worse for this adult, never mind it being a kids face or something.
Hopefully the rider gave the footage to the Police/RSCPA to get something done about the owners and the dogs.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Those two need to be put down immediately, they're dangerous to everyone. And the dogs should be rehomed and trained.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Two water issues in two days. First one, newly plumbed in (fake) quooker tap, either not plumbed in properly and has just come loose, and the floorers have knocked it loose. No big drama, just lost a day of work by the floorer as he had to take up most of what he had done that day. Today, come home, downstairs partially flooded. Looks like the pressure tank of our hot water system has come off the wall and taken a pipe with it. Damage heavy but only looks cosmetic so far. Not yet fully diagnosed the issue or damage. Fed up.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Needing a piss 10 minutes after you've gone outside, 5am, -7°C, having put on 3 layers over your undies, then rushing back in, yanking open the flies on all 3, then going beserk because you happen to put on the one pair of boxers whose button doesn't unbutton.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
So I took a turn for the worst late on Friday night and ended up driving to the local A&E at 2am. By 8am they had taken blood, given me 2 egc's, a ct scan and an xray. Doctor comes in and says, " Well all of the tests are clear apart from your bloods indicate you had a heart attack" ffs.
After waiting 12 hours in a cubicle for a bed I'm finally on a ward and then get told I'll be here for 5 days.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Blimey, hope you're on the mend! Did you drive yourself? Some effort after a heart attack.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Blimey, hope you're on the mend! Did you drive yourself? Some effort after a heart attack.
Yes drove myself there was -6 and snowing lightly, drivers window wide open and sweating like a twat

I feel fine in myself now but gotta have an angiogram.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom