SPAM random annoying things

Ormorof

FH is my second home
All these intelligent car owners who don't realise air conditioning will not activate full stop under about 5C.

You want clear windows? Pour lukewarm water onto them and wipe it off. You want to get rid of the fog inside? Towel.

Pouring water on the windows if they are frozen is not a good idea though

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Pouring water on the windows if they are frozen is not a good idea though

Pouring boiling hot water from a kettle is a bad idea. Normal warm water is fine. If heat + cold window was a bad idea then we wouldn't blast hot air onto them.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Pouring boiling hot water from a kettle is a bad idea. Normal warm water is fine. If heat + cold window was a bad idea then we wouldn't blast hot air onto them.
Or rub our nobs on them.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ooof. Up to two years for a wolf whistle?

Whilst nobody likes to see women harrassed I can't see this going well:
The backbencher’s bill aims to criminalise behaviour such as deliberately walking closely behind someone as they walk home at night ...
fair enough, it's pretty horrid, but coupled with:
Creasy, the Labour MP for Walthamstow, said she would table amendments to the bill to ensure it covered “foreseeable harm”, so offenders could not claim they did not have any intent to cause offence. “We have to deal with a culture where women are still called to account for their behaviour when they are offended against, and to take out of the question the idea that men accidentally harass women.”

or

"If she took offence or was scared, no matter the intent of the guy, then he's a criminal".

I mean, I can't possibly envision a situation where I'd ever have walked behind a girl for a while, lost in my own thoughts...

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Ooof. Up to two years for a wolf whistle?

Whilst nobody likes to see women harrassed I can't see this going well:

fair enough, it's pretty horrid, but coupled with:

or

"If she took offence or was scared, no matter the intent of the guy, then he's a criminal".

I mean, I can't possibly envision a situation where I'd ever have walked behind a girl for a while, lost in my own thoughts...

Yeah, thoughtcrime stuff. I can certainly remember situations where all I've wanted to do is get past a woman dawdling along and couldn't step off the pavement to get around her without getting run over, for example.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Seen that, and the question I ask myself is, why was he being filmed?

Couldn't be for a viral video, perhaps...
Yeah, think it's on purpose tbh.

We always run a warm tap and fill the kettle or a big bowl and use that. Otherwise we're waiting 20 minutes to get the ice off.

Of course, nowadays where I live, if it's icy, we ain't going anywhere. Just can't risk it.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Funny how there's no sound, which would identify someone whacking it with a glass hammer. Or that the window is cropped so you can't see all of it. Or that the camera is on a tripod.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
My old car (Ford Focus) had some sort of wires in front window was brilliant, even at -20 or heavy snow it just dealt with it no scraping needed

Current car does not have it and its a pain

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
My old car (Ford Focus) had some sort of wires in front window was brilliant, even at -20 or heavy snow it just dealt with it no scraping needed

My o/h's old car had that, but you could see them when you were driving and I found it annoying. Rather just clear the ice for the few days a year you have to :)

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

I have this in my fiesta (2011), de-ices in a minute or two with no extra effort.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Went into a electronics dealership over the weekend, one who had:

- LG G2 (65")
- LG C2 (65")
- Samsung S95B (65")
- Respective soundbars for both (9.1.4 + 11.1.4)

Was hoping to make a choice based on my next media upgrades.

Left feeling even more lost. They both look good and all sound good. There's nothing really between the pricing either.

God dammit.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Went into a electronics dealership over the weekend, one who had:

- LG G2 (65")
- LG C2 (65")
- Samsung S95B (65")
- Respective soundbars for both (9.1.4 + 11.1.4)

Was hoping to make a choice based on my next media upgrades.

Left feeling even more lost. They both look good and all sound good. There's nothing really between the pricing either.

God dammit.
Got the ear;ier LG GX - speakers built in are beter than the C so I didn't need a sound bar. Love it. 120fps 4k gaming.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Sound bars are far superior for things like Dolby Atmos etc, TV speakers are as much use as tits on a pig, I have an older LG, love it, friend has a newer, top of the line LG, amazing thing.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Sound bars are far superior for things like Dolby Atmos etc, TV speakers are as much use as tits on a pig, I have an older LG, love it, friend has a newer, top of the line LG, amazing thing.
That was the point of the GX though - it's the same panel as the CX, but a few hundred quid more expensive because they've got a pile of really good small speakers built in for people who don't want to ugly their place up with a sound bar. It's a sort of "photo frame" TV.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The new coke caps, that are attached to the bottle, reason given that more people will recycle the cap.

I mean, what the fuck else are people doing with the cap? When the bottle is empty, squeeze air out, put lid back on, throw in recycling.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The new coke caps, that are attached to the bottle, reason given that more people will recycle the cap.

I mean, what the fuck else are people doing with the cap? When the bottle is empty, squeeze air out, put lid back on, throw in recycling.
Fuck me, I thought it was a manufacturing fault with me twisting the cap off. Didn't realise it was to enforce recycling of the cap!

Embattle

FH is my second home
Fuck me, I thought it was a manufacturing fault with me twisting the cap off. Didn't realise it was to enforce recycling of the cap!

So did I.

They would have to recycle the bottle first for it to matter.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
To be fair I do empty any liquid in the bottle and lightly screw the cap on (to allow air to escape if squashed) before throwing it in the recycle bin.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Unless it's food waste we literally throw everything into recycling. We have a tiny brown bin and a MASSIVE recycling one. Works for us.

Embattle

FH is my second home
To be fair I do empty any liquid in the bottle and lightly screw the cap on (to allow air to escape if squashed) before throwing it in the recycle bin.

As do I and no doubt many here but there are a sizable amount who don't which is even harder when not at home.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Unless it's food waste we literally throw everything into recycling. We have a tiny brown bin and a MASSIVE recycling one. Works for us.

Do you check if things are recyclable first? I'd suggest filling up the recycling bin with stuff that cannot be recycled is worse than recycling nothing at all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom