SPAM random annoying things

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
My local GP sending out almost daily updates that are borderline spam thought the latest one really wins the prize: "Please visit the clinic for a preliminary menopause examination."

If they can't even get my basic medical details right ... :eek:

I just get spammed with all the clinics that are shut on a daily basis.

My GP is a *proper* joke.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
My local GP sending out almost daily updates that are borderline spam thought the latest one really wins the prize: "Please visit the clinic for a preliminary menopause examination."

If they can't even get my basic medical details right ... :eek:

You have to tell them if you need the treatment, these days, regardless of your gender.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I just get spammed with all the clinics that are shut on a daily basis.

My GP is a *proper* joke.

I've been off my meds for about 2 months. I just can't be arsed with it all. They keep telling me I need a blood test, get one done, a week later they tell me I need a blood test. Trying to speak with anyone that can deal with it is a waste of everyone's time.

Gwadien

I've been off my meds for about 2 months. I just can't be arsed with it all. They keep telling me I need a blood test, get one done, a week later they tell me I need a blood test. Trying to speak with anyone that can deal with it is a waste of everyone's time.

Oh yeah the classic 'we lost your blood' hahaha

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
People that cannot, for the life of them, fathom Teams.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South

Should we have a .25% tax for every stone overweight you are? ;)

I'm 5'10 (Honest) and weigh just shy of 16st. Gym, relatively healthy eating, a non-scary body fat, but a stupidly high BMI,

I'd be very curious how they figure this one out. RIP anyone in Rugby, hah.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm 5'10 (Honest) and weigh just shy of 16st. Gym, relatively healthy eating, a non-scary body fat, but a stupidly high BMI,

I'd be very curious how they figure this one out. RIP anyone in Rugby, hah.
It's really simple m8 - they "figure it out" by counting the amount of type-2 diabetes in under-40's and figure out it's all in fatties - of which there's a massively increasing amount. - There's no escaping that.

As for the (separate) BMI thing - that's what loads of people say. But two facts:
  • BMI applies absolutely correctly to 95% of the population.
  • There's no such thing as "healthy but fat" - it doesn't exist.

As for Rugby players - they're all significantly more fucked than the majority of people for other reasons

SilverHood

FH is my second home
BMI always stuck me as a bad metric. As a tall person, it doesn't seem to work properly for someone with just a bit of muscle. At 200 pounds at 6'4, I'd be considered overweight, which can't be right. I did a diet challenge years ago at work, 14 weeks of losing wight, and I got my weight down to 170 pounds, which is considered a healthy BMI, but I certainly didn't feel healthy.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
BMI always stuck me as a bad metric. As a tall person, it doesn't seem to work properly for someone with just a bit of muscle. At 200 pounds at 6'4, I'd be considered overweight, which can't be right. I did a diet challenge years ago at work, 14 weeks of losing wight, and I got my weight down to 170 pounds, which is considered a healthy BMI, but I certainly didn't feel healthy.
Sami Hyypia was 6'4" and weighed 12 stone (168lbs) when playing for Liverpool. Enough muscle on him to play at the highest level of sport and hold off other strong people.

I'm 6'3". My best adult weight was 12.5 stone (180ish lbs). When I weighed that my family started calling me belsen boy - telling me that I was too thin. But they were demonstrably wrong - it's a well-established scientific fact that because 75% of the population is overweight or obese when someone is the weight they should be they look too skinny. But if you'd have seen those people in the 1970's (before we completely fucked up the western diet) then that would have been a completely normal look.

BMI, as a metric, is absolutely fine. It fits 95% of the population. But it tells 75% of the population that they're fat cunts, and 75% of the population don't like to be called a fat cunt - so they do what humans do - complain about the metric saying it's "wrong".

Gwadien

People that force themselves to smile all the fucking time.

Everyone knows you're probably the most depressed person about.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Senior managers that barely turn up for work and then fall asleep in meetings when they do.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Sami Hyypia was 6'4" and weighed 12 stone (168lbs) when playing for Liverpool. Enough muscle on him to play at the highest level of sport and hold off other strong people.

I'm 6'3". My best adult weight was 12.5 stone (180ish lbs). When I weighed that my family started calling me belsen boy - telling me that I was too thin. But they were demonstrably wrong - it's a well-established scientific fact that because 75% of the population is overweight or obese when someone is the weight they should be they look too skinny. But if you'd have seen those people in the 1970's (before we completely fucked up the western diet) then that would have been a completely normal look.

BMI, as a metric, is absolutely fine. It fits 95% of the population. But it tells 75% of the population that they're fat cunts, and 75% of the population don't like to be called a fat cunt - so they do what humans do - complain about the metric saying it's "wrong".

My old man is about 5.10, over 16 stone and still ran full marathons into his early 60s in pretty decent (public) time, and cycled to and from work (20m each way) every day.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
My old man is about 5.10, over 16 stone and still ran full marathons into his early 60s in pretty decent (public) time, and cycled to and from work (20m each way) every day.
So. And?

This is the argument equivalent of "my mum smoked 50 a day and lived to 90". It's meaningless.

Rather than pulling an article from new scientist, the lancet or the BHF, here's an easier read of : there is no such thing as "fat but fit".

Edit: Anyway, I said that on 2nd Nov. You spoiling for a fight tonight or something m8? :)

Last edited:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
So. And?

This is the argument equivalent of "my mum smoked 50 a day and lived to 90". It's meaningless.

Bit like a chart on a wall :)

If you sit around on your arse all the time, regardless of weight, you are unhealthy. If you are physically fit and able, regardless of weight, you are healthy.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So, my mum's got a broken back. 8th vertebrae. Don't know how she got it. She'd been for other tests however and the doc mentioned, almost in passing, that she's got MDS.

I'm not even sure how I feel about that tbh. 🤷

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
14 hour day Fridays, data mapping SQL tables.
Sounds like my kind of Friday. I popped next door for a quick beer at 5 and got in at 1. The only thing I dont like about having a baby is having to deal with them on a hangover.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Had this month's electricity bill come in this morning, a massive £25 after the government rebate thingy.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Could have been a candle.

"Active Patriot" probably isn't the best source of news :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom