SPAM random annoying things

Embattle

FH is my second home
the-highway-code-rule-185.jpg

The modern way is not to signal at all and make others guess at the same time as straight lining the roundabout because you don't understand how they work or care.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Blue line in @Embattle's diagram. Indicate starts just before where the second blue car is.

If you don't indicate how are people going to trust you're not just a cunt?

There are so many cunts about that if they aren't indicating their exit then the rational thing to do is assume "cunt who's going to turn across me" and not enter the roundabout - saving yourself a potential crash into your driver's door by said cunt.

Ofc - if he's just the "I'm not indicating" kind of cunt and goes straight on then he's slowed down your entry to the roundabout by a few seconds - seconds that add up for busy traffic.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
This is an awful lot of bollocks to post when you could just admit you were wrong, after trying to start an argument in "Random annoying things"

As per the highway code, if going right, you indicate when you approach the roundabout, then further indicate when you are leaving the roundabout. If going straight on, you don't indicate, until leaving the roundabout. That way, the white car knows what the fuck you are doing.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
This is an awful lot of bollocks to post when you could just admit you were wrong
But I wasn't? As indicated by the agrees, peoples posts affirming it, and then the posting of the highway code confirming it.

Are you actually mad m8?

Wowzers. Have a medal. :(

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Then lots of people need to retake their test.

Fucking hell man;

From the Highway Code, Rule 186:

Rule 186
Signals and position. When taking the first exit to the left, unless signs or markings indicate otherwise

• signal left and approach in the left-hand lane
  • keep to the left on the roundabout and continue signalling left to leave.
When taking an exit to the right or going full circle, unless signs or markings indicate otherwise

• signal right and approach in the right-hand lane
  • keep to the right on the roundabout until you need to change lanes to exit the roundabout
  • signal left after you have passed the exit before the one you want.
When taking any intermediate exit, unless signs or markings indicate otherwise

• select the appropriate lane on approach to the roundabout
  • you should not normally need to signal on approach
  • stay in this lane until you need to alter course to exit the roundabout
When there are more than three lanes at the entrance to a roundabout, use the most appropriate lane on approach and through it.

You should give priority to cyclists on the roundabout. They will be travelling more slowly than motorised traffic. Give them plenty of room and do not attempt to overtake them within their lane. Allow them to move across your path as they travel around the roundabout.

Cyclists, horse riders and horse drawn vehicles may stay in the left-hand lane when they intend to continue across or around the roundabout and should signal right to show you they are not leaving the roundabout. Drivers should take extra care when entering a roundabout to ensure that they do not cut across cyclists, horse riders or horse drawn vehicles in the left-hand lane, who are continuing around the roundabout.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Fucking hell man;

From the Highway Code, Rule 186:

Rule 186
Signals and position. When taking the first exit to the left, unless signs or markings indicate otherwise

• signal left and approach in the left-hand lane
  • keep to the left on the roundabout and continue signalling left to leave.
When taking an exit to the right or going full circle, unless signs or markings indicate otherwise

• keep to the right on the roundabout until you need to change lanes to exit the roundabout
When taking any intermediate exit, unless signs or markings indicate otherwise

• select the appropriate lane on approach to the roundabout
  • you should not normally need to signal on approach
  • stay in this lane until you need to alter course to exit the roundabout
When there are more than three lanes at the entrance to a roundabout, use the most appropriate lane on approach and through it.

You should give priority to cyclists on the roundabout. They will be travelling more slowly than motorised traffic. Give them plenty of room and do not attempt to overtake them within their lane. Allow them to move across your path as they travel around the roundabout.

Cyclists, horse riders and horse drawn vehicles may stay in the left-hand lane when they intend to continue across or around the roundabout and should signal right to show you they are not leaving the roundabout. Drivers should take extra care when entering a roundabout to ensure that they do not cut across cyclists, horse riders or horse drawn vehicles in the left-hand lane, who are continuing around the roundabout.

Yeah, so...

Which was the whole point of my "random annoying thing" - people don't do it. They enter the roundabout with no indicators and simply rely on indicating off the roundabout.

So, in the picture, me being the white car, has no fucking idea what the green car wants to do, because they aren't indicating. Indicating to go straight on (as in no indicators) then actually going right. If I could be arsed I would go to the car and get the dashcam footage.

All this because you people can't fucking drive. lol

Edit, 4 way roundabout, me heading straight, other guy approaching straight (towards me), he offers no indicators approaching the roundabout. Where would you assume he is going? No left to come off the immediate left, no right to indicate is going round. Yeah, huzzah, that suggests he is going straight on. But no, he is going (his) right.

Frankly this is weird. You folks need to really think about a refresher.

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Are you having a bad time or something @Raven?

You even regurgitated your "no indicators count as indicating to go straight on" bullshit.

Lets be very clear: it doesn't.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Are you having a bad time or something @Raven?

You even regurgitated your "no indicators count as indicating to go straight on" bullshit.

Lets be very clear: it doesn't.

You keep saying that, despite the highway code saying it does. You do what you like :) you can't drive properly. Top tip, you need to look at the blue car, going straight on (no approaching indication) in the picture and compare it to the green car (indicating right) going right.

DaGaffer

Yeah, so...

Which was the whole point of my "random annoying thing" - people don't do it. They enter the roundabout with no indicators and simply rely on indicating off the roundabout.

So, in the picture, me being the white car, has no fucking idea what the green car wants to do, because they aren't indicating. Indicating to go straight on (as in no indicators) then actually going right. If I could be arsed I would go to the car and get the dashcam footage.

All this because you people can't fucking drive. lol

Edit, 4 way roundabout, me heading straight, other guy approaching straight (towards me), he offers no indicators approaching the roundabout. Where would you assume he is going? No left to come off the immediate left, no right to indicate is going round. Yeah, huzzah, that suggests he is going straight on. But no, he is going (his) right.

Frankly this is weird. You folks need to really think about a refresher.

signal left after you have passed the exit before the one you want

I even highlighted the relevant bit for you. This applies to any exit after the first one. How are you not getting this?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah, so you agree, when approaching a roundabout, you should indicate your intention. So going right, you should approach, indicating right, going left, you should approach, indicating left, going straight on, nothing, until on the roundabout, at which point you indicate to come off. You should not simply rely on indicating your exit, because that is useless to others approaching the roundabout.

Look, I don't know if you just skipped the lesson, or just can't read simple diagrams, frankly I am not that bothered, but you are clearly wrong.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Also what roundabout users don't generally realise is that it's perfectly legal (but not recommended) to circle the roundabout in the nearside lane. There's case law on this but I don't recall the case name, but basically if you're near the centre circle and want to take an exit, the car on your nearside has priority. You're the one changing lane, you give way. Even if that other motorist "should" also take the exit.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Point of fact, not doing what I have said you are supposed to do would be a driving test fail.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I really don't see what you lot are arguing about, you seem to be saying the same thing.

DaGaffer

Yeah, so you agree, when approaching a roundabout, you should indicate your intention. So going right, you should approach, indicating right, going left, you should approach, indicating left, going straight on, nothing, until on the roundabout, at which point you indicate to come off. You should not simply rely on indicating your exit, because that is useless to others approaching the roundabout.

Look, I don't know if you just skipped the lesson, or just can't read simple diagrams, frankly I am not that bothered, but you are clearly wrong.

Fucking hell. It's literally there in black and white; wifuly denying the words exist doesn't make you right, and makes you thick as mince or mad as a balloon. Take your pick.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Fucking hell. It's literally there in black and white; wifuly denying the words exist doesn't make you right, and makes you thick as mince or mad as a balloon. Take your pick.

Yeah, I think if you read what I typed, and compared it to the (quite easy to follow) diagram, you will find that I am correct.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I really don't see what you lot are arguing about, you seem to be saying the same thing.

Yes this is one for the records for sure.

Raven is saying people *not* indicating off the round about, not on the approach.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

Nah, I said that if approaching a roundabout with the intention of going right, you should indicate as such before you enter the roundabout, these idiots disagree (despite the easy-to-follow diagram) they would fail a driving test.

Again, all this pish over a "random annoying thing" fucks sake.

Last edited:

Embattle

FH is my second home
Nah, I said that if approaching a roundabout with the intention of going right, you should indicate as such before you enter the roundabout, these idiots disagree, they would fail a driving test.

Are you sure they are, either way on a standard 4 exit roundabout it is:

1st Exit - Left signal from approach.
2nd Exit - No signal on approach, signal left once you past 1st exit.
3rd Exit - Signal right from approach, left signal once past 2nd exit.
4th Exit - Signal right from approach, left signal once past 3rd exit.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Are you sure they are, either way on a standard 4 exit roundabout it is:

1st Exit - Left signal from approach.
2nd Exit - No signal on approach, signal left once you past 1st exit.
3rd Exit - Signal right from approach, left signal once past 2nd exit.
4th Exit - Signal right from approach, left signal once past 3rd exit.

Yes, which is what I have said. So, if you are approaching a 4 way roundabout and another car is approaching from the opposite direction, if they want to go right (so passing in front of you) you would expect them to be indicating (their) right, and then left as they exit. If they were taking (their) left, they would indicate so and exit the roundabout, if they were going straight on, they don't indicate when joining the roundabout (because they are going neither left nor right) but do indicate their exit. So if someone hits a roundabout without signals, they are going straight on, and you can join the roundabout.

The diagram you posted is the rules, and exactly what I have said it is. I can't help people are arguing against it.

DaGaffer

Yes, which is what I have said. So, if you are approaching a 4 way roundabout and another car is approaching from the opposite direction, if they want to go right (so passing in front of you) you would expect them to be indicating (their) right, and then left as they exit. If they were taking (their) left, they would indicate so and exit the roundabout, if they were going straight on, they don't indicate when joining the roundabout (because they are going neither left nor right) but do indicate their exit. So if someone hits a roundabout without signals, they are going straight on, and you can join the roundabout.

The diagram you posted is the rules, and exactly what I have said it is. I can't help people are arguing against it.

No you repeatedly said don't signal AT ALL if going straight ahead. Which is wrong.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Not only that - my very first post in reply to his described the highway code perfectly and @Raven said I was wrong.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You're still at it, lol. No, I was quite correct, and I cba to explain it yet again.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You can't indicate going straight on before entering a roundabout - you should start indicating your exit from the 'straight on' exit as you start to pass the exit of the preceeding exit.

That way, people wanting to enter the roundabout at the entrance before your exit see a signal indicating you're leaving, and the people wanting to exit at the exit you are passing when beginning to indicate don't get confused.

Clear? :)
This is a perfect description of the highway code for what you do when going straight on @Raven - it's my very first post - and you said it was wrong - and continued that despite the 'blue car' journey being posted.

It was clear enough for four other Freddies to agree. but maybe they're all thick, like me.

Kindly explain where that is "wrong".

Ormorof

FH is my second home
People that are late for calls they have arranged themselves, if you want to talk to me at 9am show up at 9am ffs

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
People that are late for calls they have arranged themselves, if you want to talk to me at 9am show up at 9am ffs

Interviewers (Not candidates, though technical issues have become more common..) are the worst for this.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
My local GP sending out almost daily updates that are borderline spam thought the latest one really wins the prize: "Please visit the clinic for a preliminary menopause examination."

If they can't even get my basic medical details right ... :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom