SPAM random annoying things

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Sky Glass is essentially a branded smart TV with NOW TV installed isn't it? It's all probably better integrated with Sky Glass but you'd get the same (or near enough) content with any smart TV or stick or whatever that can install the NOW TV app.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Well it did make a difference; it made things worse. Cover is now removed and normal service resumed.

Don't really want a larger dish stuck on the side of the house. I could move back to Virgin for TV (I've just ponied up for an upgrade to 1GB cable, so we'll see what speeds I actually get when the new modem arrives), but last time I was with them their stb was terrible. For all their flakiness in wet weather, Sky Q boxes are really good.

Just out of interest, did the rain cover go over the LNB and dish, or just the dish?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Have you considered getting one of those sky glass thingies? No dish and no box, although I guess should your connection drop, no TV.

I quite like them, but I have three perfectly good TVs already.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
My sister has one, they are OK, not the best quality though.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
LNB only.

It could be a generic material that doesn't allow 800MHz frequencies through then. Or it might be so shit that it became sodden with water and blocked most of the signal. The LNB shouldn't need protection though, the horn should have a plastic cap and the rest of the antenna should be completely watertight. There's a small possibility the antenna cable is no longer sealed properly and that water is now running down the inside of the cable.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Actually, was it one of those plastic shields I've just seen online? What a fucking scam. Absolutely useless and probably doesn't follow the path of the signal, which on an offset dish is very different than you'd expect.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Actually, was it one of those plastic shields I've just seen online? What a fucking scam. Absolutely useless and probably doesn't follow the path of the signal, which on an offset dish is very different than you'd expect.
I've also never seen those tunnel things until I just looked them up earlier. My first thought was that it actually be physically blocking the path from the edges of the dish to the LNB.

You say "rain cover to protect the LNB" to me and I think of the plastic thing with the green arrow on it in this pic:

dish8_0959.jpg

which exists solely to protect the cable connections by sliding down to cover them after installation. That's all the protection you can offer on the dish itself imo, nothing else will improve the situation if the atmospherics are bad.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Making the absolute school boy error of first, getting a drill bit stuck so hard the drill loses all friction, but compounding it by trying to give it "a little wiggle" to loosen it up, completely forgetting it is red-hot. Nice burn on my finger and thumb. Fucking stupid. Worked with tools for years, should know better. But, at least tomorrow I can move out of the spare room back into the living room, Now I have designed/built and fitted a desk.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
So David Beckham shows himself to be a man of the people by queuing to see old Liz, now he's doing Qatari tourism adverts.

Dickhead.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
3 people keep asking me what I want for my 35th.

"Buy me a fucking rice cooker"

Sorted.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Airlines what a bunch of wankers

Moved my flight by two days over xmas, if i wanted to fly out two days earlier i would have booked it as it was cheaper at the time ffs

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Had my first ever "Bad news dude, you might be not passing your probation" call today. Don't feel great.

There are some silver linings there, but without being able to talk to people about it it's crap. :|

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Work stuff is difficult 23 years later I will be made redundant… I have known for a year and I am at peace with my outcome just not with the way it was managed- since making the decision for my manager I have been approached with two new opportunities in the org, neither very interesting vs using the gardening leave to get healthy, be out doing some photography and finishing studying Swedish as a 2nd language…..here’s to new adventures

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Had my first ever "Bad news dude, you might be not passing your probation" call today. Don't feel great.

There are some silver linings there, but without being able to talk to people about it it's crap. :|
Don't mean optimistic in a bad way, meant by stay optimistic! Things are only shit when they are shit, no point worrying about it until it happens, if it happens.

Edit, You can have one too @Yoni

Edit, also, getting made redundant ~15 years ago, is probably the best thing that ever happened to me, career wise.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I am! I am quite excited …. But these last months since the summer are really hard …. 3 months 1 week to go

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Having to go up in the roof to get shit that I put up there 2 years ago and hoped to never see again.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
People that indicate to leave a roundabout, rather than doing it properly and indicating before entering the roundabout.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Best just to throw it away if you never want to see it again

Nah, it's school shit that my wife needs, which means it will kick around for ages, then when it is gone, will be replaced by other shit for me to put away.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
People that indicate to leave a roundabout, rather than doing it properly and indicating before entering the roundabout.
You can't indicate going straight on before entering a roundabout - you should start indicating your exit from the 'straight on' exit as you start to pass the exit of the preceeding exit.

That way, people wanting to enter the roundabout at the entrance before your exit see a signal indicating you're leaving, and the people wanting to exit at the exit you are passing when beginning to indicate don't get confused.

Clear? :)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Pet hate of mine at roundabouts is when there's someone in the middle lane on the approach and starts indicating left before they reach the roundabout, then silly twat me slows down to let them go into the left lane, and that isn't their intent and then it triggers some dickhead behind you.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You can't indicate going straight on before entering a roundabout - you should start indicating your exit from the 'straight on' exit as you start to pass the exit of the preceeding exit.

That way, people wanting to enter the roundabout at the entrance before your exit see a signal indicating you're leaving, and the people wanting to exit at the exit you are passing when beginning to indicate don't get confused.

Clear? :)

You indicate that you are going straight on by not indicating. You indicate that you are going right at the round about...by indicating right as you enter it, then left as you exit. That way, people waiting to enter the roundabout don't have to play "guess what the wankers doing"

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
You indicate that you are going straight on by not indicating. You indicate that you are going right at the round about...by indicating right as you enter it, then left as you exit. That way, people waiting to enter the roundabout don't have to play "guess what the wankers doing"

Nope. Highway code is if you're going straight on you indicate left just before your exit when you're on the roundabout itself. Doesn't work for mini-roundabouts obviously.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Otherwise people wont have an indication (get it?) What you are doing

Is indicating into roundabout a British only thing? I tried explaining it to a friend and he thought i was nuts, here you only indicate to exit nothing else

Tom

I am a FH squatter

You indicate to give others an idea of what your intentions may be. That's it. If indicating helps, indicate. If there's nobody who'll benefit from the signal, don't indicate. It's called roadcraft and what advanced police drivers train on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom