SPAM random annoying things

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Fallout 4 Loading times.
I agree. Got a couple of hours in before getting bored of it - and the loading times, despite having an NVME drive and 16Gb RAM, just annoyed the piss out of me.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I agree. Got a couple of hours in before getting bored of it - and the loading times, despite having an NVME drive and 16Gb RAM, just annoyed the piss out of me.

There is a way to overcome it with a change to the Fallout4Prefs.ini by changing iPresentInterval=1 to iPresentInterval=0 which I believe disables vsync but this does cause some issues elsewhere such as lock picking now rotates super fast so you break pins easier.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Someone on Facebook complaining that something should have been diagnosed 2 years ago, but it didn't happen, but now it has and it's getting sorted.

Everyone responding to it with 'SUE THEM, THE NHS IS SHIT!'

Makes sense.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Went over on my ankle last night. Think I felt a snap. Thing's swollen up like a balloon.

Really hope I've not actually done my ligaments badly. I've already had them surgically replaced once :(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Sony have disabled Plex on my TV (the arseholes). I've been waiting for it to get sorted but I may have to purchase something else and run through that instead (which is fucking annoying - I just want to use my remote, ping up my plex client and everything else can go jump, 'cause I don't watch normal telly).

What's the dongle of choice nowadays?

Syri

FH is my second home
Sony have disabled Plex on my TV (the arseholes). I've been waiting for it to get sorted but I may have to purchase something else and run through that instead (which is fucking annoying - I just want to use my remote, ping up my plex client and everything else can go jump, 'cause I don't watch normal telly).

I'm not sure of the best dongle at the moment, as I've got a PC hooked up to my TV, but I did look into the plex issue as my dad's TV is also affected by it (also a Sony). Apparently there's another app store that you can install from Sony's app store called either Opera Store or VEWD. Once installed, open that store and there should be another version of plex in there. I don't know if this applies to all Sony TVs, and it does mean an extra couple of button presses to launch it, but it saves buying a dongle.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Just tried that on mine, worked a treat. Although to be honest, most streaming etc is done through the Chromecast now, and it's allowed us to tell Google to turn the TV off.

Or as we discovered works this morning "Hey Google, turn t'telly off duck".

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Can someone explain to me why Women’s Soccer League coverage now seems to be compulsory content on the front of all the major news outlets? (And maybe at the same time explain why its called “Women’s Soccer League”?) Average attendance is about 2000 per game, and yet League 1 and 2, with much bigger crowds, get basically no coverage whatsoever. Isn’t sports coverage in newspapers and TV usually based on popularity of the sports in question?

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Can someone explain to me why Women’s Soccer League coverage now seems to be compulsory content on the front of all the major news outlets? (And maybe at the same time explain why its called “Women’s Soccer League”?) Average attendance is about 2000 per game, and yet League 1 and 2, with much bigger crowds, get basically no coverage whatsoever. Isn’t sports coverage in newspapers and TV usually based on popularity of the sports in question?
If it wasn't covered there would be complaints from "certain types" unfortunately.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Depends what you want to spend. NVIDIA Shield is best imho and can actually be your Plex server as well but you won't get all the terrestrial catch up services.

Amazon fire stick will do though and it's cheap to boot though no YouTube app.

If you've got an old Raspberry Pi you could use that as well.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
@Syri found the answer Meg - it's a few extra clicks but then back to plex :)

If I don't *have* to spend money I won't. But ta anyway.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
My stupid brain. I consider myself to be pretty good at handling stress these days (after many years when I wasn't), and I've worked hard on mindfulness and all that shite. Unfortunately when I'm asleep my brain says "fuck that". I've just been to the dentist and I've apparently quite literally ground two of my teeth into unrecoverable pieces in my sleep. I'm going to have to lose them both and I'm looking at €2.5-€5k to get implants to replace them (one is at the back so I might not bother but the other will be visible). Stupid brain.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
My stupid brain. I consider myself to be pretty good at handling stress these days (after many years when I wasn't), and I've worked hard on mindfulness and all that shite. Unfortunately when I'm asleep my brain says "fuck that". I've just been to the dentist and I've apparently quite literally ground two of my teeth into unrecoverable pieces in my sleep. I'm going to have to lose them both and I'm looking at €2.5-€5k to get implants to replace them (one is at the back so I might not bother but the other will be visible). Stupid brain.
Ouch.

I'm getting told I'm doing just that by the dentist too. And I can hear the o/h doing it in her sleep.

May be time for getting a nighttime shield, at least short term, to see if behaviour can be changed.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
It's bullshit some webpages are knowingly making the 'opt-out' from personal tracking etc, extremely complicated and vague, just so you'll just go with their ad-crap. One page made you click on hundreds of partnering trackers to avoid them and for some, you have to go onto an external page and opt out. Can they do so? Most webpages lets you reject all with one button.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Spanish "God Holidays", there's loads of them.
Trying to get stuff organised and everywhere closed today and tomorrow.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Spanish "God Holidays", there's loads of them.
Trying to get stuff organised and everywhere closed today and tomorrow.
Better having them than not having them.

At least they're not working like us slaves in the UK :)

Got any more pics?

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Started sorting out the loft last night got a third of the way through. Now sitting on couch with shredder in front of me. Three large boxes of paperwork dating back 30 years, so far....

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
It's bullshit some webpages are knowingly making the 'opt-out' from personal tracking etc, extremely complicated and vague, just so you'll just go with their ad-crap. One page made you click on hundreds of partnering trackers to avoid them and for some, you have to go onto an external page and opt out. Can they do so? Most webpages lets you reject all with one button.
We need browser white list for total cookie clearance while keeping you fav sites logged in.
Is there an extension to do this?

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Brave Browser does that by default.

Try loading forbes.com on IE, Edge, Firefox, Chrome and Brave... And notice the difference :)

Job

So my ongoing hate of win10.
Im trying to find out why the built in file explorer is just quite simply the biggest pile of fucking shit ever coded on the planet.
Seems its linked into cortona and thats why it does everything it can to be as slow as fuck.
You used to be able to disable cortina easily, but now its a pain.
You can do various tricks in the settings to speed it up, but still its just a fucking abortion.
I clicked on a image to be opened up in photo.
The drive is a mechanical 7200 , but still it took 56 seconds to display the image.
What the living fuck is it doing?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Im trying to find out why the built in file explorer is just quite simply the biggest pile of fucking shit ever coded on the planet.
Seems its linked into cortona and thats why it does everything it can to be as slow as fuck.
You can do various tricks in the settings to speed it up, but still its just a fucking abortion.
The drive is a mechanical 7200 , but still it took 56 seconds to display the image.
Running on a pentium 75?

Specs or GTFO tbfh.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Something seriously wrong with your pc dude.

Job

Its a quad core 1.6 with 6gb ram.

The disk is slow obviously..but seriously, my XP machine is even slower and it pretty well instantly displays an image .
I presume youre all on the latest ssd's

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom