SPAM random annoying things

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I'm feeling like someone is kicking up dust to bamboozle me when i read stuff like "Minister didn't pay for patio, her partner promises to pay", and some such. Stop treating me like a attention deficit child and give me some news.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I'm feeling like someone is kicking up dust to bamboozle me when i read stuff like "Minister didn't pay for patio, her partner promises to pay", and some such. Stop treating me like a attention deficit child and give me some news.

Meh, it would be alright if anything was actually done about it.

I was reading about our Attorney General the other day, Geoffrey Cox, before he became Attorney General he was still a barrister and was earning slightly under £1million a year.

He claimed for a house in London (as his ward wasn't near London) which I suppose legally and technically is fine, but I mean in principle, he earned £1million a year and claimed a house probably worth a couple of mill from the tax payer.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
How many years of earning £1 mil does it take to buy a house in London? An uneducated shitty estimated guess from a foreigner says at least seven. Fair enough you claim a house if you can't afford it and you are legally entitled to it, no?

I guess he will have to return the house once he leaves his position? So the house will probably be sold and the money + possible earnings from the sale are returned to the tax payers.

Financially he'd probably be better off buying a house in the long run, but can't afford one in London, so he claims one he is legally entitled to.

Am I wrong?

Gwadien

I mean sure, you're right, but that's probably because of his expectations are super high.

He could easily buy a house and commute in like hundreds of thousands of Londoners do, but they don't earn £1million a year.

Being a MP should be a privilege, not a privileged position.

Especially in a climate where we're criticising the political elite, it just seems like it's a perfect time to question stuff like this.

What other public job provides the same? I just can't believe you wouldn't feel ashamed of yourself knowing the situation of your constituents yet you're frockling around with bags of £.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I just can't believe you wouldn't feel ashamed of yourself knowing the situation of your constituents yet you're frockling around with bags of £.
Get real. Nobody would turn it down.

That's why the system needs to change. Because humans can't be counted on to "do the right thing".

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So you *do* support VAR. :clap:

Lulz :)

No. Because it's humans watching a telly screen, as opposed to the ref. And they're still clearly wrong. Plus, accurate decisions in football aren't actually desireable in all situations :)

Plus: Advertising :eek:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Finally got time to go see the new Spider Man movie this evening - and it's not on anywhere :eek:

I'd better go do my ironing :(

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Don't tell me you are referring to the new animated one. It feels imo, through and through as a kids movie.

Nope. Its a Spider-Man movie, and probably the best one ever made. But even if you do dismiss it as a kids' movie, watch it for the visuals, which are incredible.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The fact that, despite having nothing to do and two bikes downstairs, I'm sat up here rather than going outside for a little pootle about.

Why am I like that? :(

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Lazy day.
Doing the same myself.
I find the website pretty easy tbh...just pages of ..no I havent got an offshore account and no I havent made any profit from betting against brexit on the stock market.

Gwadien

If he's such a good builder, why doesn't he embark on a HUGE infrastructure project? - Aren't the roads in America famously awful?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
If he's such a good builder, why doesn't he embark on a HUGE infrastructure project? - Aren't the roads in America famously awful?

Road building is a State problem (which is why they're so shit), the only time they've been able to use Federal money was the interstate system in the 1950s when Eisenhower cheated by making road building a military project (the roads were for moving ICBMs around).

Much as I detest Trump, he doesn't have that many good options for public infrastructure projects, largely thanks to the short-sightedness of his own party over decades.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Cleaned both wireless mouse and keyboard while they were turned on, with water and a rag + some soap. Works intermittently when clicking etc..

I'm dumb.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
"Polar Vortex"? NB. When did the weather get a marketing department?

My mom mentioned a "Polar Vortex" stretching out from the polar circle like were about to be steamrolled by another ice-tide. Guys; Time to buy those steampunk-like glasses and arctic jackets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom