SPAM random annoying things

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Its a quad core 1.6 with 6gb ram.

The disk is slow obviously..but seriously, my XP machine is even slower and it pretty well instantly displays an image .
I presume youre all on the latest ssd's
Quad core 1.6ghz? Modern processors run over double that. 7200 is fast for a hdd. Only scsi 10k ones are faster.

Even so i would expect it to be within a second or two. 6gb ram is on the low side if you have a lot of stuff open and running.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
He's either exaggerating because he hates Windows (try Linux) or one of the several dodgy sites he probably frequents have infected him with some mining malware or something or his system is just so clogged up with bullshit bloated third party apps and toolbars and whatever else that it strains to do anything. Windows 10 goes like shit off of a shovel compared to earlier releases, even on lesser hardware (to a point).

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Its a completely clean install.

If you bother to look the slowness and utter shiteness of the explorer is all over the net.

The rest of the PC works as fine as youd expect considering the bloat of win10.
It takes about three times as long to boot up as my xp machine if you do a full off.
Which is to be expected because why optimise when you can bloat.
Sells SSD's I suppose.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
You've got a history of having this weird grudge against "Microshite" so any complaints you have should be greeted with scepticism.

Some aspects of Windows 10 are shite (searching is just *weird* a lot of the time) but speed of the file explorer has never been an issue that I've seen. If it's a disk that needs to wake up, that'll cause a delay, if it's a network share, that might cause a delay. If the view setting of the folder is set to icons it might take time to go through creating previews for the contents. I searched a bit and every result had loads of fixes, including disabling Cortana.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

If you bother to look the slowness and utter shiteness of the explorer is all over the net.

It takes about three times as long to boot up as my xp machine if you do a full off.
Sells SSD's I suppose.

We could look, but sadly evidence of you being a feckless idiot who can't even use a microSD card properly is all over this forum. So that, plus the fact that Windows 10 is flying along on this PC, which is 10 years old this September has made me decide that can't be bothered.

Windows 10 isn't shite. You are, however.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I watched a film last night.

When I got to the end I realised I had seen it before.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What one?

Messaged you about yer problem on steam btw. Some of us have jobs to do ;)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It was the post above :p

Unless we have to quote something every time nowadays... (the steam thing was separate from FH btw)

I was only fucking about anyway... keeps the finger off the ban Job button ;)

dysfunction

FH is my second home
When you are crossing the road why would you aim yourself at the person opposite you?

Ffs just go to the left or right not straight at another person. It's not even a direct cross they do it at an angle.

What is wrong with people

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad

Sells SSD's I suppose.
Tried downloading another explorer for your super computer? Some tards at work use Total Commander; I reckon it'd suit you

Job

Yes..I ve done that and its practically instant in its response.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Raining heavily outside, ice cold rain. The one subway line to my area of NYC is having trouble. Train pulls into my stop, announces it's going straight back the way it came.

Embattle

FH is my second home
When you are crossing the road why would you aim yourself at the person opposite you?

Ffs just go to the left or right not straight at another person. It's not even a direct cross they do it at an angle.

What is wrong with people

Safety from cars, you know when people are looking at mobiles as they cross a road there might be a 50/50 chance the other person gets hit first :p

Job

Pei0le who enter motorway on slip road, accelerate to the exact same speed as you and expect you to change lanes to let them in , when the middle lane is chock full of bumper to bumper cars.
They could just go past or slow down a tiny bit...no, they want the bit of road you are in
I just ignore the fuckers till they have to slam on at the end of the slip road.

Gwadien

I thought the etiquette was to slow down if they're speeding up if you're on the inside lane and you can't move across.

I thought forcing someone to have to stop on a motorway sliproad was extremely dangerous.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yep. Only a dick thinks it's a problem to slightly lift his right foot a tiny amount to drive in a manner that shows he understands that roads are shared spaces.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I thought the etiquette was to slow down if they're speeding up if you're on the inside lane and you can't move across.

I thought forcing someone to have to stop on a motorway sliproad was extremely dangerous.
The law says you are not supposed to make anyone else change speed or take avoiding action when over taking or joining a road. The etiquette might be a generally accepted way that it works in reality. But they should look for the gap and join rather than force others to change their speed or direction.

Gwadien

The law says you are not supposed to make anyone else change speed or take avoiding action when over taking or joining a road. The etiquette might be a generally accepted way that it works in reality. But they should look for the gap and join rather than force others to change their speed or direction.

Merging traffic at 50-70 mph isn't an easy thing to do.

I think people should help each other rather than intentionally making it difficult and therefore more likely to cause an accident because you're upset with the way that they're driving.

Job

Most times they dont even look, they speed up to exactly your speed and start moving over.
I only notice this because the wife hates motorways and we sit in the inside lane which is actually the most dangerous because of tailgating lorries and fucknuts streaming in on sliproads without looking.
There eyes are fixed on the outside lane and how to get to it as quick as possible

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Trying to find decent accommodation in the middle of the Spanish countryside at last minute. Woke up to an email from the place we were supposed to be staying, "we've had a fire". :(

SilverHood

FH is my second home
isn't it easier for people already on the motorway to slow down a little? I've seen instances where the ramp road to the motorway is at a standstill because people wouldn't let them out. Joining 50-70 mph traffic from stationary is incredibly dangerous.

CorNokZ

Slowing down and having to reaccelerate is very costly on the fuel consumption.

"Lol CorN, you idiot! Hurr durr good manners!"

If I am on a steady pace and have to slow down, that means the guy behind has to slow down, and if he slows down then the guy behind him etc... If every truck or lorry had to slow down because some idiot had trouble merging we'd all be stuck in a deadlock on the motorways burning precious fossil fuels and wasting our time.

Coming into a motorway it is your job to find the space and accelerate accordingly. It is the law, so fuck your etiquette

Gwadien

Slowing down and having to reaccelerate is very costly on the fuel consumption.

"Lol CorN, you idiot! Hurr durr good manners!"

If I am on a steady pace and have to slow down, that means the guy behind has to slow down, and if he slows down then the guy behind him etc... If every truck or lorry had to slow down because some idiot had trouble merging we'd all be stuck in a deadlock on the motorways burning precious fossil fuels and wasting our time.

Coming into a motorway it is your job to find the space and accelerate accordingly. It is the law, so fuck your etiquette

Surely it's worse for someone to slow down from 70 to 0 than it is for you to slow from 70 to 60/50?

CorNokZ

Surely it's worse for someone to slow down from 70 to 0 than it is for you to slow from 70 to 60/50?
Yes, if I was the only motor vehicle on the motorway, but as I wrote in my previous post, the one you quoted but didnt read, slowing down on the motorway usually causes a chain reaction.

So surely it is better for the car merging to adjust its speed accordingly, than having three cars, a lorry and two massive trucks to slow down, because of good etiquette?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom