Question about Irvr for Randoms/Solo/duoers

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Well I was wondering, what Albion and Hib Randoms/solo/duoers think of the version of Irvr we have atm. Im not interested in what FG runners think atm.(mainly because the only answere you get there is that all Irvr suck even though there are 99% of the rvr zones empty to roam fg in)

Myself I actually think Eras, Surs and Bold is the best Irvr version so far. Zerg gets concentrarated about the same as at Berk, its just easier to move around etc and not get cought up in it if you dont want too!:)

/Charmangle

Fuaip

Can't get enough of FH
no irvr is the best that can happen, and thats for both solo and group. irvr is lame and the only place for adding *****/nubs to get some easy rps. Also the IRvR+RP patch turned the warder zerg into rr5+.. irvr is pathetic and lame imo :touch:

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Absolute shit, i'll trebbing towers down to break it at the earliest opportunity.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Its quite fun, especially if you like getting zerged 10 out of 10 runs. Absolutely marvelous, can we have this for eternity?

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Seen groups add tonight who i'd never thought would. Very dissapointing.
Ofc the usual adders were in full force too (hi LA).

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Noone stops you from going elsewhere to have non add fights. irvr = full of zergs and still the fullgroups who want 8vs8 go there.Now the Question why do they do that?

To get easy rps from soloers, duos, trios,zergs, etc while there is nothingelse to do.You got TS, Forums etc to to choose your 8vs8 battlefield like agramon or fuck knows where.But still you are all hanging arround the irvr zone.

And then coming here writing about how lame and full off adding it is kinda strange.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Icebreaker said:
Noone stops you from going elsewhere to have non add fights. irvr = full of zergs and still the fullgroups who want 8vs8 go there.Now the Question why do they do that?

To get easy rps from soloers, duos, trios,zergs, etc while there is nothingelse to do.You got TS, Forums etc to to choose your 8vs8 battlefield like agramon or fuck knows where.But still you are all hanging arround the irvr zone.

And then coming here writing about how lame and full off adding it is kinda strange.

Regarding soloers, the obviously flaw in your logic however is that there is nowhere else to go to get fights, mainly due to lack of people soloing, and due to lack of creative minds. I've roamed the outskirts of the busy zones, and for nothing. Never anyone around, so it's pointless and waste of time. Forced to risk the idiotic add and zerg galore in irvr.

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Icebreaker said:

I put my group up in agramon.rvr on irc. No other groups have, they all want to zerg and add like tards.

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Coldbeard said:
Regarding soloers, the obviously flaw in your logic however is that there is nowhere else to go to get fights, mainly due to lack of people soloing, and due to lack of creative minds. I've roamed the outskirts of the busy zones, and for nothing. Never anyone around, so it's pointless and waste of time. Forced to risk the idiotic add and zerg galore in irvr.

This is because everyone and his mum is going to irvr even if they dont like it. (or atleast say so on fh)Thats what i mean. Its easy arrange rvr away from the irvr zones but noone does it.

Thats the lemming effect. Go where the rps are. :p

aslird

Fledgling Freddie
Had a very nice night for soloing tonight - ofc i stayed well away from all the irvr stuff, but if was there, i wouldn't expect to get any solo fights :)

Everz

FH is my second home
The only irvr i like is in hibs (before the relics go bb), where you can either go towards crim for zerg or towards bolg for some nice duo/trio rvr.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Erhmmm...

Coldbeard said:

Hmm...so the reason that Irvr is bad is that no one else likes playing the way you like more than Irvr so they would rather go there? (thats the same argument as fg players use isnt it? And isnt that abit flawed argument?

/Charmangle

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
it's just zerg zerg zerg but can be kinda funny for awhile

for fg's it's just a pile-on

Drege

Loyal Freddie
The only good thing with irvr is that it makes the realms that dont host irvr a pretty calm and nice place for soloers.

mixi

Fledgling Freddie
Drege said:
The only good thing with irvr is that it makes the realms that dont host irvr a pretty calm and nice place for soloers.

lol thats BS.

kivik

Part of the furniture
mixi said:
lol thats BS.

Not really, sure there are some groups that keep wiping even to lower numbers in iRvR so that they have to go to those calm places and farm soloers. But it's usually pretty good in DC if albion are hosting iRvR.

illu

Part of the furniture
There is no skill involved - but there are huge amount of RPs to be made.
I saw someone on 350k+ RP!!
Basically its zerg warfare, but it's FUN because anyone can just get out there and just get some RP (if you are a caster). Stealthers kill people on the routes from instaport to the bridge in the middle. The only people that dislike it are visibles who are not in a group.
But everyone else loves it simply because it's carnage, plenty of RP to be made, and no one really minds dying because they can be back in the action literally 4 minutes later.
All these elitist "I hate iRvR" people really need to piss off to Agramon or just get away from the instaport if they don't like it. There's 90% of the rest of the map that they can go to, so go and cry there and have your FG v FG optimised action that gives you so much thrill. Where do we find these FG's though? Slap bang in the middle of the iRvR creaming as many RP points as possible, taking out everyone - which is completely fair enough. Just hypocrites though :>
I say enjoy it while it lasts as it doesn't happen like this often.

Oli - Illu

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
you get the shitgrps that head to where the soloers are about (hi Flairs and co) because they cant handle equal numbers its to be expected though, if they stand no chance vs equal numbers then they are forced to try and farm soloers.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
IRvR is actually better for soloers, since you know where the action is going to be, and there are ofthen other soloers on the perifery.

You do have to pre-kite FGs lots and you will get run over more, but I always found I had 10x as much 1v1 during IRvR then at any other time.

That said IRvR in Mid sucks, it's only any good in Alb and Hib.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
I agree with that myself...

Mirt said:
That said IRvR in Mid sucks, it's only any good in Alb and Hib.
I agree with that myself...
And my point of this thread was kind of that I find this Irvr alot better than Berk, Beno, Eras for soloers. Mainly because all have a better reach (i.e Eras controller has abit closer) to this Irvr and it just seems more prone to skrimishes all over the place.

swords said:
Yea I noticed that too, actually even far from the main Irvr base at Bold. (Hi Blazeh and co. but damn if you have 350 k in 11 hours played one might actually consider it worth the bad rep maybe:)

Blaming that on Irvr might not be all that fair. Ofc the bad arguments come out with Irvr since all get so RP h***y, but thats really more up to the players, not the situation. (atleast not that far for zerg action) (i.e Bold T3 area)

All in all, in my opinion Irvr in Hib or Alb (what ever realm Im playing) gives me alot more choices how to play RvR and what chars to play, so its a good thing until some joker starts drooling for relics etc.

If I want solo fights I just go off the grid and try and find people, (if I cant find any then its really not Irvrs fault its just that there arent enough people who actually want to play as I want atm.)
Kagato said:
Absolute shit, i'll trebbing towers down to break it at the earliest opportunity.
And forcing them to by removing Irvr to get them to come and be farmed by you just doesnt seem like a really fair reason, does it Kagato? (If a majority is getting tired of it, or that it is for defending the realm, I can understand it, but not if the reason is, because not enough people enjoy 1vs1 with huge downtime enough to go somewhere else for you to fight:)

If I want fg vs fg, I do the same go off the grid and roam. (same here, if I cant find enough fg vs fg, then its not because of Irvr its because not enough fgs like playing like I want to play atm. But atleast I have the option then to go have something to do with the zerg and find some action atleast.)

And last and most importantly, all the people who normally have a hard time finding anything to stand alteast the slightest chance vs, have somewhere to go where it wount take an hour to get back to if you die. Even if that means getting killed 20 times in a day they still get some action out of it where they even might get to kill some of their own.

/Charmangle

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Its just like old frontiers.. everyone bunched up in a small area, everyone adding /zerging and whatnot.

Raimo

One of Freddy's beloved
swords said:
Why QQ about only LA,
when we were fighting a alb grp,suddenly 2fg mids jump us.
happened the other way aswel.So All added on all.
And it wasnt full LA grp u numbnut,only 2-3ppl.
Go run on agramon and make ur 1k rp in 10hrs.
theres no reason we should let u have a fare fight when we got added all night long.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
charmangle said:
And forcing them to by removing Irvr to get them to come and be farmed by you just doesnt seem like a really fair reason, does it Kagato? (If a majority is getting tired of it, or that it is for defending the realm, I can understand it, but not if the reason is, because not enough people enjoy 1vs1 with huge downtime enough to go somewhere else for you to fight:)

Removing instant RvR has nothing to do with solo. It has to do with the fact that its shitty, ruining RvR for alot of people and resulting in bridges being camped 24/7 and endangering my frontier. Stick irvr in hib or mid and your welcome to it. Try it in albion and i'll do everything I possibly can to ruin it.

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Thats the thing, you get added on so you go an add on people who haven't added on you, so everyone ends up adding on everyone else. Just wish some FGs would come Agramon and let the people who want the big scale rvr to do that but noone bothered to run Agramon. (in future, if you're sick of being added on, put your name down on agramon.rvr and come fight other FG's, if i make a group im sure to go there if theres even one other enemy group to fight).

Raimo

One of Freddy's beloved
swords said:
Thats the thing, you get added on so you go an add on people who haven't added on you, so everyone ends up adding on everyone else. Just wish some FGs would come Agramon and let the people who want the big scale rvr to do that but noone bothered to run Agramon. (in future, if you're sick of being added on, put your name down on agramon.rvr and come fight other FG's, if i make a group im sure to go there if theres even one other enemy group to fight).

Well if the bard decides to go Agramon ,then we go there.
And 1 more thing,why we dont run on agramon so much is that when some makes a thread about go to agramon etc,then there will be like 1-2 fg albs and mids and about 5-7fg hibs.Thats a big reason why we dont go there to get a fight every 30mins.
Would be more nice if albs and mids could make more decent FGs than 1 or 2 for agramon rvr.

swords

Can't get enough of FH
So bard decides everything? can't the group decide whether to run agramon or not? :p If every group thinks like that, then noone goes agramon and you get FG's which you meet, fight for 1min or so then get multiple FG's steaming in because they saw crossed swords on the warmap.
All agramon needs is 2fg from each realm to make it worthwhile imo, so its good to check on irc who is there or try and get people out there for FG fights.

Raimo

One of Freddy's beloved
Like I said before I dont mind running on agramon,but it usually too overcrowded by hibs.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Aha oki!:)

Kagato said:
Removing instant RvR has nothing to do with solo. It has to do with the fact that its shitty, ruining RvR for alot of people and resulting in bridges being camped 24/7 and endangering my frontier. Stick irvr in hib or mid and your welcome to it. Try it in albion and i'll do everything I possibly can to ruin it.

Aha oki, missunderstood your intentions with the post then!:)

(Not sure how it ruins anyones rvr though, unless they actually go the the Irvr spot:)

But defending your realm from the danger of Relictakes etc I do understand!:)

And I do agree that Irvr might be abit annoying after a while (it seems like at start all understand that its bad to go for more keeps/breaking ports etc for the Hoster, but after a while there is always some nitwit that feels the greed sin creep up on them and start to eye out the port towers of the hosting realm at 04.00 or so to increase action even more, and when no more action arrives (well kinda obvious that breaking port for someone doesnt get them to come running in zerg at 04.00, but no one accused them of beeing brainiacs), their "well then ill take a relic"-brain kicks into gear. And all of a sudden the Irvr turned from a good thing for most to a bad thing.

But for now atleast its nice action for all!:)

/Charmangle
/Charmangle

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
swords said:
So bard decides everything? can't the group decide whether to run agramon or not? :p If every group thinks like that, then noone goes agramon and you get FG's which you meet, fight for 1min or so then get multiple FG's steaming in because they saw crossed swords on the warmap.
All agramon needs is 2fg from each realm to make it worthwhile imo, so its good to check on irc who is there or try and get people out there for FG fights.

Absolutly, and it would be nice if those that dont like Irvr go there instead to make a good spot for all kinds of rvr.

Raimo said:
Like I said before I dont mind running on agramon,but it usually too overcrowded by hibs.

And I agree here too, atm hibs seem to be able to spawn about 2 times the amount of fgs that mids/albs can. But that doesnt mean you cant try one or 2 runs on Agramon out too, just to make sure what kind of action there is there at that time?:) (I do agree thought, that mostly its up to the GL to decide where to go)

/Charmangle

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Dont think it's so great from visible hib pov. Too much open space to cross from eras >> surs/bold to get farmed by fgs, prolly okay off-peak but not normally.

Then ofc everywhere else is almost totally dead, some action at beno but normally far to many hibs (going there for reason just mentioned).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom