Question about Irvr for Randoms/Solo/duoers

pip

Banned
charmangle said:
Well I was wondering, what Albion and Hib Randoms/solo/duoers think of the version of Irvr we have atm. Im not interested in what FG runners think atm.(mainly because the only answere you get there is that all Irvr suck even though there are 99% of the rvr zones empty to roam fg in)

Myself I actually think Eras, Surs and Bold is the best Irvr version so far. Zerg gets concentrarated about the same as at Berk, its just easier to move around etc and not get cought up in it if you dont want too!:)

/Charmangle
Berk ftw

Raimo

One of Freddy's beloved
charmangle said:
And I agree here too, atm hibs seem to be able to spawn about 2 times the amount of fgs that mids/albs can. But that doesnt mean you cant try one or 2 runs on Agramon out too, just to make sure what kind of action there is there at that time?:) (I do agree thought, that mostly its up to the GL to decide where to go)

/Charmangle

Well thats shows that hibs want to do fg vs fg RvR on agramon but its lacking mids and albs :(

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Quite good fun intercepting solo/duo en route to bridge camp.

illu

Part of the furniture
Ah well - there goes the instaport - bloody albs ruining the fun again.

I bet they are there twiddling their thumbs, scratching their balls, wondering - hmmmm there were lots of mids a minute ago, and I was making a ton of RP, and they kept coming back (because the journey back was painless) so I made even more RP! But now - where are they? We took this tower (for Arthur!) and there are no mids. In fact my RP per hour was 15k+ is now 3k+. But I'm so clever! I stopped them middies coming into albland.

Then we take a 10 minute boat journey back to be instakilled. Funny how many mids logged the moment instaport was lost. And was there any threat to relics? To other towers? keeps? NO. Have fun taking back keeps playing against the computer as per usual.

Well done Albs!

Oli - Illu

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
illu said:

I bet they are there twiddling their thumbs, scratching their balls, wondering - hmmmm there were lots of mids a minute ago, and I was making a ton of RP, and they kept coming back (because the journey back was painless) so I made even more RP! But now - where are they? We took this tower (for Arthur!) and there are no mids. In fact my RP per hour was 15k+ is now 3k+. But I'm so clever! I stopped them middies coming into albland.

Then we take a 10 minute boat journey back to be instakilled. Funny how many mids logged the moment instaport was lost. And was there any threat to relics? To other towers? keeps? NO. Have fun taking back keeps playing against the computer as per usual.

Well done Albs!

Oli - Illu

Hmm, this is sating to get abit old tbh. Did albs cry when you cut port in midland and gave up? or hibland? Nope, we tried, this just shows one thing

Mids are the most childish, spoiled realm of the three. logs after a few deaths.

:touch: :twak:

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Hmm, this is sating to get abit old tbh. Did albs cry when you cut port in midland and gave up? or hibland? Nope, we tried, this just shows one thing

Mids are the most childish, spoiled realm of the three. logs after a few deaths.

LoL

The fact is without iRvR you either have to fight on home soil (which is zerged with your realm mates) or spend 10 mins and possibly insta die to the other realm's zerg.

You'll get overrun both ways, but at least there there isn't that damned boat ride.

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
rofl, was wondering why denarius' zerg moved to crau... then noticed they cant port to alb lands anymore

ffs mids, go and take port back and leave crau W area for soloers

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Demon2k3 said:

:touch: :twak:

better then logging on at 5am eh?

Inso

One of Freddy's beloved
Kagato said:
Absolute shit, i'll trebbing towers down to break it at the earliest opportunity.
I'll be there to help shear/kill Kagato at the earliest opportunity.

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Just make sure you bring enough people, he's unkillable solo. :worthy:

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe if you don't get battler/warguard like usual. :p

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
illu said:

Well done Albs!

Oli - Illu

hahah down with irvr in alb.

If you love it so much, lower the level of your own keeps.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
I would love to if only...

Kagato said:

Oh how I would love to do that and Im pretty sure about 90% of all Mids would if only 3 things were done:

1. Mythic removed all mountainous zonewalls in Mid fronter making it playable at all.

2. Mythic got off their arse and fixed all snow areas to greenlands and removed all the cc mobs.

3. Albs could be as trusted as mids and hibs have been this time around and not to go for the relic/port break the first evening Irvr was up.

All 3 of these are probably never going to happen...so Irvr in Mid will always just be the end of rvr for all.

/Charmangle

illu

Part of the furniture
I agree - I wouldn't give a monkeys where iRvR is, but whenever it is in midland, some funny alb group that play late at night usually npc the relics which is not good for the game as middies then don't log in :/
The iRvR was fun while it lasted in Albland - fast and furious, but looks like we are back to normal again tomorrow, boat journey's for all which is starting to become boring. Maybe I'm becoming lazy or maybe I prefer that "if" I die, I get back into the action asap :/

Oli - Illu

illu said:
I agree - I wouldn't give a monkeys where iRvR is, but whenever it is in midland, some funny alb group that play late at night usually npc the relics which is not good for the game as middies then don't log in :/
The iRvR was fun while it lasted in Albland - fast and furious, but looks like we are back to normal again tomorrow, boat journey's for all which is starting to become boring. Maybe I'm becoming lazy or maybe I prefer that "if" I die, I get back into the action asap :/

Oli - Illu

All my arse, like 5% of people and the rest will stay and camp their own bridges :eek:

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Yep...

Samaroon|Terracotta said:
All my arse, like 5% of people and the rest will stay and camp their own bridges :eek:

Yep, which means that about 5% of the population has any action at all...so back to the crap that is low pop NF (= no rvr what so ever for 95% of the pop)...:/ To bad though, was nice action in Irvr while it lasted...

/Charmangle

Vonwar

One of Freddy's beloved
illu said:
There is no skill involved - but there are huge amount of RPs to be made.
I saw someone on 350k+ RP!!
Basically its zerg warfare, but it's FUN because anyone can just get out there and just get some RP (if you are a caster). Stealthers kill people on the routes from instaport to the bridge in the middle. The only people that dislike it are visibles who are not in a group.
But everyone else loves it simply because it's carnage, plenty of RP to be made, and no one really minds dying because they can be back in the action literally 4 minutes later.
All these elitist "I hate iRvR" people really need to piss off to Agramon or just get away from the instaport if they don't like it. There's 90% of the rest of the map that they can go to, so go and cry there and have your FG v FG optimised action that gives you so much thrill. Where do we find these FG's though? Slap bang in the middle of the iRvR creaming as many RP points as possible, taking out everyone - which is completely fair enough. Just hypocrites though :>
I say enjoy it while it lasts as it doesn't happen like this often.

Oli - Illu

Ohh you are soo right, right, right. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Greetings

Vonwar

Mundokar

One of Freddy's beloved
Nott, Blend, Bled has too small landstrips to fight nicely
Crim, Crau, Bolg is nicer, though a bit restricted to the field near Crim and the Crau bridge

Setup last night was realy nice. Zergwar at Bold bridge and some nice open field near eras to do some (more or less) FG vs FG fights. Maybe its the change of scenery ;) but it looked ok to me.

RandomDotCom

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:

and why can't we have it in alb? you never really put up decent arguments. there was nothing wrong with the rvr that was currently going on. tards like you live to destroy what little action is left on the server and claim everyone else should host irvr. 'downgrade you own keeps bla bla bla' ... why? irvr was already set up. you own realm is to blame for the current lack of action, by destroying irvr at the first opportunity possible.

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
anioal said:
rofl, was wondering why denarius' zerg moved to crau... then noticed they cant port to alb lands anymore

ffs mids, go and take port back and leave crau W area for soloers

is dat why you were 3 when me and my mate met you close to Surs t4 last night?

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Mundokar said:
Nott, Blend, Bled has too small landstrips to fight nicely
Crim, Crau, Bolg is nicer, though a bit restricted to the field near Crim and the Crau bridge

Blendrake, Hlidskialf and Glenlock works pretty good imo.

Behn, Bolg and nGed works nice aswell.

Those options are as good as Surs, Eras and Bold.

Can understand that some people dislikes iRvR and will try all they can to stop it, which imo is a little sad as I'm lazy to take boattrips cause of seasickness.

swords

Can't get enough of FH
It's quality, not quantity meights :p otherwise big fat American chicks would be winning mrs Universe.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
RandomDotCom said:
and why can't we have it in alb? you never really put up decent arguments. there was nothing wrong with the rvr that was currently going on. tards like you live to destroy what little action is left on the server and claim everyone else should host irvr. 'downgrade you own keeps bla bla bla' ... why? irvr was already set up. you own realm is to blame for the current lack of action, by destroying irvr at the first opportunity possible.

To blame? lol you make it sound like its something to be ashamed of or that I actually care theres less action, im actually over moon theres less action, quite happy indeed.

Destroying irvr is one of the few joys left for me in this game if its in albion.

I'd of thought by now you'd of all got the hint that albion does not want or care to host irvr, why do you think we try so hard to ruin it? If you want irvr, you host it, we aint interested. :kissit:

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
IRvR is quite fun, but I'd like something different at least a couple of nights a week. I like siege, and there's rarely anything organised happening at the mo.

The recent Eras-Surs IRvR was a bit risky, as if Hib or Mid took Beno, that was a relic gate open. With Eras-Berks it at least needs two other keeps to fall for that. (Though I have to say I hoped it'd happen, so that a bit of siege starts up again)

Ignite

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Phule_Gubben said:
Blendrake, Hlidskialf and Glenlock works pretty good imo.
Behn, Bolg and nGed works nice aswell.

I thought about that myself but That mid setup has 2 huge dissadvantages:
1. Snow area meaning its hopeless to try and see the enemies unless they are standing on you.

2. Woodareas with gzillion rediculously hard mobs all with cc.
You really cant move around at all in the area because of the annoying %age of area covered with cc redcon mobs.

THe hib area works decently well but it also has 1 large drawback that the alb area doesnt...

1. A big part of the roaming area from Behn is the crap plateu that is only enterable on 2 sides and annoying as hell.

It just takes away alittle to big portion of the roamable area for this setup to be decent.

Kagato said:
Destroying irvr is one of the few joys left for me in this game if its in albion.
Eh, please tell me that you are not that pathetic mate?:/ That your only joys in life is to ruin the fun for others? That just makes one sad!:eek7:

Kagato said:
I'd of thought by now you'd of all got the hint that albion does not want or care to host irvr, why do you think we try so hard to ruin it? If you want irvr, you host it, we aint interested.
Hmm...you do know, that you are speaking as a horrible minority of albs? Which could be seen by the amount of randoms who joined rvr during the Irvr session. Mate, you and me and the rest of us that troll the rvr section of FH is a small minority of the daoc population, and the majority of players dont even consider rvr a major part of the game. But they do enjoy it when there is easy access, since when they do go out into rvr they are basically high rr rp fodder unless they are in a zerg (and even then at times).

So stick to I dont want it and dont drag the Alb population into it mate!:)

/Charmangle

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom