Fledgling Freddie
seems so :)

Attachments

• Splatter^M_000.jpg
    Splatter^M_000.jpg
    403.3 KB · Views: 186

Twilight

Fledgling Freddie
yeah they are quite popular but i crash nearly every time i do one (thats cos my comps sucks tho :( )

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
yeah they are quite popular but i crash nearly every time i do one (thats cos my comps sucks tho :( )
i dont crash and my comp is amd64 3200, 1gb memory and an x800 so your problem is probably elsewhere maybe drivers.

drops to 20-25fps when theres dozens of people at the PQ's though :(

Hammahead

Fledgling Freddie
They are kinda rince and repeat kinda things.
Dont think they will be popular in a way that you would grind them over and over.
Get full inf bar, collect rewards, move on to next zone.

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
well, today run some quests and one of those made me kill 7 xx mobs.
sadly those mobs was same area where public quest.
and there was one guild camping spot, killing those few mobs.... 30+min.

dunno why target same mobs for killquests and those dam public quests :flame:

Grimlorn

Fledgling Freddie
Can anyone explain the mechanics of the loot for PQs?

A group and I got together and beat a PQ, We god some rare bags. I think the first one was blue or purple and the second was the other color, while the last few were just green bags. This was Chapter 7 btw. We did the same PQ again and alls we got were shitty green bags. Even the first player. Then we went to another PQ in Ch. 7 and did it and only got green bags again.

So I'm wondering how we got such good loot the first time and not the second time or when we did a different PQ? It seems like you should only do 1 a chapter or maybe 1 every 24 hours for a chance at the good bags? Also the green bags within a chapter seem to give the same loot over and over, so if for some reason you don't even get a chance at the better loot bags except once then what's the point of doing PQs?

Tauron753

Fledgling Freddie
Fucking love PQ's.

<3

Although having doubts about mah shaman atm, Black Orc seems so much cooler.

Hammahead

Fledgling Freddie
Can anyone explain the mechanics of the loot for PQs?

A group and I got together and beat a PQ, We god some rare bags. I think the first one was blue or purple and the second was the other color, while the last few were just green bags. This was Chapter 7 btw. We did the same PQ again and alls we got were shitty green bags. Even the first player. Then we went to another PQ in Ch. 7 and did it and only got green bags again.

So I'm wondering how we got such good loot the first time and not the second time or when we did a different PQ? It seems like you should only do 1 a chapter or maybe 1 every 24 hours for a chance at the good bags? Also the green bags within a chapter seem to give the same loot over and over, so if for some reason you don't even get a chance at the better loot bags except once then what's the point of doing PQs?

If my obersvation was correct in OB, not all PQ's got blue loot bags.
I think this is mostly in tier1.
Some got blue bags though, but as far as I know -> If a PQ can drop a blue bag, it will drop it every time..so it prolly was a diffrent PQ.

And yeah, the loot table is gonna be the same eveytime you do it, meaning the green, blue or whatever coloured bag will allways have the same items.
You do have the choice of picking cash though, if you got all you want from the bags.

Grimlorn

Fledgling Freddie
No you're wrong. My post says specifically that it was the same PQ.

I did the same PQ twice in a row. The first time it had the option of a blue and purple bag I think as the first 2 loot bags. I know atleast the first player got blue or purple bag.

Second PQ we did in the same exact group and same exact place we got green bags as our rewards all of us.

This is Chapter 7 which is tier 2. We went on to do a different PQ in Chapter 7, and it gave out green loot bags again.

What do you think I magically forgot I was doing a different PQ or something?

There's something odd with the way PQs work. They don't always give out good loot bags.

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
the PQ scoring is strange as well. cant remember how many times I got the message saying I came first on contribution then didnt get in the loot spots on the end score. but yeh on all PQ's you only seem to get the better loot bag the first time you win loot on that PQ.

Tauron753

Fledgling Freddie
the PQ scoring is strange as well. cant remember how many times I got the message saying I came first on contribution then didnt get in the loot spots on the end score. but yeh on all PQ's you only seem to get the better loot bag the first time you win loot on that PQ.

Loot is rolled, contrib is added to your roll, roll is from 1-1000.

<- Last on contrib, rolled 998 and won top loot ;3

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I think how high your roll is affects what sort of bag you win... but I could be wrong.

Grimlorn

Fledgling Freddie
Pretty sure you're wrong since they show the color loot bags you're going to receive before calculating the rolls. I can't remember exactly but if you're going to get like 4 green bags it shows them at the top of the roll screen.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Pretty sure you're wrong since they show the color loot bags you're going to receive before calculating the rolls. I can't remember exactly but if you're going to get like 4 green bags it shows them at the top of the roll screen.

cool, haven't really looked into it much since I'm incapable of rolling double figures never mind triple figures on the roll and thus never get anything anyway :)

Grimlorn

Fledgling Freddie
yeah i don't like the system so far.

it seems like the best contributor gets 500, second 450, etc while you can roll up to 1000 giving really anyone a chance to win. I think i rolled like an 80 after getting 500 for best contribution and didn't receive a loot bag, or I got the last loot bag, which green bags suck anyways.

It should be some thing like this I think.

Best contributor gets 1,000 and second gets 900 etc until about 500, maybe from there go 450, 400, etc, then roll 1-1000. That would be much better I think.

Right now you can just do a minimum in the PQ and roll a high score and win the whole thing.

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
yeah i don't like the system so far.

it seems like the best contributor gets 500, second 450, etc while you can roll up to 1000 giving really anyone a chance to win. I think i rolled like an 80 after getting 500 for best contribution and didn't receive a loot bag, or I got the last loot bag, which green bags suck anyways.

It should be some thing like this I think.

Best contributor gets 1,000 and second gets 900 etc until about 500, maybe from there go 450, 400, etc, then roll 1-1000. That would be much better I think.

Right now you can just do a minimum in the PQ and roll a high score and win the whole thing.
yea and if u dont get a loot bag you get +100 added to your roll until you do.

so someone can just go afk come back after 5minutes do the last stage and still get a bag eventually if not from pure luck in his roll anyway

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
If they didnt have the random roll, there would be no real incentive to join in PQ after they had already started. Also high levels can come down to the low level PQ, bash lots of mobs, get highest contribution then run away with the best loot even tho they cant use it.

The random roll protects against both of these, and yes its pants when you bash your heart out and get nothing, but try not to do it only for the loot - you get good influence, good XP and a bit of fun too =)

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
dunno why target same mobs for killquests and those dam public quests :flame:

I think the idea is to guide you to the public quest areas so you don't have to hunt them out yourself. Probably only an issue for the first few weeks when everyone is around about the same stage so on the same chapters.

BigBadB

Fledgling Freddie
While we're on the subject of PQs, I have a quick newbie question:

Is there any way to reset your influence bar for a PQ? Or can you only ever get one reward for each influence level on a given PQ?

For example, if there are 2 items to choose from for filling the influence bar, will you only ever be able to earn one of them?

Cheers.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
While we're on the subject of PQs, I have a quick newbie question:

Is there any way to reset your influence bar for a PQ? Or can you only ever get one reward for each influence level on a given PQ?

For example, if there are 2 items to choose from for filling the influence bar, will you only ever be able to earn one of them?

Cheers.

no. if you completely fill the bar, you get to choose 3 items. first four are potions from which you can choose 1, 2nd and 3rd are items to equip but you have to choose between 2 for each. there is no way to get all 4 items.

you can`t reset the inf bar. if you have a full inf bar, go get your items and move on or repeat the pq in order to get a drop from the boss mob.

life is making choices :p you can`t have it all.

BigBadB

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for the info - I'll be a little more careful choosing my rewards from now on. ;)

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
The amount of bags is determined by how many ppl participate in the PQ. And I think the colors of the bags is random in the same way you sometimes get a blue drop when you kill a mob while othertimes you only get a green.

NephrenKa

Fledgling Freddie
The amount of bags is determined by how many ppl participate in the PQ. And I think the colors of the bags is random in the same way you sometimes get a blue drop when you kill a mob while othertimes you only get a green.

I have witnessed purple drop last night at Macabre PQ (one with Sado-Maso sigmarites).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom