Public Test Server?

Nate

FH is my second home
So US Customers will soon have access to testing another patch, will EU get a chance to give some feedback on it before it goes live this time around? Would be nice to get a real answer on this from GOA, all I've seen is "I'll look in to it" recently with no following up.

I think this is the last thing we heard from Magnus about it

Good day!
I can't confirm whether or not there will be European test servers but that's what we're aiming for. We've got the hardware all set up if need be, so it's more a matter of finding a solution we're happy with.

There is certainly room for improved communication between GOA and Mythic - it's an organic cooperation this and we're learning as we go along. Without a doubt though, bug reporting is something which does work very well simply because we've been working together on this level for a long time now. If we do host European test servers, it would be done to comply with one primary purpose; to promote the development and improvement of WAR.

I'd love to be less vague, but this is what I can say right now. Obviously, this is a hot topic and I'll try to get straight answers to you as soon as possible.

-Magnus
November 6th.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
All I can ask is did you actually expect any action before earliest in a couple of months given how fast GOA usually acts?

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
Heya!
There will be European test servers for sure and the systems needed are under construction. I don't know if they'll be live before 1.1 or not though but if I hear anything I'll share it.

Cheers,
Magnus

Nate

FH is my second home
Heya!
There will be European test servers for sure and the systems needed are under construction. I don't know if they'll be live before 1.1 or not though but if I hear anything I'll share it.

Cheers,
Magnus
Hey Magnus,

Are the systems being under construction different to where you said "we've got the hardware all set up" gimme some details Magnus! What does all this gibberish mean!

MagnusGOA

Hey Magnus,

Are the systems being under construction different to where you said "we've got the hardware all set up" gimme some details Magnus! What does all this gibberish mean!

Good afternoon!
The hardware being good to go means that we've got plenty of servers standing about and installing a test server version on these machines can be done fairly quickly. It's the interface systems and the integration of these with our hardware which is under construction.

Hope this clear things up!
-Magnus

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Excellent news, truly excellent. Thank you Magnus!

Thatelf

Fledgling Freddie
What happened to the promise that the EU would get things the same time as the US?

Popov

Fledgling Freddie
To translate...... the servers there but the guy who does our web site can't figure out how to allow you to copy a character there using flash :p

Nate

FH is my second home
Good afternoon!
The hardware being good to go means that we've got plenty of servers standing about and installing a test server version on these machines can be done fairly quickly. It's the interface systems and the integration of these with our hardware which is under construction.

Hope this clear things up!
-Magnus
Thanks for clearing that up Magnus, I think you guys do tend to do that a lot though. Gibberish! Would be great if in future we get some detail as standard :D

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
What happened to the promise that the EU would get things the same time as the US?

I think the promise was for patches / content ect. Which one day is pretty nice with it being across two companies and translated into four(?) languages. I realise that its designed to be easily translatable but something will need to be done to it!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It was actually a promise of "an equal or better service" all round.

Epic fail by GOA

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Well I for one am happy that we are getting a test server rather than QQing about things said and done in the past.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Do you have anything positive ever to say?

About GOA? No, not really. Though I supported them through the launch, even after the fuck ups in DAOC. They soon proved that they have not changed :)

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Well I for one am happy that we are getting a test server rather than QQing about things said and done in the past.

Wait with the happiness 'till we actually get it.
It was like being happy with the Realm War pages when told we'd get them in beta/pre-release, and yet we still had to wait months for them to be implemented.

NicGOA

You may notice a client patch when you log on today. We just posted this on our website:

war-europe.com said:
Today at 12:45 CET we will deploy a small client update on the patcher to prepare for the soon to arrive test server. You will download a file called 'testpatch.exe'. Please note that if you execute this file you will patch your client to version 1.1 but you won’t be able to connect to the test server because it’s not yet available.

We’ll notify you as soon as the test server is available.

I can't give you any further info for now sorry. But it's coming soon(tm).

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
You may notice a client patch when you log on today. We just posted this on our website:

I can't give you any further info for now sorry. But it's coming soon(tm).

Huzzah, before xmas? :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Nate

FH is my second home
Aharrr, my thread kicked this in to action imo!!! Send your christmas presents to me as thanks!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Aharrr, my thread kicked this in to action imo!!! Send your christmas presents to me as thanks!

Here you go buddy!

BOOOOOOOMMM
mailboxboom.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom