Public Quests are a JOKE !!!!

Beledus

Fledgling Freddie
Took a guild group into Mount Gunbad (instance) worked our way through a PQ which consists of lots of champions and some hero mobs, we get to the boss and part way through another guild turns up with a 15-20 man warband and joined in and ended up taking most of the rolls 2 purple bags a blue and 2 greens and i ended up with nothing even though my contribution was constant nuking and dots. So the PQ must only see contribution on the boss mob ?? anyone doing all the work get it leeched by someone coming in at the last moment !! this SUX !!

:twak:

Hufner

Fledgling Freddie
Took a guild group into Mount Gunbad (instance) worked our way through a PQ which consists of lots of champions and some hero mobs, we get to the boss and part way through another guild turns up with a 15-20 man warband and joined in and ended up taking most of the rolls 2 purple bags a blue and 2 greens and i ended up with nothing even though my contribution was constant nuking and dots. So the PQ must only see contribution on the boss mob ?? anyone doing all the work get it leeched by someone coming in at the last moment !! this SUX !!

:twak:

The PQ does not see contribution only on boss mob, but there's a /random roll in the final lottery that makes it possible for people to come in on the last fight and get the top draw.

Even with the contribution system, it's still a lottery.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
sux though that in big groups, when boss dies, 50% goes LD.. and doesnt receive anything:p

nosebleed

Fledgling Freddie
Had a similar issue with Gunbad, sucks as well when you go in as a WB as a guild run, get past all the PQ's and then only 6 of you can go in to do the instance.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
lol its daoc fg vs fg all over again except in pve

its a PQ

live with it

P= public might give some idea

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
Couldn't agree more Miriath.

To the o/p: You're apparantly complaining that the public quests are open to the public. I suppose your T-Shirts look too much like the letter 'T' when laid out?

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
its even more anoying in the low level PQ's you cant complete them as you luck if another person is at them. even getting the inf is a pain due to it. Gues I should of been more desisive on what class I want to play lol.

but realy they should change the PQ's so the top 2 or 3 contributors get a prize for that then do the roll. also they should scale them as any1 starting from now on probly wont see a PQ boss till end game.

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
Had a similar issue with Gunbad, sucks as well when you go in as a WB as a guild run, get past all the PQ's and then only 6 of you can go in to do the instance.

A guildie of mine said he thought getting into the instances at the end of each run was related to the influence stage you were on so to get in the first one you need to have passed the basic reward, second one advanced reward and final one the elite reward.

Belsameth

Tainted
Shit happens. It's what you get with a random roll.
can have advantages as well. Like when you finished last in Contrib but still walk away with the purp bag.. :)

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
I think there are some bugs with the public quests through.

Some of them accurately finds out that some people had contributed nothing, if they for instance come along in the last step or if they was just nearby, but I experienced getting a lootbag for running by a PQ as people finished it; If I had been one of those working my ass of at that PQ I would have been very upset

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Sorry but shit happens tbh.
Its a PUBLIC quest, for anyone who want's to get involved.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
i showed up at the stage before the last in a pq in avelorn, a guild group there had pretty much cleaned out the whole place, was just champions and then the last hero step left.

i three a few helpful aoe hots out and just smacked the mobs with my pathetic attempt at dps. finished bottom of course but ended up rolling top and picked up an epic.

talk about feeling like an absolute shit!

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
I believe the problem with PQ's is that the initial roll everyone gets is too high (1 through 1000), where as the bonus you can get is up to 500.

I think the fix would be is to lower the initial roll to 1-500 instead of 1-1000, that way it gives people who join in the last minute a much lower chance of getting the loot.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home

Some of them accurately finds out that some people had contributed nothing, if they for instance come along in the last step or if they was just nearby, but I experienced getting a lootbag for running by a PQ as people finished it; If I had been one of those working my ass of at that PQ I would have been very upset

They are definitely bugged when we ran our Guild PQ event the other I came top 3 times outdamaging Borgio's L19 Chosen with my L12 DoK. No way it was right. I was even afk getting a drink on one boss and came back to find I was second before the roll.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
A way of passing on the rolls would be nice so that if you are a decent person and you get a roll for small contribution you can pass it to ensure you dont get an undeserved bag, I can see how it could be abused though to get good gear for lowbies by farming the PQ with a few high levels who then pass on the loot rolls so the lowbie gets an item for doing nothing much.

Hard thing to balance out and generally I think the way to approach PQs is for filling up influence and story unlocks on tomes (as well as the normal xp bonuses) rather than as a loot farming exercise.

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
I like PQs, sure it's not fun to get a bad roll...but shit happends...sometimes I get a really lucky roll to :)

One night I was with the zerg taking three keeps, guess what! I ended up rolling 1st 2nd and 5th best roll on those....there must have been atleast 30ish people there.

On the last one I had highest contribution as well and rolled highest :)

It was a good day :)

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Yeh, I'm not all that bothered if I get a shit roll after a load of contribution. I used to get annoyed, but I realised there were times where I did jack shit and still got the top spot, so it works both ways.

Llendil

Loyal Freddie
I like Public Quests as it's a clear statement that anyone can do it and there are no questions asked if you join in. It's the first time that I've seen such an open system and it works pretty well. My only criticism is that the contribution roll doesn't seem right. I have seen many occasions where I've solo'd a full stage 1 and then a group comes along and we combine to do stage 2 and 3 and I still end up last in the pecking order - e.g. +90 to my contribution instead of something a little more fitting. (Hard to quantify what it should be, but needless to say it's often near the bottom of the list).

That can be quite gutting if it's taken me an hour to clear 75 mobs for stage 1 alone.

However that aside, the principal is very sound and it doesn't stop me partaking and enjoying PQs.

charl8tan

Fledgling Freddie
I'll be annoyed for you then Pikeh, I never get good contrib or rolls (and yes I do work my arse off), if I do get a bag it will always be the worst quality available (and the same guy in my group always get's the best...).

Saying that I did totally defeat him the other day and got myself a Purple bag, only for it to bug out when I clicked accept on the pretty damn awesome Purple shoulders contained within. IE: They didn't appear in my inventory, and the bag vanished. No my inventory was not full, it was just one of those shitty moments, which of course amused my mates greatly (though pissed me off enough that I haven't logged into the AM in 3 days now...)

pikeh

Resident Freddy
I'll be annoyed for you then Pikeh, I never get good contrib or rolls (and yes I do work my arse off), if I do get a bag it will always be the worst quality available (and the same guy in my group always get's the best...).

Saying that I did totally defeat him the other day and got myself a Purple bag, only for it to bug out when I clicked accept on the pretty damn awesome Purple shoulders contained within. IE: They didn't appear in my inventory, and the bag vanished. No my inventory was not full, it was just one of those shitty moments, which of course amused my mates greatly (though pissed me off enough that I haven't logged into the AM in 3 days now...)

I've had that bug a couple of times, fortunately for me it wasn't anything useful. That sucks!

Coder

Fledgling Freddie
I believe the problem with PQ's is that the initial roll everyone gets is too high (1 through 1000), where as the bonus you can get is up to 500.

I think the fix would be is to lower the initial roll to 1-500 instead of 1-1000, that way it gives people who join in the last minute a much lower chance of getting the loot.

I've been thinking the same thing. Give more credit to the people who's contributed a lot while keeping the random element but to a lesser extent.

Problem could be if, for example, in lower level PQs where a high level character comes to "help out" and thereby steals most of the influence, getting the highest contribution.

charl8tan

Fledgling Freddie
Yea, I've had it before on green bags which obviously didn't fuss me that much (slightly annoying as they were small upgrades but meh whatever. But getting on a Purple item that would have given me a major upgrade (and the first "decent" piece of non-quest reward loot in around 15 levels) really grated my balls.

That and the usual CSR reply of "We don't currently restore items lost due to bugs"...so when the hell can they restore stuff is what I'd like to know!

pikeh

Resident Freddy
There are always going to be classes who no matter what can't contribute as much as another class.

rynnor

Rockhound
The lotto is secondary to filling up the bar - public quests are about coming together to help each other - why should it matter who wins the lotto, someone will be better off :)

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
i was getting my inf up on some chapter 2 PQ and some lvl 6 bright wiz got the 500 contribution medal even though i was lvl 26 and one shotted everything lol

Chey

Fledgling Freddie

yeah i had that, i was literally passing thru the edge of a pq to get to my quest and it suddenly told me i had 4th place and had won a bag. Something terribly wrong there.

Also, alot of our guilds healing classes have noticed that if they do lots of healing but no damage then they get listed as very low contribution, even tho the pq would not have been completed without them doing all that healing, if they do damage then hey presto they get listed as having contributed and have chance at loot

Zagzyg

Loyal Freddie
I don't think they're as bad as that, but I'd certainly agree they should be more weighted contribution than the random roll.
I've had plenty of times with +500 contribution, +300 sympathy bonus, and rolled less than 10, and got zip

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
I started another char tonight and doing the PQ's was funny as at some times there were more rewards available than people. but then in one match every person but one got a bag so bet that must of been a kick in the balls for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom